• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OOTP Baseball 17 officially available - NeoGAF League Details

Rommel

I think I'm going to regret this trade lol.

My scout's ratings on Hernandez went through the floor with the January ratings update and Lamb is on the wrong side of 30, so he might become a .220 guy.

Oh well! Fingers crossed!

Oscar was steady by my scout but sadly Lund took a bit of a hit:(

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Current in-game date: Feb. 10, 2020
Notes: 2 more sims and we reach Spring Training!

Diamondbacks Assistant GM Ernie Edwards: "I agree. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

A's Assistant GM Billy Beane says: "Sorry boss, but this deal does not make too much sense to me. I'd ask for slightly more, maybe a prospect.

---
Arizona also moved Brantley to Cleveland in exchange for 19 year old Jose Valenzuela

A's Assistant GM Billy Beane says: "Sorry boss, but this deal does not make too much sense to me. I'd ask for slightly more, maybe a prospect.

images

I can't get enough of these

Star Starting Pitcher's Son Starts at Exclusive School
Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Today was a big day for Theodore Zimmermann, son of the Texas Rangers right- hander, Jordan Zimmermann. It was his first day of kindergarten at the touted Texas private academy, Winthrop Acres.

Theodore passed multiple aptitude exams in order to be accepted into the school, which has only 400 children over all 13 grades.

"Today is such a special moment for Theo and I am just so proud," said Zimmermann. "When I became a parent I never imagined the love and joy that he could bring me and I'm just so delighted to see Theo go to a school that can cultivate his academic desires."

This experience, coupled with the Zimmermann family's recent purchase of a luxury penthouse, show just how committed a starting pitcher the Rangers have in Jordan Zimmermann.

brentech

Sim: 14 days
Current in-game date: Feb. 24, 2020
Notes: We sim on to Spring Training tomorrow. Get ready to lose your starters.

Somehow, despite me trying to make sure the box was never selected, my new free agent 8th inning guy now believes he was promised the closer role for the two years of his guaranteed deal. I must have missed a box somewhere when negotiating. Welp.

Also, my 70 POT shortstop prospect just became a 21 POT. Cool.

SS Franklin Barreto is available, btw. Looking for 1B prospects.

If anyone is in potential need of a 2B/SS, let me know if Dansby Swanson might intrigue you. I've kinda got a logjam there but my scout and manager seems to want to give the time to SS Twine and my upcoming 2B Strumpf. I don't know why he's so enamored with Strumpf because he hasn't really killed it at any level, but Swanson was meh in the big leagues last season too, but my scout and OSA seems to like him.

"Let me see what the Top Systems report looks like...

Eznark STILL not promoting anyone, even though he has 4 of the top 26, so yeah the Brewers are #1, 197 points. Sure."

Look down a ways. "27th for me. Welp, at least I have two prospects."

Look all the way down...

"30th - Atlanta Braves - 0 points"

ATL plz

Notes: A week into Spring training and injuries are afoot.

springtrainin.gif

chairon

Neo Member
Well that will teach me for dabbling in the free agent market.

Walden done for the year with a torn UCL.

Great signing.

Rommel

auiIPu6.png

OOTP projects Peguero will go bananas. Yeash

I swear the Doyers are spiking the Gatorade cooler with HGH... I've never seen that number of prospects turn out at that kind of level.

"Let me see what the Top Systems report looks like...

Eznark STILL not promoting anyone, even though he has 4 of the top 26, so yeah the Brewers are #1, 197 points. Sure."

Look down a ways. "27th for me. Welp, at least I have two prospects."

Look all the way down...

"30th - Atlanta Braves - 0 points"

ATL plz

springtrainin.gif

Lmao I put anybody with any talent on the main roster.

brentech

Sim: 7 days
Current in-game date: Mar. 15, 2020
Notes: Late update today. Houston resigned RF Alex Abott for 10 years, $128M.

brentech

Current in-game date: Apr. 5, 2020
Notes: Another late update. Busy day. 2 more sims and we reach Opening Day, 2020.

Just when I was starting to think this season wouldn't be so bad! willie Abreu is out for 5 weeks too. Maybe This will be Allard's breakout season.

Hey Mark Melancon, I hope you choke on the huge frickin contract you used me to negotiate with the Phillies, you blood sucking leach. "Prefers offer" my ass. Liar. I hate you.

Look at this smug fuck:

player_21861.png

Hey Mark Melancon, I hope you choke on the huge frickin contract you used me to negotiate with the Phillies, you blood sucking leach. "Prefers offer" my ass. Liar. I hate you.

Look at this smug fuck:

player_21861.png

If you travel to Philly, and he gets to step in the box...you know what to do.

Current in-game date: Mar. 29, 2020
Notes: Tomorrow will be the last sim of Spring Training. Start working you your rosters. The trim down to 25 happens after tomorrows sim!

None.

If you could jam Marcos Almonte in that thing that would be swell.

Rommel

I see Ramos's cybernetic arm transplant surgery was a success...

zaBdJJP.png

Need to stop the day before Opening Day next time... it starts a new day of service time which really borks up option years, now I have a couple players I can't send back down without sending them through waivers.

My top prospect had his potential rating drop by 40 points, fucking lame.

I see Ramos's cybernetic arm transplant surgery was a success...

zaBdJJP.png

Need to stop the day before Opening Day next time... it starts a new day of service time which really borks up option years, now I have a couple players I can't send back down without sending them through waivers.

I always cut to 25 before the final spring training sim.

Rommel

My top prospect had his potential rating drop by 40 points, fucking lame.

Yah I was pretty brutalized across the board. It was a very weird development report honestly.

Y5HHx7S.png

b3PeQb3.png

Well he used to have more scouting reports... Some funky stuff going on with development right now.

My scout thinks Willie Abreu is a 77 ovr with 78 pot now with 65 contact and gap power and pretty decent power. I hope he's right cause I could really use another bat. Especially with Brett Lawrie playing like a bum since he got here lol. But Willie is hurt for three more weeks.

Top Bottom