• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Little late on this info and I don't think I've seen it done to this point, but need to put this out there for new comers: When signing a FA or extending a player, you can't use the final year of the deal as a team option that is greatly higher than the previous years.
To be safe, either keep that team option the same as the previous years, or under those values.

Guessing it's a gimmick move and the CPU goes for it?

Rommel

Available Players:

Michael Brantley LF (Have OF's coming up and need to make room. Solid player at a reasonable 5.5,6.5 and 6.7 with a team option on the 3rd year)

Brandon Drury 2B(Similar story to Brantley, have young guns coming up I want to give some playing time to. Can play 1B, 2B and 3B at a starting level. Likely a 4 WAR player at 2B but he is blocked by Wong. You will be getting 3 years of control with him)

Tim Berry SP (Solid innings eater, middle of the rotation kind of guy. 3 years of control.)

Allen Webster SP(Solid back of the rotation starter I just don't have room for right now. You would have 3 years of team control.)

norm9

I don't know if I'm missing something, but where is the most recent file download?

When I open the game, I only have the option to load the initial league file from the league website, but then it asks me to pick a manager and Im not on the list of managers to select.

brentech

If you have the league file and folder already, from there, everything is done in game.

Not at my computer right now, but it should be: File - Online League - Download latest league file.

norm9

Hmm. No online league option shows on the file tab. I see a picture of Brentech with the Indians hat and no news etc. I'm going to delete all the league stuff and redo it. Maybe I followed the instructions wrong and put the setting files in the wrong place. I'll post again when I figure it out.

brentech

yeah, if you have all the files in the right place, it's here:
TPvyaKZ.png

How a Baseball-Obsessed Programmer Is Helping Us Live Our Hardball Fantasies

The Major League Baseball season is almost upon us, and with it comes one of the nerdiest of American pastimes: predicting the statistical performances of the league’s 30 teams and 750 players. The task, while inexact, has made stars out of people like pioneering sabermetrician Bill James and FiveThirtyEightfounder Nate Silver. Meanwhile, with the recent release of the seventeenth edition of the baseball simulator Out of the Park Baseball, German programmer Markus Heinsohn has continued working to create a computer game that models the sport as accurately and robustly as possible.

More at the link. Very interesting read on our friend Herr Heinsohn.

Good article, worth a separate thread I think but I dunno how many people would be interested outside this current thread.

Agreed. Definitely shows a passionate independent developer with one hell of a story. Go for it!

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: Jan. 6, 2020
Notes:

6 Available Teams: Yankees, White Sox, Phillies, Nationals, Reds, Padres

brentech

Hadn't played any of ootp17 solo yet. Finally started it, already like the new additions to the box score. Story and the chance to win graph.

ycrHoEa.png

highfive.gif

brentech

Current in-game date: Jan. 13, 2020
Notes: It's time to think about moving on to 14 day sims while we're into the lull of the season. Not many big free agents left. If you haven't put in your best offer, you really need to do it now.

Current in-game date: Jan. 13, 2020
Notes: It's time to think about moving on to 14 day sims while we're into the lull of the season. Not many big free agents left. If you haven't put in your best offer, you really need to do it now.

Question on 14 day sims. If I set it up so that I handle the roster and stuff, and someone gets injured...how is that resolved by the game? Should I hand over management duties to my, errrrr, manager?

brentech

Question on 14 day sims. If I set it up so that I handle the roster and stuff, and someone gets injured...how is that resolved by the game? Should I hand over management duties to my, errrrr, manager?

14 day sim would only be used up until Spring Training begins

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GOBL HOF results:

http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/league_144_news_7291.html

CL Mariano Rivera 84.2 (2nd year) Inducted HOF
SS Derek Jeter 79.3 (1st year) Inducted HOF
1B Jeff Bagwell 67.9 (10th year) Dropped
C Ivan Rodriguez 62.7 (4th year)
SP Roy Halladay 62.4 (2nd year)
SP Mike Mussina 56.3 (7th year)
RF Gary Sheffield 55.5 (6th year)
1B Jim Thome 50.8 (3rd year)
SP Curt Schilling 30.0 (8th year)
CL Trevor Hoffman 29.3 (5th year)
RF Larry Walker 25.7 (10th year) Dropped
1B Todd Helton 25.3 (2nd year)
RF Sammy Sosa 20.3 (8th year)
2B Jeff Kent 19.8 (7th year)
RF Bobby Abreu 17.5 (1st year)
SP Andy Pettitte 14.8 (2nd year)
SS Julio Franco 12.0 (5th year)
1B Jason Giambi 11.4 (1st year)
SP Johan Santana 8.9 (3rd year)
1B Paul Konerko 6.5 (1st year)
SP Josh Beckett 5.7 (1st year)
SS Miguel Tejada 4.0 (2nd year) Dropped
LF Alfonso Soriano 3.4 (1st year) Dropped
LF Adam Dunn 2.5 (1st year) Dropped
1B Lance Berkman 2.3 (2nd year) Dropped
SS Michael Young 1.1 (2nd year) Dropped
CL Jason Isringhausen 0.6 (1st year) Dropped
RP Mike Stanton 0.4 (1st year) Dropped
CL Francisco Cordero 0.2 (1st year) Dropped
2B Brian Roberts 0.0 (1st year) Dropped

LOL poor Bags. So close and now dropped.

Also:

Musgrove and Bauer Launch Downtown Nightclub
Friday, January 10th, 2020
Houston teammates Joe Musgrove and Trevor Bauer attended the launch of their new downtown dance club tonight.

The glitzy new night spot, located in a renovated warehouse, is called Club Velocity. It will feature 24-hour music and showcase the talents of internationally-renowned DJs. The joint venture between the two Astros was born from a mutual love of music and the club scene.

"We both love to have a good time, and we thought this would be a great way to expose our fans and the people of Houston to new sounds," said Musgrove.

However, not everyone in the Astros organization is sold on the idea.

"I know how much these guys like to party," said manager Mike Scioscia. "I just hope it doesn't give them even more of an excuse to stay out all night."

The Astros skipper admits his statement was slightly tongue-in-cheek, but he did have a serious word of caution to his players.

"Sometimes these places draw some unsavory characters, so they need to be careful, but I wish them well."

Asked if he might be visiting the club any time soon, Scioscia chuckled.

"Nah, I'd probably get turned away at the door. I don't think they let geezers like me into places like that."

Can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I voted for the top four on that list. I'm firmly under the mentality of "the average Yankee player is overrated," but both those guys make sense.

Pudge deserves to be in. 21 seasons, career .296 hitter, 2,844 hits, 311 home runs, and threw out 46% of base runners tying to steal on him. Dude was elite.

Bagwell deserved to be in, but you heartless bastards kept him out!

I definitely voted Pudge. Dude was the best all around catcher in baseball in the 90s. Piazza was a better hitter but Pudge could hit and defend.

Other than that I don't remember who I voted for.

I did not vote for Jeter.

Did Yelich get paid yet? Because fuck that guy

I offered him a couple years but less than he wanted. I mean just on defense he's like a 2 win player but his offense is really inconsistent.

Also OOTPs aging model makes me feel like I'm better off hoping my guys who are about to hit their mid 20s figure it out instead.

Pretty sure I voted for the top 9 and Larry Walker. I was young when he played, but Larry Walker was a stud. Coors field inflated his numbers (.381/.462/.710 at Coors), but he was just a hell of a player. Looking at his stats, that 1997 season is insane.

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Current in-game date: Jan. 27, 2020
Notes: Yelich signs with Detroit for $70M over 6 years.
Remember to set your ticket prices, scouting budget, and development budget....if they need changed. The Cleveland Indians will be lowering their ticket prices after the fiasco that was our two seasons following the loss at the World Series.

Rommel

If we can run players through the Trade-o-Matic again could you see if there are any bites for Brantley?

Hey! It's a trade!

Arizona Sends:

3B Jake Lamb - MLB
C Oscar Hernandez - MLB

Oakland Sends:

CF Brennon Lund - MLB
SS David Fletcher - AAA Nashville

Rommel

Hey! It's a trade!

Arizona Sends:

3B Jake Lamb - MLB
C Oscar Hernandez - MLB

Oakland Sends:

CF Brennon Lund - MLB
SS David Fletcher - AAA Nashville

Love me some Lund!

Michael Brantley available for a lottery ticket Class A spec

He is owed 5.5 this year and 6.5 next year and you have an option at 6.7 for a 3rd year.

Good player to stash in LF or at DH. If you are interested I'd give you a list of 5 prospects on your team I'd trade him one for one.

brentech

The Indians will kick the wheels on Brantley, softly. Most likely as a DH/emergency OF, but that should also tell you I'm not interested in giving up a top or upper mid tier prospect for his osteoporosis.

Speaking of trades, Springer is still available. Also willing to listen on Marcos Y. Almonte if anyone wants a young 2B with considerable upside.

I think I'm going to regret this trade lol.

My scout's ratings on Hernandez went through the floor with the January ratings update and Lamb is on the wrong side of 30, so he might become a .220 guy.

Oh well! Fingers crossed!

Top Bottom