• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollan

1) Tracer. I'm not super effective yet but so much fun. And she's an outstanding colorful boxart hero.
2) Roadhog. Deals and takes a lot of damage. Love his animations and abilities. Very Mad Max.
3) Genji. Not much of a personality but his skills are liberting.
4) McCree. His roll-reload and unload whole barrel are handy.
5) Mercy. Boosts the team immensly almost always.

What is the single most satisfying thing to do in this game for you?

For me it's killing bastion using Genji's reflect ability.
As Genji, dashing behind Reins shield and circle strafing while hitting him with the fan+melee cancel combo until he dies.
... Actually just when you're in the zone as Genji. Nothing else feels better than when you become one with the cyber ninja and you can feel the annoyance of the other team.

ExVicis

It should be illegal to have two Torbjorns and two Symmetras on Defense at Anubis if it's Pubs. It should be straight up not allowed. I'm not even saying this because I'm salty because I was one of those aforementioned Symmetras. The enemy only touched the objective once and never again after that.

Xeteh

I feel like I'm never going to get the 250 bucks to buy the legendary I want. Money needs to be more common.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 970 credits right now. So close.

It should be illegal to have two Torbjorns and two Symmetras on Defense at Anubis if it's Pubs. It should be straight up not allowed. I'm not even saying this because I'm salty because I was one of those aforementioned Symmetras. The enemy only touched the objective once and never again after that.

I've had like 2 games on Symmetra where I felt super useful... generally the enemies just immediately focus my turrets once they know where they are and I spend the rest of the game playing catch up. I really think they recharge entirely too slow.

Crzy1

Got a legendary skin, yeah! It's for Symetra... probably the character I've had the hardest time playing, might give me some incentive to practice more with her.

eek5

jumping over the front lines and wrecking squishy dudes as winston and blowing mines up in people's faces as junkrat are pretty satisfying

so i was playing Mercy defending Numbani. Who knew once i died they would get on the point LOL. Luckily my ult was almost fully charged by the time i got back to the first point. used that and revived and then died but there were enough people on there to contest the point until i came back.

Kiro

This morning I went mercy when someone else was already mercy. My team laughed and said let's try it. We wrecked. So much damage and life and most importantly, resurrection after resurrection.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yup. Never thought him and Hanzo would rocket up my favorites list like they did.

RIP Beta D.Va and Mei ;_;
xoAKnJ1.png

pigeon

Banned

Knocking multiple enemies into a pit with Winston's ult.

Knocking enemies into pits is weirdly satisfying in general, actually.

Dispatch

I love using Reinhardt's charge and slamming an enemy into a wall. It's a great animation and does a ton of damage.

Two Words

Genii needs a buff. I feel like his counter should deflect/block all attacks and last a bit longer. It already has a clear telegraph that it is active, so it should be more effective.

Demoskinos

Mei is a lot of fun. Just spam her sorry voice line and put ice walls everywhere.

I had a Mei put an Ice wall up in front of me as Roadhog just as I had activated my Ultimate.

And today I had a Mei put an Ice wall up behind me after Mercy rezed me trapping me on the side with the entire other enemy team.

*sigh* Thanks, Mei.

TaterTots

Banned
The dev who mentioned it indicated that the flashbang is unlikely to be nerfed (which makes sense, because then there would be nobody to keep Tracer in check). He implied that the problem Blizzard has with him currently is how effectively he melts tanks, not how well he kills squishier classes. It's understandable. He's simultaneously the class who stops flankers AND the class who kills tanks best AND functions really well as a mid range damage dealer. He's a jack of all trades, and a master of all of them too. There's a reason he has over 100% usage rates in competitive play.

My guess is that there will be a cooldown to FtH, so FtH -> roll -> FtH won't be viable anymore, but who knows what the actual change will be.

Hanzo. Hanzo is the best character for countering Torbjorn spam nonsense. He melts turrets really fast, spots them for your team with quick wall hacks, and his ult charges fast and breaks things up. Widowmaker, Junkrat, and Pharah are all also pretty good sentry counters, but for multiple Torbjorns, Hanzo's the best.

This is the most in depth I've heard. Makes total sense. Balancing him is almost impossible because if you nerf something he can be completely pointless.

nOoblet16

Genii needs a buff. I feel like his counter should deflect/block all attacks and last a bit longer. It already has a clear telegraph that it is active, so it should be more effective.

??
It deflects everything in the game except Winston's/Zarya/Symmetra's primary fire....everything, including almost all Ults.

I wouldn't want his deflect to last longer, it's useless since people already stop shooting at you what're you gonna do swinging that sword for another second or two with no one firing? It's used as a defensive tool, and the only times it should be used as an attacking tool is when you are already getting hit rather than start it before you get hit, causing the enemy to not fire at all. The only thing I'd want is some consistency with Dragonsword's range and a better hit marker when something connects.

Raptor

I played against a insane Tracer, he/her must had like 40 kills on our side, we just couldnt take him at all, no point in chasing him at all.

Jeez some people are incredibel good at this, made me want to try her.

valeo

Oh I forgot about hooking that asshole McCree while he struts out to high noon people. That never gets old.

Hooking a McCree down the well while he is high nooning is always hilarious

Played the first good Genji i've seen last night - basically ripped our team apart.

nOoblet16

I had a Mei put an Ice wall up in front of me as Roadhog just as I had activated my Ultimate.

And today I had a Mei put an Ice wall up behind me after Mercy rezed me trapping me on the side with the entire other enemy team.

*sigh* Thanks, Mei.

Wish those guys realise they can put it down by pressing the ability button again.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

HAHAHAHHA

I never was more happy to say "GIT GUD" than with this post.

Sou Da

After finally seeing that wolf skin for Hanzo, I'm kind of angry about how much more care it got over the other legendaries.

I actually don't remember the last time I won a game, hell had a game that wasn't my team getting utterly stomped. Haven't had any fun in a couple days playing solo. Or had any good loot boxes. Overwatch hates me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My problem is that while I like playing mei, I am so much better on the D with symmetra that I can't justify going with anyone but symmetra on D.

I don't think I've lost a game on D ever since symmetra clicked for me.

Demoskinos

My problem is that while I like playing mei, I am so much better on the D with symmetra that I can't justify going with anyone but symmetra on D.

I don't think I've lost a game on D ever since symmetra clicked for me.

Symmetra on the D is pretty good. I have a whole folder of...

Xeteh

LOL

Yes, one of the best characters in the game needs a buff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Goddamnit. :p

Also am I the only one who find it slightly racist that they made the indian character a tech (technology based) support (class).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom