• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it doesn't. I didn't realize the other death was also a Tracer.

Also, if he killed me it would be from his perspective.
Did you step on a mine or something?
The KOTH stage where there's a 300 style hole is best.. knocking and falling in. lucio can just ride around on it. luckily it doesn't count where they can hide there and contest or win the game for the team lol
That's Illios

Pretty fun so far, just picked it up earlier today. Played 16 matches and only lost two. I’m only level seven and the game is throwing me against +30s. My last game on Lijiang control was crazy. We won the first round 100-80 so it was close, but that second round we lost 99-100 lol. Final round it was close again at 100-75. I ended that game with 49 eliminations, so that was a fun match.

Zaventem

Noticing plenty people not keeping their finger on the primary fire button for roadhog when they hook a tracer and she escapes.

RowdyReverb

What is the significance of the fire meter under the health bar? I've noticed it filling when I am consistently playing the objective, but idk what it does when I'm "on fire"

What is the significance of the fire meter under the health bar? I've noticed it filling when I am consistently playing the objective, but idk what it does when I'm "on fire"

Feeling good.

If you're on fire for a large part of the match, you might get a card at the end.

While on fire, your sounds are more prominent to the enemy team. It's a rough measure of who is doing well in a match, and is thus the biggest threat. Fills by gaining points, and is lowered by deaths.

Xeteh

Noticing plenty people not keeping their finger on the primary fire button for roadhog when they hook a tracer and she escapes.

Most times when that happens to me its because they get pulled somewhere I don't expect. Can't tell you how many times I've hooked a Tracer and she ended up behind me.

it's your on fire bar, if you go above the notch about 3/4 along it you are on fire, it slowly ticks down and you fill it with your kills and objective points.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Do people not get EXP penalties anymore or why do so many leave the goddamn game?

I mean... is that really a penalty? If you just don't want to deal with BS or you're frustrated, whatever, you leave and you try to find a game that may be more competitive or you just quit for the night. Getting less XP when all you want to do is play the game and do well, is pretty much not a penalty at all. Nothing of actual value is tied to your XP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm curious, in what way? Controls, visuals, or maybe community?

So far I can only comment on the controls. It's just so much easier to do things with kb/m. It's "freeing" if that makes sense. I was having problems aiming on ps4 but it's a lot easier now.

Firestorm

I'm curious, in what way? Controls, visuals, or maybe community?
My co-worker played on PC then downloaded beta on his XB1 and said the game feels slower paced on console due to turn speed, aim speed, and such. He preferred playing characters like Tracer and Soldier on console who had some mobility options to feel a bit faster lol

pelicansurf

No, it doesn't. I didn't realize the other death was also a Tracer.

Also, if he killed me it would be from his perspective.

It looks like you were boosting forward, but maybe due to lag or the way the game calculates it, your hitbox is already at your "dashed" spot, then when you die, your model just crumples wherever it was in the process of zipping forward.

The world may never know, however.

Speely

Banned
I wanna give 76 a go. Never played him in real games since I feel like he is bland, but his abilities are really balanced and seem useful in a lot of different setups. What do Soldier players concentrate on? He seems equally useful for pushing or defending, so I am curious about how he is used by players who have him in their rotation frequently.

pelicansurf

I wanna give 76 a go. Never played him in real games since I feel like he is bland, but his abilities are really balanced and seem useful in a lot of different setups. What do Soldier players concentrate on? He seems equally useful for pushing or defending, so I am curious about how he is used by players who have him in their rotation frequently.

He's pretty good at both and his specialty is flanking, particularly from a height advantage.Use his alt fire and heal yourself when needed. His ult is pretty nuts.

Soldier's midrange abilities are among the best in the game. He melts people at ranges that others are useless, and his ult can clear out a crowd very quickly. Plus he's incredibly adaptable, due to his speed, healing, and missles.

Very balanced hero--and surprisingly fun, too.

That's some deep lore behind D.va. Makes me wish Titan happened.
So far I can only comment on the controls. It's just so much easier to do things with kb/m. It's "freeing" if that makes sense. I was having problems aiming on ps4 but it's a lot easier now.

My co-worker played on PC then downloaded beta on his XB1 and said the game feels slower paced on console due to turn speed, aim speed, and such. He preferred playing characters like Tracer and Soldier on console who had some mobility options to feel a bit faster lol

Mouse aiming makes the game's pace considerably faster.

Ah, I see.

I've always been wondering how characters like Tracer work on console vs. PC. This clears up a lot.

ElyrionX

Went on a 14-0 stomp with Tracer yesterday. I really like the character but it's so much harder to make an impact with her than someone like Soldier 76. What are the best situations or maps to be using her?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone know what Mercy's weapon looks like when she's in Valkyrie skin?

I want to see it before I drop 1k gold on it, thanks!

He's super versatile, you can take him anywhere.

Gator86

Went on a 14-0 stomp with Tracer yesterday. I really like the character but it's so much harder to make an impact with her than someone like Soldier 76. What are the best situations or maps to be using her?

Hang around the back of the team. Mentally, it completely breaks randoms. They just melt down entirely for the most part. Reinhardts are the worst. They drop their shield and run off chasing her, effectively killing the entire team immediately.

Gryph

And the losses continue... Honestly, I'm not sure how there's anything lower for the matchmaking system to put me up against...

After losing this many games, I can only imagine that my opponents are dogs with PS4 controllers in their mouths...

Still losing...

ElyrionX

Hang around the back of the team. Mentally, it completely breaks randoms. They just melt down entirely for the most part. Reinhardts are the worst. They drop their shield and run off chasing her, effectively killing the entire team immediately.

I do this all the time but even if I keep someone like a Widow occupied for a period of time, it does not feel like it is helping my team much.

I'm feeling like Genji is a bad choice on the final point when they have a Torbjorn. Same problem as Scout in TF2. You can't go behind them, and Torbjorn will instantly build a new turret even if you destroy it. Severely hampers Genji's mobility so there's no point to sticking with him.

Soldier's midrange abilities are among the best in the game. He melts people at ranges that others are useless, and his ult can clear out a crowd very quickly. Plus he's incredibly adaptable, due to his speed, healing, and missles.

Very balanced hero--and surprisingly fun, too.

That's some deep lore behind D.va. Makes me wish Titan happened.

Ah, I see.

I've always been wondering how characters like Tracer work on console vs. PC. This clears up a lot.

Really hope we get some story/coop mode diving into the lore in the future

This game is already dead on PS4, I keep getting matched with the same 20 or so people over and over again and it's been like that for a few days. Nobody must play this anymore

ElyrionX

I'm feeling like Genji is a bad choice on the final point when they have a Torbjorn. Same problem as Scout in TF2. You can't go behind them, and Torbjorn will instantly build a new turret even if you destroy it. Severely hampers Genji's mobility so there's no point to sticking with him.

This is my problem with Tracer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom