• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six boxes today (bought a five pack and leveled once)

Really wanted this one even though I am bad with Tracer

Glad you liked them!

I'm pretty sure I would have jumped off a cliff if I got that draw. Not a fan of punk or goth and dislike all of S76's expensive skins.

I'd really like one of those fancy Winston, Hanzo, Junkrat or Tracer skins. Maybe the Zenyatta Egyptian themed one.

That's what we all said when it popped!

ha!

mbpm1

What I mean is, Mei is a close-range, anti-flanking fighter that defends the point and stops light or slow targets like Genji, D. Va, Zenyatta, and Mercy. She uses her icicles to do decent damage at mid-long range. Her ice walls funnel and divide the enemy team and screw with their line of sight. She loses to snipers, Pharah, and Reaper almost guaranteed, and has no answer for Tracer, who can shut her down entirely if the team doesn't have someone to handle Tracer.

McCree can do the close range fighting better and takes down a wider variety of targets, AND his left click is about on-par with the icicle. Winston takes down fast characters like Genji and Tracer much more easily, is a great counter to Reaper, can jump up in snipers' faces, and can disrupt the enemy team even more than Mei can if he's doing his job right. I'd rather have a good Winston or McCree on my team than a good Mei, just for versatility.

I see.

How would you buff her then?

zoukka

The only universally agreed OP heroes are McCree, Widow and Tracer and many pros think it's too early for even some of those.

These low level nerf/buff analyses crack me up.

Why is it that Junkrat gets all of that range on his ult, and yet Tracer's is absolutely shit tier...

Does she have the worst ult in the game? Because it's up there.

Junkrat's tire is easy to shoot down, which I guess is the justification. That said, it's still really annoying to jump as Pharah, think you're out of range, and still get killed by it.

I've seen Tracers win games with the bomb, but I guess Blizzard really wants it to be something of a surgical weapon.

packy34

Having fun is playing smart tho.

You want people to win without having to think about the game?

Thinking about the game is fine, being forced to play slow characters to counter insane turret defenses is not. Widowmaker isn't designed to move quickly on attack, but she's frequently necessary to counter turrets. If a team is using multiple torbs, who by the way can just immediately create another turret after one gets taken down, it's extremely difficult to keep moving forward even if you can keep knocking them out. Torb counters need to be rethought or the turrets themselves need a small nerf.

wrongway

God I love it when an ult wombo combo comes together in a pug. Zarya drops an ult that captures almost the entire enemy team and I'm right there on the flank with the rocket barrage. So good.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The only universally agreed OP heroes are McCree, Widow and Tracer and many pros think it's too early for even some of those.

Well it's clearly not universally agreed because I don't think any of those are OP. =p

Oh yeah, that's one that isn't actually trash like mine!

I actually do have another Symmetra one but yours is better than this one as well. She's super fun to play on defense!

Junkrat's tire is easy to shoot down, which I guess is the justification. That said, it's still really annoying to jump as Pharah, think you're out of range, and still get killed by it.

I've seen Tracers win games with the bomb, but I guess Blizzard really wants it to be something of a surgical weapon.

That happened to me today as well and it seemed like the biggest pile of bullshit ever when it happened. I guess I understand why that happens, though.

Demoskinos

Why is it that Junkrat gets all of that range on his ult, and yet Tracer's is absolutely shit tier...

Nah, its great for taking out turrets and while it doesn't kill the tanks outright its great for softening a tank up for your team to take out especially if they are all clustered behind a Reindhardt.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I keep getting disconnected from the server at the end of each match so it doesn't give me any exp or anything, this happening to anyone else?

LiK

Sounds like a PC problem because while I played against some good players who used them, the controllers def keep them from being too OP. Only had a handful of times where a McCree in PS4 genuinely pissed me off. Not many people play Widowmaker who are actually any good unless they sit around somewhere.

I think Hanzo needs a nerf tho. More killcams where his dumbass arrows are not even near me and I get oneshotted. Crap.

Hex

Banned

I can not tell you how many times my tire has been shot down before getting where I needed it.
Plus while steering Junkrat is just standing there wide open.

Majine

Banned
What did you get? He is my most liked character at the moment. So much fun to play.

iBmIj1f.png

oroboros

Game is addicting as hell.

Amen brother. If I can put my tinfoil hat on for a sec, I've been wondering if Blizz can calculate who your most used heroes are and then give you shit for the ones you don't use.

I'm pretty sure it's just RNG not a conspiracy. I posted above about already getting 5 legendary skins in my first 30 level up loot boxes and 2 of them are for heroes in my top 5 most played and all of them are top 10 most played. Nothing great for any of my least played heroes besides maybe color swaps.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh wow, Junkrat just said "Why So Serious?"

Fuck i love it, he really IS The Joker.

MGrant

I see.

How would you buff her then?

I don't know. I play her a lot (second-most, just under Symmetra) and I can see how obvious buffs like a longer range ice beam or faster icicles would totally break the game for casual players. I just think she has too many easy weaknesses now. Ideally I'd like to see Reaper, McCree, and Tracer work a little harder to counter her, though I am learning to read them a little more now so I can ice-block until an opportune moment. But that requires a stupid opponent.

Grisby

I'm pretty sure it's just RNG not a conspiracy. I posted above about already getting 5 legendary skins in my first 30 level up loot boxes and 2 of them are for heroes in my top 5 most played and all of them are top 10 most played. Nothing great for any of my least played heroes besides maybe color swaps.
Yeah, I'm joking a bit (tinfoil). I guess I've never been one with the RNG gods.

Ecto311

Are the people here that got the collector's edition happy with it or does it feel like a waste? I am looking at it at best buy and with the discount and trade in of the division it costs almost the same as the regular edition. I own almost all the other blizzard games in the collector's editions so not sure if this one is good or just a metal junk figure.

Spinluck

Yea, they're all pretty boring.

Seagull would be the first to say she's not fit for competitive. Probably not the best person to use as an example.

I main Mei, why isn't she fit for competitive play? She doesn't have any bad match ups and is great for both offense and defense (better on defense though).

Her paired with Zarya is just fucking brutal.

OVDRobo

So, how many heroes does everyone think most people should play ideally?

I'm enjoying Soldier, Pharah, Bastion, D.Va, Reinhardt, Mercy and Zenyatta at the moment, which I feel is a good spread across the archetypes.

I've learned that I can't snipe (thanks for that legendary Widowmaker skin, Blizzard) or build strategically worth a damn, so I'm a bit lacking when it comes to defense heroes, but there's never a shortage of snipers out there to cover that role anyway.

I like Tracer and Genji as well, but there's usually someone better than me willing to play those roles and I'm a lot more effective as Soldier or Pharah anyway.

Jarate

Banned
I had been playing with friends the other day who were pretty terrible, and had 30 eliminations as Tracer in one part of the King of the Hill (we lost 2-0 ended up with 38 elims)

I probably could've reached 50 if we had even teams :/

There's a few really good McCree players on ps4, I've been playing him, Zenyatta, and Tracer the past couple of days

McCree gets annihilated by a flanking Winston though, if you've used your roll and your flashbang, you're fucked.

mbpm1

So, how many heroes does everyone think most people should play ideally?

I'm enjoying Soldier, Pharah, Bastion, D.Va, Reinhardt, Mercy and Zenyatta at the moment, which I feel is a good spread across the archetypes.

I've learned that I can't snipe (thanks for that legendary Widowmaker skin, Blizzard) or build strategically worth a damn, so I'm a bit lacking when it comes to defense heroes, but there's never a shortage of snipers out there to cover that role anyway.

I like Tracer and Genji as well, but there's usually someone better than me willing to play those roles and I'm a lot more effective as Soldier or Pharah anyway.

If you're not a competitive player, I'd say play as much as you'd like

LiK

Are the people here that got the collector's edition happy with it or does it feel like a waste? I am looking at it at best buy and with the discount and trade in of the division it costs almost the same as the regular edition. I own almost all the other blizzard games in the collector's editions so not sure if this one is good or just a metal junk figure.

Soldier 76 being chosen for the statue was a huge mistake. No one cares about him and the other main extra is the artbook which doesn't look like a big proper artbook. Not worth the extra cash. If they made Tracer or Widowmaker the statue, it would've sold out but instead I see discounts for the CE instead.

Kouichi

Damn Reaper works really well in defense, especially on control points. Constantly changing positions and flanking so they don't know where you're coming form next can be very difficult for a team to deal with. And a ton of fun for me.

Where can I download those two Lucio songs? I know they're on the Overwatch Soundcloud but I couldn't figure out how to actually download the mp3s.

Klyka

Banned
I main Mei, why isn't she fit for competitive play? She doesn't have any bad match ups and is great for both offense and defense (better on defense though).

Her paired with Zarya is just fucking brutal.

Because her toolset isn't fit for competitive and she has too many Counters.

She is also slow and has no range with her one range ability taking too Long to kill/hit anyone.

Remember that pro Players Play on a completely different Level.
We are talking widowmakers who hit every shot with a headshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom