• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Mei is surprisingly the least stereotypical character on the roster.

As an australian I can say that the Australians in the game are 100% accurate representations.

So, let me get this straight. All Australians are pyromaniacs and live in an environment that emulates the Mad Max movies? I thought they love pile driving large, increasingly dangerous animals, all the while mining a rare gold-like substance?

guys i can't play on Ilios. i just can't. the level make ups are so clustered and that one map with the objective inside the building. i cannot even.

Gryph

I take back everything I said about this game feeling okay to lose...

My losses yesterday and today, my inexplicable, frustrating, bone numbing losses have shown me the truth.

I was so angry after this last loss that I understood how a super nova feels.

I wanted to salt the earth. I wanted to tear down civilization and make you all in live in the ruins. I wanted to end video games forever, to make their creation an art punishable by death.

I was transformed by these pub stomps into a purely hate driven vehicle. An Asura of video game justice...

Let me tell you, I was on tilt. I had transcended the tilt, I had journeyed to the event horizon of tilt and I could see all of my white hot rage coalescing into the sort of doomsday object that destroyed entire galaxies.

Each compounding loss drove defeat so far into my bones I'm not sure I'll ever succeed at anything ever again...

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
A friend of mine told me one of Roadhog's soundbytes when he hooks an opponent is 'come here!' in the vein of Scorpion from MK. I haven't heard it yet while playing. Can anyone confirm?

RowdyReverb

I was bored on the ferry and imagining the things they could do to make Symmetra more relevant on not-defense.

In addition to my great "turret hat on a person's head" idea, I've also thought of:

1) Her shield can block 50 damage before breaking, but instead of being a straight bonus on the HP bar, it's a floating barrier that rotates around the target, leaving bits of them vulnerable at a time. This will increase granularity so they can adjust the strength of the shield without breaking Tracer and Genji utterly. Doesn't regenerate so she has to keep applying it (instead of the set-it-and-forget-it shield we have now)

2) She can deploy all of her turret charges at once and at range, like Reaper's TP but shorter. This will allow her to fight for points with her allies since her biggest obstacle is setup time. Preset patterns like Mei's Wall configuration can be cycled through with additional taps.

3) Main fire's range is increased and when used on an ally it projects a fading shield. Its not strictly healing and it can't reverse damage but it makes the primary fire more relevant than it is now. Perhaps the shield is porous like in the first idea.

4) Alternatively, main fire creates a cage around the target that blocks shots and is sustained by continuous firing, giving her some much needed survivability while chasing Tracers and Genjis.
I actually got an angry XBL message today for playing as Symmetra. I was just giving it a shot!
Any Xbox players feel free to add me (Gamertag is the same as my username) as I'm always looking for people to play with. Only ever played with randoms and one other friend.
Added
A friend of mine told me one of Roadhog's soundbytes when he hooks an opponent is 'come here!' in the vein of Scorpion from MK. I haven't heard it yet while playing. Can anyone confirm?
I want to say I've heard this, but I'm not 100%

Kahoona

You shouldn't be able to use abilities in Zarya's ult...they can just completely negate it when you land one on the whole team.

mbpm1

My losses yesterday and today, my inexplicable, frustrating, bone numbing losses have shown me the truth.

I wanted to salt the earth. I wanted to tear down civilization and make you all in live in the ruins. I wanted to end video games forever, to make their creation an art punishable by death.

I was transformed by these pub stomps into a purely hate driven vehicle. An Asura of video game justice...

Let me tell you, I was on tilt. I had transcended the tilt, I had journeyed to the event horizon of tilt and I could see all of my white hot rage coalescing into the sort of doomsday object that destroyed entire galaxies.

Each compounding loss drove defeat so far into my bones I'm not sure I'll ever succeed at anything ever again...

Yesss, now you have taken the first step

That's my secret captain

I'm always angry

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Illios is the best, me and my friend always pick double Roadhog and hook everyone into the well.

NimbusD

Wait, that's actually a thing? Holy shit that's dope

I'm pretty sure I deflected a Hanzo ult before. It happened super quick and I havent been able to do it again, but unless I just didn't understand what was happening I did it.

Hmm, Im gonna look that up just to check.

Xeteh

I'm pretty sure I deflected a Hanzo ult before. It happened super quick and I havent been able to do it again, but unless I just didn't understand what was happening I did it.

Hmm, Im gonna look that up just to check.

You have to deflect the arrow Hanzo shoots to deflect the ult.

a harpy

My thing is, I just don't get it. I don't get why these people don't care about winning. Why are the people on my team okay with just potshotting the enemy team while they push the payload to the winning point and why are two people on my team refusing to change from double widowmaker while we're trying to push a payload?

I'll be gold in every game, in every stat. I can't carry this shit. Hopefully I can actually expect team competence in comp. mode. I'd really like to just lose because I'm getting outplayed, not because my team literally doesn't understand basic strategy like contesting a point.

Zemm

You shouldn't be able to use abilities in Zarya's ult...they can just completely negate it when you land one on the whole team.

I like that a team or person can save up an ultimate and use it to counter an enemy players ultimate, that level of strategy and added depth add to the game a lot imo. Seeing a Mei hovering around you can tell she's just waiting for that ultimate, so as Lucio I'll also hover around and make sure I have mine up when she uses hers then I'll also use my heal amplifier. That kind of thing is good for the game.

Its OK, at best... I wouldn't mind having it, but I wouldn't stomp my feet and start jumping up and down with excitement over it.

Really comes down if you love the character, I wouldn't jump up and down in excitement if I got hanzo wolf skin , which is considered one of the best. Cause I dislike hanzo

ramyeon

So, no GAF groups going on PS4 atm?

Just got POTG twice in a row using D.va. I loved her character but wasn't any good with her at first, feel like I'm really getting the hang of it now.

Apathy

Mei is surprisingly the least stereotypical character on the roster.

As an australian I can say that the Australians in the game are 100% accurate representations.

I knew it, I fucking knew it, no one knows what you guys are really doing down there but i had my hunches

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Just got POTG twice in a row using D.va. I loved her character but wasn't any good with her at first, feel like I'm really getting the hang of it now.

Yes there is! There's one with more than 200 members so far. (Unless you mean party)

Someone in the Google Doc has got to be in the group, so that you can join in.

jackdoe

That feeling when you and two others join a match in progress, on the last stretch of payload, where the other team had absolutely curb stomped your team to the point that half of the team quit, and pulling out a win by going HAM on the other team. I nearly quit when I joined. Glad I didn't as I went 29 and 5.

ramyeon

Yes there is! There's one with more than 200 members so far. (Unless you mean party)

Someone in the Google Doc has got to be in the group, so that you can join in.
So I need to be friends with someone on the doc to join the group? Anyone able to add me?

ID is ramyeon1989

Xevren

Can invite you to the ps4 group chat if you'd like, it's honestly the best way to find people. Just leave your psn if you want in.

Neverfade

Feel like I'm overlooking something obvious... but sometimes teammates on the other side of walls are highlighted blue (or green maybe) and sometimes yellow...what's the difference?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Do people not get EXP penalties anymore or why do so many leave the goddamn game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom