• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Zackat

So as I am kinda sick of SFV ranked right now, I figure I may as well do some in this game as well. Is there like strats/tier lists and all that shit I need to follow? I have just been doing quick playing for the last few months.

If there is a website or a youtube video or somethin that'd be amazing. Can't wait to hate ranked mode in this game too :D

Gorillaz

So as I am kinda sick of SFV ranked right now, I figure I may as well do some in this game as well. Is there like strats/tier lists and all that shit I need to follow? I have just been doing quick playing for the last few months.

If there is a website or a youtube video or somethin that'd be amazing. Can't wait to hate ranked mode in this game too :D
lmao if your trying to get away from ranked matches and meta then booooooooy you in the wrong neighborhood

Anyone who could give me a Doomfist primer? When hes good, bad, optimal use, etc? I LOVE him but struggle to get even bronze damage/elim with him.

Ehh, just played like a 30 second QP on Hanamura defense with a 4-stack suiciding non stop.

They said they were farming exp, I told them exp is time based so what was the point.

Don't worry about it, we'll do what we want was their response. Lulz, this player base is retarded as fuck.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Doomfist just came out and is good so the meta is in flux while it tries to figure out how to deal with him. I use sites like overbuff and master overwatch to look at the hero winrates and pick rates for what tends to work on ladder per tier. Just know that sym and torb have inflated winrates because of how it calculates hero switches.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes
https://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global/mode/ranked

People like 2 dps - 2 tank - 2 supports. I don't think it's required and it's generally better for people to play what they are good at, but it's nice to not have to worry about any one person in a role getting killed or just being bad.

For most ranks the only strategy is to wait and group up to push at the same time. You can and should attack from different directions, but it does have to be done at the same time.

I like Skyline, ioStux, and Coach Seski for my overwatch educational youtubing.

Danj

no, that's not it at all. I came to play some ranked OW and I am looking for the secret neogaf strategems

ttt_WOPR.png

(seriously though I don't think gaf has any strategies that aren't already known to the wider OW world)

I swear to god the number of junkrat players on consoles has increased by 400% this season. Every game I get a junk rat. Sucks,
It's just weird because anecdotally for every 1 game I get with the Junkrat who is a monster towards the other team I'll get another 2 who are absolutely inept and spend the whole game hobbling to the point or payload on their own, so the win rate seems really out of wack for a character who looks far from a sure bet.

That being said there's been quite a few times where I'm on support and we go up against a Junkrat defense that my team just can't seem to get around and it's nothing but junk tires rolling down the map every other minute.
And you guys wants him to get a buff. Fuck that.
If Blizzard ever buffs defense characters as a whole it'll be the death of this game. The bastion era got shutdown real quick for a reason.

Kakaroach

I swear to god the number of junkrat players on consoles has increased by 400% this season. Every game I get a junk rat. Sucks,
During my climb from 1700 to 2000 SR, I'm pretty sure 95% of games had a junkrat in them. The champion is so easy to play compared to others on consoles. I'm sure people try and spam him to gold or platinum.

just went 17-1 as junk in a shutout defense on eichenwalde with a potg triple kill at the end and in my lootbox I got a junkrat emote and summer games voice line... not as good as the cricket skin but it's still a sign from RNGod

paperlynx

Lootboxes have been pretty good so far, already got a couple of the new skins.

Does anyone else think Lucio is too slow in Lucio ball? Just can't get into it

edgefusion

I have every new legendary skin apart from the only one I wanted, Lifeguard McCree. Would gladly trade in every one of these skins for McCree. Blizzard pls.

Bastion doesn't get enough love.

That spread on his recon mode is godly, I would gladly trade some damage for S76 if he could have that same spread.

But while the recon mode is much better compared to before (spread and healing while moving) they fucked up the other two, a much bigger spread plus no critical hits is not a good trade for 20% damage reduction while in turret form, the same can be said for the tank mode (in the past he gained more armor when using his ult, 150 I think).

LiK

Man, I was so ready for Comp last night and we had a good stack but people stuck with QP which I sorta found hilarious. Of course, everyone disbanded after those sweaty matches against other stacks.

Man, I was so ready for Comp last night and we had a good stack but people stuck with QP which I sorta found hilarious. Of course, everyone disbanded after those sweaty matches against other stacks.

You can blame Owzers for that, he kept threatening the group that he would pick widow or doomfist so we quickly lost our motivation to go to comp. You just can't overcome that kind of throwing.

LiK

You can blame Owzers for that, he kept threatening the group that he would pick widow or doomfist so we quickly lost our motivation to go to comp. You just can't overcome that kind of throwing.

I heard the real reason why and I didn't care. I just wanted to play Comp since we had a full stack. We would've done well. Anyway, I might be on tonight. I can always just do Lucioball Comp if no one is on for Comp.

I heard the real reason why and I didn't care. I just wanted to play Comp since we had a full stack. We would've done well. Anyway, I might be on tonight. I can always just do Lucioball Comp if no one is on for Comp.

We couldn't go to comp with the 6-stack since Psycho said he didn't finish the placements yet, Owzers is above 3000.

LiK

We couldn't go to comp with the 6-stack since Psycho said he didn't finish the placements yet, Owzers is above 3000.

Next time I'm leader, I'm booting someone. This is the most people I've seen play the game in a while and I only have a limited about of hours per night to play. Need to take advantage of a stack so we don't have throwers/trolls in our Comp matches.

Also Psycho, finish your placements.

It bothers me that such dumb and easily workaroundable characters like Junkrat and Bastion have high win rates on consoles smh.
It bothers me that they still haven't tweaked Ana on console after her nerf.

I don't think I've seen a single Ana since.

Edit: and yeah my bad guys, I am planning to do it within the next day or two. But I wouldn't have felt bad if you kicked me to play comp.

Nicolada

I had a weird dream that I was married to Mercy and her girlfriend Sombre kept spying on me while invisible while McCree and Doomfist stalked me (just like they do in every game). I may be playing this game a tad much.

Top Bottom