• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Online Dating |OT| Please Respond

Saiyan-Rox

Had a girl message me for once and we started having lengthy convos about things and we both had very similar interests and spoke for a whole day

Now she's gone...just upped and stopped replying. great on the feels there! feel like i'm never gonna find anyone.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Catfish makes an interesting TV show. I need to rewatch the movie, though, as it made me feel so uneasy that I didn't like it. Yet, I like the TV show a decent amount.

EDIT: To answer davepoobond: We went on one dinner date last Monday, then talked in my van for a bit. Then, she came over here on Friday, and according to her we had two dates.

She got here at 2:30pm, and I had to introduce her. Then she read manga and watched me game (her idea), before we went out for Chinese food. Then, we came back and hung out before looking after my sister (who's disabled) at the place where she sang. After that, we went to the movies.

It was at the movies she brought it up. She'd met family at the performance.

I know, it's weird.

You didnt answer the part about clarifying the status of the relationship. The boobs line makes it seem like it isn't official at all.

Lulubop

Kinda drunk. Had a date with Ukrainian girl, went really well =), Too bad she leaves in a month. I text with the girl I saw monday, yesterday and she was just giving me one word replies so I stopped replying. No biggie. Okc is doing me well, no blondes yet though. I'll let ya know.

Tinder been dry as fuck last few days, should take a brerak from it anyway.

My okc, any criticism welcome.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DraftbeerPapi'

I have 122 people who quickmatched ,me in 2 days, but a lot of them don't message first or even message back though they quick matched me first. Smh, they needa stop frontin'.

Kinda drunk. Had a date with Ukrainian girl, went really well =), Too bad she leaves in a month. I text with the girl I saw monday, yesterday and she was just giving me one word replies so I stopped replying. No biggie. Okc is doing me well, no blondes yet though. I'll let ya know.

Tinder been dry as fuck last few days, should take a brerak from it anyway.

My okc, any criticism welcome.

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/DraftbeerPapi'

I have 122 people who quickmatched ,me in 2 days, but a lot of them don't message first or even message back though they quick matched me first. Smh, they needa stop frontin'.

Lookin good! I like your pics (and we all know that's the most important part!)

It seems like the one girl is home now. Do I break it off with the one and try to meet this one? If I asked her to meet as friends it'd still technically be cheating, and I don't want to cheat.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Chewie, have you even spoken to your gf about your issues? Since you made your big post, I mean.

Gray Matter

Because I'd be meeting her to see if she'd be a better fit, and I'd go in already kind of liking her from our talks on PoF over two plus months.

It'd be awkward to explain the situation to her as well.

Well, basing of your posts it seems like you're the one putting effort into the relationship.

If you dump your girlfriend the second you find someone better, what's to say you won't do the same to the new girl?

Part of being in a relationship is commitment and exclusivity, even if that means passing up other prospects.

At the very least, resolve your issues with your girlfriend before pursuing anyone else.

Gray Matter

If you dump your girlfriend the second you find someone better, what's to say you won't do the same to the new girl?

Part of being in a relationship is commitment and exclusivity, even if that means passing up other prospects.

At the very least, resolve your issues with your girlfriend before pursuing anyone else.

I think chewie rushed into this IMO. He only went out with the girl like twice.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
2 dates isn't a relationship, regardless of what either party says

that's all.

Chewbie, you're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

i repeat

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overthinking this.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

This. Isn't the point of declaring you are boyfriend and girlfriend supposed to be the vetting process of finding out if you are compatible on the most important layers such as communication and regularity of seeing each other?

Within a week, it seems, you are calling yourself boyfriend/girlfriend after only meeting twice and talking maybe twice that?

Jokab

You guys are probably tired of me bitching and whining, but how is it possible that I cannot get a SINGLE match on tinder?

Your main picture is most likely terrible, simple as that. I'm not exactly good looking but my picture was taken with a great camera in good lighting, when I was wearing a suit with a bowtie and smiling. This gives me at least some matches. Start looking at what constitutes a good main picture and get one of those. Preferably at least two, more is better really.

Gray Matter

Where do you live?

CT

Your main picture is most likely terrible, simple as that. I'm not exactly good looking but my picture was taken with a great camera in good lighting, when I was wearing a suit with a bowtie and smiling. This gives me at least some matches. Start looking at what constitutes a good main picture and get one of those. Preferably at least two, more is better really.

While my main isn't the best picture, it isn't terrible. I've gotten some compliments from some female friends on that picture.

What are you imagining might happen? What is the worst-case scenario?

That we break up, things go nowhere with the other girl I had liked, and then I'm single for a long time again.

2 dates isn't a relationship, regardless of what either party says

that's all.

Chewbie, you're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

i repeat

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overthinking this.

Yeah, I'm sure I am. That's one of my biggest character faults.

This. Isn't the point of declaring you are boyfriend and girlfriend supposed to be the vetting process of finding out if you are compatible on the most important layers such as communication and regularity of seeing each other?

Within a week, it seems, you are calling yourself boyfriend/girlfriend after only meeting twice and talking maybe twice that?

Yes and yes

This wasn't my plan

Jokab

Have this girl that I was talking to on Tinder, the conversation was kind of stalling a bit. So I decided to ask her for coffee on a whim, to which she seemed super excited and promptly agreed for this Wednesday (my suggestion), whereafter I give her my number and she gives me hers. She says she gets off work at 5 pm so we decide to meet at 5.20 pm in the city. Four hours before I text her to confirm the time, she responds that she recently received a reserve time slot for a mandatory part of the driving test process that she has to attend. I know it's difficult to get slots for this thing so I totally believe her. Weird that I had to text her first though. Anyway, she offers to reschedule the next day, and we agree to the same time of day.

Two hours before she texts me "feels terrible about it" but has to stay late at work and can't make it, this time with no rescheduling offer. At this point I deliberately wait about an hour before texting her back and say "That's okay! I trust you will make it up to me :)". This was around 4 pm yesterday and no response yet, and she just now was active on Tinder again, after being inactive for about three days.

This is a lost cause, right? She didn't want to meet me in the first place and simply accepted to be nice. Well, nice in her head at least, blowing me off at the first instance is by far the more "nice" thing to do. I mean if she texts me with a rescheduling offer that's nice, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm definitely not texting her first about it.

BIGWORM

Have this girl that I was talking to on Tinder, the conversation was kind of stalling a bit. So I decided to ask her for coffee on a whim, to which she seemed super excited and promptly agreed for this Wednesday (my suggestion), whereafter I give her my number and she gives me hers. She says she gets off work at 5 pm so we decide to meet at 5.20 pm in the city. Four hours before I text her to confirm the time, she responds that she recently received a reserve time slot for a mandatory part of the driving test process that she has to attend. I know it's difficult to get slots for this thing so I totally believe her. Weird that I had to text her first though. Anyway, she offers to reschedule the next day, and we agree to the same time of day.

Two hours before she texts me "feels terrible about it" but has to stay late at work and can't make it, this time with no rescheduling offer. At this point I deliberately wait about an hour before texting her back and say "That's okay! I trust you will make it up to me :)". This was around 4 pm yesterday and no response yet, and she just now was active on Tinder again, after being inactive for about three days.

This is a lost cause, right? She didn't want to meet me in the first place and simply accepted to be nice. Well, nice in her head at least, blowing me off at the first instance is by far the more "nice" thing to do. I mean if she texts me with a rescheduling offer that's nice, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm definitely not texting her first about it.

Move along. Nothing to see there...

Lulubop

Tinder girls been super flakey for me too. I had 5 girls cancel dates with me in the last week. Luckily I wass able to reschedule with 1 and I quite like her, and two I eas able to find replacements. It did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I get it. I never have Friday's off and I haven't had Saturday's recently either.

Ever since Tinder became paid, Ive been getting fewer and fewer people swiping right on me :(

I cant tell if Im ugly, or just not pretty enough. Maybe my pics can be better. How do some of you look like on Tinder? 5 appointments for Lulubop in a week sounds unachievable for me

People actually pay for tinder?

No. I mean that since swiping is limited, fewer people swipe right on me. So I have less matches than ever before.

And today I matched with 5 bots. So annoying.

I had to go back to OKC, which has given me 2-3 convos since yesterday, but meh, I don't really live in the city.

This other girl said I was handsome but then wanted to know my ethnicity, which I think might be a deal breaker for some, so I'm hesitant to tell people

Symphonia

Banned
Some guy from Australia had visited my profile and when I checked his profile, he had copied everything from mine and pasted on his. What a cretin.

Symphonia

Banned
What'd you do??

Something like this is what Im REALLY afraid of
Nothing I can do, really. I messaged him telling him to 'get some fucking originality' but that's about it. Just pisses me off because I put some thought into mine, and this bellend spends five seconds copy/pasting it. Urgh.

Jokab

Started talking to this girl on Tinder yesterday, within hours we had set up a date for thursday, she was very busy before that. Then we proceeded to text back and forth all night, and a whole lot today as well. We've talked more than I've talked to pretty much all my other Tinder contacts combined, in only two days. It's mostly banter though, and flirting. It's decidedly not friendly talk, there's definitely a connection and we've both hinted at it many times.

Is this bad in any way? Talking too much? We haven't even met yet, and it will be five days until we do. Is it possible we build up too much expectation? Any tips on how to approach this?

The Llama

This happened a few months ago, but apparently I look like Evilore?

GHE7Lfp.png

Made me lol pretty good.

Soi-Fong

Started talking to this girl on Tinder yesterday, within hours we had set up a date for thursday, she was very busy before that. Then we proceeded to text back and forth all night, and a whole lot today as well. We've talked more than I've talked to pretty much all my other Tinder contacts combined, in only two days. It's mostly banter though, and flirting. It's decidedly not friendly talk, there's definitely a connection and we've both hinted at it many times.

Is this bad in any way? Talking too much? We haven't even met yet, and it will be five days until we do. Is it possible we build up too much expectation? Any tips on how to approach this?

It's not exactly bad, but you want to save some stuff to talk about when the actual date happens. Good to have a little bit of mystery in the other person.

Jokab

It's not exactly bad, but you want to save some stuff to talk about when the actual date happens. Good to have a little bit of mystery in the other person.

Yeah the way we're talking is a lot of banter so we're not actually asking eachother questions like what do you work with/school or what interests do you have. More like what is the worst movie you've seen or other stupid stuff. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's honestly my preferred way of talking to women online. I guess it's not terrible, but I'll probably try to slow it down a bit.

Lulubop

Been having some bad dates lately. Every has been just meh, and that Ukrainian girl is all over the place. Making me want like a consistent serious relationship with someone.

Top Bottom