• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

Finally watched Sty's DF related videos. He's repeating what I've discovered with playing DF myself. Altho I did learn a better method of utilizing his abilities from one of his videos.

So, since I've yet to get a dupe since they updated the lootboxes, what's the new compensation for dupes?

Same as before. No changes.

Theorry

There is like no way i ever get out of Plat. You almost cant win two games in row or yet alone 3 games. It always, Win, lose, win, lose.

Why is it that the Summer Games always come around right when I feel burned out on the game. Will have to play it to get the skins I've been jealous of for the past year (Brazil Lucio, Eidgenossin and Tracer) and a couple of the nice new ones but aside from that I won't be putting much time in.

Last year I think it was Dark Souls drawing my away and now it's Splatoon 2, just haven't felt an urge to jump back.

LiK

There is like no way i ever get out of Plat. You almost cant win two games in row or yet alone 3 games. It always, Win, lose, win, lose.

This is my experience so far this season. The worse is when it ends up being close games and you lose at the end.

Wow. So how are we supposed to get the same (or even more, according to Jeff) credits gain? Did they increase the chances of getting actual credits drops?

I have gotten coin drops a bit more frequently so I guess that's possible. Altho I'm also getting a lot of dupes now since I have almost everything now. Only DF and Orisa are still missing the most stuff for obvious reasons.

I forgot how nice some of these flag themed skins are.

Wow. So how are we supposed to get the same (or even more, according to Jeff) credits gain? Did they increase the chances of getting actual credits drops?

It feels like credit drops are a bit more common, but I'm not sure.

Owzers

I got a kill as widowmaker in MH last night so I am now a widow main, I'm going to buy the new skin and see if people want to comp tonight.

LiK

I got a kill as widowmaker in MH last night so I am now a widow main, I'm going to buy the new skin and see if people want to comp tonight.

I'm up for Comp tonight. Maybe it'll be better if throwers are in the Lucioball games.

What time tho? You seem to be on much later than usual these days.

Shredderi

Nope. Can't do it. I can't enjoy mystery heroes as long as there is boxes to be won. I'm the kind of guy who can't shut that off, that need to be sweaty as fuck to get those extra boxes and I lose almost every match in this mode and I'm just fuming.

Sayad

Finished Lucio Ball placement, got placed in Diamon, time to never touch this again till next year. Lack of nearby servers make this mode complete garbage.

gjYkDJS.gif

I didn't get potg for this :/

Owzers

I'm up for Comp tonight. Maybe it'll be better if throwers are in the Lucioball games.

What time tho? You seem to be on much later than usual these days.
I'm going to guess 8pm est but if I'm bored and Pinku is on we might play at 7.

Theorry

Uch i hate throwers. One guy was just constant switching for the fun of it. Started looking at his stats. And this whole season he played 10 hours and had 0 damage done.

Uch i hate throwers. One guy was just constant switching for the fun of it. Started looking at his stats. And this whole season he played 10 hours and had 0 damage done.

That takes commitment, you've got to admit.

I will never understand people who do things like that. They can't be having fun surely? Just play a different game, or read a book or something you actually enjoy.

Thanks for the warning - I should be getting internet back tonight but I'll be sure to play something else now.

edgefusion

So glad they changed the loot boxes. Feels great to get a ton of old shit/sprays/voice lines I don't want and absolutely no coins to buy the stuff I do want.

Finally watched Sty's DF related videos. He's repeating what I've discovered with playing DF myself. Altho I did learn a better method of utilizing his abilities from one of his videos.

That "fall from height behind the enemy team and Seismic Slam" was a revelation. It never occurred to me that his damage would keep boosting the higher you used it from.

Muselk's "RPunch in to kill a support, UC and SS to escape, rinse and repeat" is really good for making the other team panic and/or turn on each other.

LiK

So glad they changed the loot boxes. Feels great to get a ton of old shit/sprays/voice lines I don't want and absolutely no coins to buy the stuff I do want.

It basically works in tiers, I think. The new RNG is basically it will keep popping off whites and lbues until you have almost all of them then it goes from there. Yellows still pop as well. I find that Purples are actually less common until you get most of the other less good stuff.

That "fall from height behind the enemy team and Seismic Slam" was a revelation. It never occurred to me that his damage would keep boosting the higher you used it from.

Muselk's "RPunch in to kill a support, UC and SS to escape, rinse and repeat" is really good for making the other team panic and/or turn on each other.

Yea, the Seismic Slam thing was known to me mainly because I looked up the trophy guide for it and you have to jump from a really high place or glide on a slope to get it to max. I also like that he said to use Primary if you really have no abilities left. It should make my DF play a bit tighter.

_Legacy_

Got the Sombra and Reaper skins, both of which I really wanted. Only others I really want are Widow and McCree, let's see...

Theorry

That takes commitment, you've got to admit.

I will never understand people who do things like that. They can't be having fun surely? Just play a different game, or read a book or something you actually enjoy.

What a waste of time. That guy must have issues.

Taking report serious. gg blizz

Yeah is crazy. I reported him through Xbox itself and blocked him so i dont come across him again. Only way i can do something.

jviggy43

That sucks but thinking about it is kind of funny. Not what hes doing to people but why are you having fun playing for 10 hours to just hangout?

Talonz

Mystery heroes is life.

Mystery Heroes has helped me learn a bunch of characters. It forces you to learn them. I still play it ton even though I can play all the characters now. It's such a relaxed game mode which is why I love it. You can tell when you are playing with a bunch of experienced flex players on your team because the games become really easy no matter the hero combination you are dealt.

I know there are a few NRG fans here, so I come with news that they have changed their coach.

They previously had Seamoose of (long-defunct) Method fame, and will now have Brad, the former coach of Selfless. Selfless was top 3 NA earlier this year before unfortunate meta shifts, the Dafran situation, and the entire closing of the Selfless organization. A lot of people praise Brad for how smart he is, including me.

I kinda feel bad for Seamoose though, I think NRG played in like two tournaments under him with multiple players on trial.

edgefusion

Mystery Heroes has helped me learn a bunch of characters. It forces you to learn them. I still play it ton even though I can play all the characters now. It's such a relaxed game mode which is why I love it. You can tell when you are playing with a bunch of experienced flex players on your team because the games become really easy no matter the hero combination you are dealt.

Thanks to Mystery Heroes I can reliably kill 2 people as Widowmaker in a single round. Also; newfound joy in spamming "ooh la la" and "magnifique" at the new McCree skin.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

While I like to mostly use the uppercut/slam to escape, when you have ult or are near to it you can go crazy with using them offensively because your ult will reset your cooldowns for you.

exYle

I know there are a few NRG fans here, so I come with news that they have changed their coach.

They previously had Seamoose of (long-defunct) Method fame, and will now have Brad, the former coach of Selfless. Selfless was top 3 NA earlier this year before unfortunate meta shifts, the Dafran situation, and the entire closing of the Selfless organization. A lot of people praise Brad for how smart he is, including me.

I kinda feel bad for Seamoose though, I think NRG played in like two tournaments under him with multiple players on trial.

Is this good or bad news?

I think what Mystery Heroes has taught me the most is how to not overextend and put yourself out of position. When you have a good character and/or are close to ult, you start playing less erratically. My death count in Mystery Heroes is way less than other modes because I don't ever blindly rush in since proper ult management can basically win a game for you.

Top Bottom