• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

My last comment on the day, please, for the love of God, make Hanzo's base movement slightly faster. Not super fast, but at least a hair faster. It's like he's running through molasses. lol

nOoblet16

Goddamnit. :p

Also am I the only one who find it slightly racist that they made the indian character a tech (technology based) support (class).
I don't mind (Indian here), atleast there's an Indian character that is well liked. Wish she had dialogues in Hindi and there was a map in Mumbai.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was bored on the ferry and imagining the things they could do to make Symmetra more relevant on not-defense.

In addition to my great "turret hat on a person's head" idea, I've also thought of:

1) Her shield can block 50 damage before breaking, but instead of being a straight bonus on the HP bar, it's a floating barrier that rotates around the target, leaving bits of them vulnerable at a time. This will increase granularity so they can adjust the strength of the shield without breaking Tracer and Genji utterly. Doesn't regenerate so she has to keep applying it (instead of the set-it-and-forget-it shield we have now)

2) She can deploy all of her turret charges at once and at range, like Reaper's TP but shorter. This will allow her to fight for points with her allies since her biggest obstacle is setup time. Preset patterns like Mei's Wall configuration can be cycled through with additional taps.

3) Main fire's range is increased and when used on an ally it projects a fading shield. Its not strictly healing and it can't reverse damage but it makes the primary fire more relevant than it is now. Perhaps the shield is porous like in the first idea.

4) Alternatively, main fire creates a cage around the target that blocks shots and is sustained by continuous firing, giving her some much needed survivability while chasing Tracers and Genjis.

Any Xbox players feel free to add me (Gamertag is the same as my username) as I'm always looking for people to play with. Only ever played with randoms and one other friend.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Let me tell you how I keep winning CP:

27334576361_e939e7d00d_b.jpg

... keep two Lucios on heal, alternating boosts. Keep one on speed, meaning even tanks and other offense can't keep up with the movement - snipers don't have a chance, either.

... and here are my stats so far:

27334576621_b5c6f30fb2_b.jpg

... still have several characters to play even once.

I enjoy support and it's often the most needed, so I'm cool with that. And while I think I kick ass with Hanzo, everybody always picks him, and you rarely need two.

I think I could find myself getting really good with D.Va.

And, I think at a high-skill level, you're gonna see a LOT of Tracer. She's not a common pick, and she can get fucked easily. But in the right hands, she does great with a good team.

So far, I am not calling for any buffs or nerfs. Only thing I'll say is that playing against Mei isn't a lot of *fun.* Losing control of your character and just waiting to die just isn't enjoyable, even when it's fair.

-MD-

My last comment on the day, please, for the love of God, make Hanzo's base movement slightly faster. Not super fast, but at least a hair faster. It's like he's running through molasses. lol

He's the same speed as everyone else, only slightly slower than Tracer and Genji.

pigeon

Banned
Any tips for Winston? He just feels so did tier. Zenyatta can out damage his static cannon

Zenyatta can outdamage basically everybody.

Winston has extremely low single-target damage but his attack is a cone, so it hits everybody in front of him for free. Your goal is to jump on low-health enemies, especially running enemies, and especially clusters of squishy targets, and just start whacking them. Winston has a bunch of health, a bunch of armor, and a shield bubble that he can use to dance in and out of and make it hard to damage him. He also has a jump every 6 seconds, so when you start getting hurt, just leave.

Your main job as Winston is to make the enemy turn and pay attention to you so that your team can do whatever they're supposed to be doing. Winston isn't a killer, but he can't be ignored.

SDCowboy

He's the same speed as everyone else, only slightly slower than Tracer and Genji.

Hmm, maybe it's feels like he's slow because you can't really hear his footsteps, or something. Who knows. He just feels like he moves slow to me. :p

Let me tell you how I keep winning CP:

... keep two Lucios on heal, alternating boosts. Keep one on speed, meaning even tanks and other offense can't keep up with the movement - snipers don't have a chance, either.

So far, I am not calling for any buffs or nerfs. Only thing I'll say is that playing against Mei isn't a lot of *fun.* Losing control of your character and just waiting to die just isn't enjoyable, even when it's fair.

the healing effect doesn't stack, you're kind of wasting a slot

and really, Mei complaints again? you feel the same about the other stuns/traps?

Apathy

really wish scatter shot actually you know, scattered randomly, as it is right now it's just another one shot vs most of the cast when you aim at their feet. How is that even how that ability should work

Zaventem

To the gaf group I was in with owzers sorry about shat happened. Had a huge lag spike, my torb play of the probably showed that lol. It was fun but my internet is acting up sadly and I don't want to risk it and bring the group down :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
the healing effect doesn't stack, you're kind of wasting a slot

and really, Mei complaints again? you feel the same about the other stuns/traps?

Well fuck - thought it did. Won a few games in a row, handily, regardless. Thanks for the knowledge - didn't know that.

... As for "Mei complaints." No, not complaining. It's the game. I'll try to avoid her. But yes, just in general, losing control of a character in a game like this does kind of suck. Not saying it's overpowered... but it feels... off... to just lose control and wait for her to kill you.

ramyeon

Anyone playing on PS4? Sick of the matchmaking today, it's defeat after defeat because everyone wants to be a hero and go off on their own.

Pics_nao

Game has crashed on me 4 times in the last 10 minutes and I have no idea as to why. This didn't start until after I updated. Was playing perfectly fine last night.

usctrojan

Hey peeps on PC, if anyone wants to team up for some bonus XP i might play a bit right now. Invite digital#1185

I'm not great but I'm learning!

Zemm

Looking through them and there's so few actual skins I want, the Lucio one's are pretty cool and so are the Mercy one's, the rest are meh at best. Wish they'd have done some proper alternate legendary skins instead of the different colour ones.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei is surprisingly the least stereotypical character on the roster.

As an australian I can say that the Australians in the game are 100% accurate representations.

Owzers

Looking through them and there's so few actual skins I want, the Lucio one's are pretty cool and so are the Mercy one's, the rest are meh at best. Wish they'd have done some proper alternate legendary skins instead of the different colour ones.

it is pretty disappointing how many skins are just colors swaps.

It's also disappointing when you keep failing at making anything work at the very end of an Attack mission. Bastions, someone kill that bastion, my poor Reinhart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom