• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

I had a few POTGs where it was just me shooting a few dudes with nothing major happening. I was embarrassed by how boring it was lol

I had a POTG yesterday that was just me (Junkrat) spamming grenades down the final stretch in Hollywood. Wasn't that exciting but I did get three kills.

Palmer_v1

Anubis map, my team decides to go all Pharah. Enemy team decided to go all Symmetra.

Easiest push ever.

Now I'm wondering if multiple Symmetras can stack their shield ability?

Líke why no body wants ti play support i played líke 3 hours straight as Iucio cause nobody wants to heal.

I want to learn Mcree damn it.

yeah i'm not getting this "nerf Lucio/everyone picks Lucio" idea that's making the rounds. ain't nobody playing support except me and on occasion someone who just instantly picks Mercy and then plays her like total trash. i'm always playing support (which is fine because I like it).

"There's a turret here!" But where are you?
"Behind you!"

behind who?

Rad-

Second time that I got a kill with "rain of arrows" with Hanzo. If you haven't heard about it yet it's about shooting arrows directly up in the air just outside where the attackers usually start from and then when the match starts the arrows start falling down causing headshots randomly haha. Each arrow stays in the air about 15-20 seconds.

DrArchon

I want spotting in this game. At least for turrets. "Turrets ahead!!" is not that helpful... Ahead of where?

Yep. I understand why it's not in the game because then there'd have to be a mini-map, but some of the little quips your allies say are pretty worthless.

"I found the enemy teleporter!" OK, thanks for the tip, now if you aren't gonna be able to blow it up or tell me exactly where it is then what good are you?

So ranked isn't coming until hopefully July now?

Great. Both games I've bought this year have been "buy now, fix later!" Games. (Other being SF5)

Missing a competitive mode is hardly a "buy now, fix later" issue. Street Fighter V was a dumpster fire. Overwatch is fantastic in comparison to the shit show that is SFV.

XenoRaven

Second time that I got a kill with "rain of arrows" with Hanzo. If you haven't heard about it yet it's about shooting arrows directly up in the air just outside where the attackers usually start from and then when the match starts the arrows start falling down causing headshots randomly haha. Each arrow stays in the air about 15-20 seconds.
I do this with the Sonic Arrow. Do it 20 seconds before the match starts and it lands right when they come out of spawn and your cooldown is up again as well so you can fire another one somewhere else.

Rad-

I do this with the Sonic Arrow. Do it 20 seconds before the match starts and it lands right when they come out of spawn and your cooldown is up again as well so you can fire another one somewhere else.

Yeah I start it with Sonic Arrow and Scattershot and then just spam normal arrows.

I wonder what the killed enemy thinks when watching kill cam.

Now I'm wondering if multiple Symmetras can stack their shield ability?

Nope. It's a one-shot 25 shield bonus that can only be applied once per life, no matter how many Symmetras are playing.

EDIT: Unless you're asking can a Symmetra give the shield bonus to another Symmetra, despite her starting with 100 shield, and the answer is yes she can but it's still just a 25 shield bonus. I don't think that is what you were asking though, but thought I'd add that regardless.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I saw that on reddit yesterday, I'm sure everyone is going to start doing that now.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Saw a lot of Torb picks from pubs on payload offense late night. They all went about as well as you'd expect.

I don't even know anymore, man.

Demoskinos

I really think Bastion could use some buffs. Specifically an extra 50 health would do nicely. He is so incredibly fragile and doesn't have the movement speed or options that some characters do.

Nope. It's a one-shot 25 shield bonus that can only be applied once per life, no matter how many Symmetras are playing.

EDIT: Unless you're asking can a Symmetra give the shield bonus to another Symmetra, despite her starting with 100 shield, and the answer is yes she can but it's still just a 25 shield bonus. I don't think that is what you were asking though, but thought I'd add that regardless.

Symmetra + Toblerone is the best combo. Everyone gets shields and armor. Those health bars look like nightmares to the other team.

You know, I'm starting to think that Zarya is the McCree of tanks in that one of her best counters is another Zarya. Zenyatta is good against her and sniping but otherwise I'm stumped.

I really enjoy playing as her but they should probably lower her health to shield ratio as her sustain is ridiculous currently.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
How do you guys go about learning heroes you haven't played so far?

I'm nearly lvl 50 and have exclusively played Mercy (top 900 according to master overwatch) since the first beta, so every time I switch to another hero to freshen it up a notch I get absolutely wrecked and called out because of my profile lvl vs the level of my play (unless I'm playing with my premade but then I don't want to let them down..).

Play vs AI seems to create a match with other humans and the bots just get steamrolled, so there isn't really any room for learning... >_>

Finalow

considering how they have the hitbox of a cannonball and headshots deal a huge amount of damage, yep, sounds fun.

need some 6 Hanzo stack in pubs

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stop playing Tor on offense. Or on control point maps. I dont care if it worked a few times because you happened to be playing complete noobs. Its a useless character as soon as you lose the first turret, then what? how do you set it up in a control point map? You dont thats how. Jesus people

Even Symmetra would be better, not to mention the plethero of other heros that would be better. I get liking a character but its a team game, play with the team in mind first

yes im salty about this pug game I just lost lol :D

abundant

Roadhog is so freakin fun to play.

Question: Does being on fire have any impact on the gameplay? How is it determind?

Being on fire just means you're doing really good. It's determined by how many points you score off of kills, playing the objectives, blocking, healing, etc.

LiK

Right, and I find that extremely odd. This is one of those games that screams merchandise.

While cool, there doesn't seem to be many hero's there.

Yea, I'm guessing there will be eventually. Might take a while judging from how long those Starcraft 2 figures came out after the game launched. I'm hoping for statues as well. Still bummed the Tracer one was sold out.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I have a theory that Mei players are really terrible people irl. Like the type that hurts animals for fun.

gagecube

Banned
I don't know what it is about Genji, but I can't seem to do any good with him at all. I'm never able to land hits with my shurikens, can never time my deflect right, always miss with the sword dash, and always fuck up the ultimate completely.

mellow

Not a big fan of Pharah but I think her legendary skins are by far the coolest looking

I may start using her more purely because of that lol

SDCowboy

Yea, I'm guessing there will be eventually. Might take a while judging from how long those Starcraft 2 figures came out after the game launched. I'm hoping for statues as well. Still bummed the Tracer one was sold out.

Yeah I would have thought there'd be tons of figures and statues already.

The low tickrate is exceedingly frustrating on some occasions. I just got killed in Overtime pushing the Payload like 1 more foot by Reinhardt's hammer after I had boosted up and was like 20 feet in the air.

Codeblew

Someone did a trap/mine combo on me the other night with Junkrat and my eyes got all wide like "holy shit I never even thought of that."

It's the best thing ever. You can totally trap heroes like Tracer who just run around corners without looking and before she can react "boom."

Yeah, I figured that out a couple of days ago. I have been having a blast with it every since. It is great for defense where you can pretty much guard a whole side entry with just your trap/mine combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom