• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Played Mei, got opposition mad at me. Accomplished the most important thing of all.

e9A8NDv.png

Do you hurt animals for fun IRL?

Frimaire

You shouldn't be able to use abilities in Zarya's ult...they can just completely negate it when you land one on the whole team.

I kind of agree with this...
I mean, the ult barely does any damage, so its only purpose is to group up the enemy team.
That's kinda ruined when half the enemy team can just get out of it.
On the other hand, it makes sense that it can be countered with Lucio or Zenyatta's ultimate abilities.
Maybe just make it harder to get out of?

MartyStu

You know what is amazing?

Being Lucio and holding a point so fucking hard that even at a loss I got props from the opposing team for being essentially untouchable.

THAT is why I play this game.

pigeon

Banned
Why do people act like Tracer's ult is a good response to turrets? 95% of the time, wasting an ult on a turret that's coming back up in 10 seconds is a total waste. Unless that turret going down is for sure helping you take that point, you may as well throw your mine off a cliff.

It's because Tracer has literally no other way to deal with Torb. His turret hard counters her by not giving a shit about dashing around.

If you must destroy the turret yourself I would just switch characters.

Feel like the in game community has taken a nose dive today. Normally I'll run into one or two foul mouthed idiots a session, but tonight it was match after match of them. Was looking forward to playing for most of the night, but after two or three games I had to stop because it was just no fun to see that in the chat stream.

(Yes, I know I can turn off global chat, but that seems to defeat the point of a team game since no one uses voice chat reliably)

Hope it was just an off night. If I have to group up all the time to avoid this shit my playtime is going to significantly drop off as half the joy of Overwatch for me is that quick jump in play a few games and jump out play style.

I'm glad a decent number of people have had no trouble with the community but I seem to be a magnet for these toxic angsty tryhard types of people despite the fact that I never use text or voice chat, only the quick C key commands like "ultimate status" and "acknowledged".

I can't wait for ranked play to come out because the douchey tryhard types will all flock to it and us casuals will be able to enjoy Quick Play in peace.

I'm just extremely used to toxic behavior by now, I just ignore it. Sometimes I report it. Just don't engage. Sometimes I do, but usually when it's less toxic. Definitely don't bother engaging with very toxic players. I see people do that and I just wonder what they are trying to accomplish. The very toxic players want the drama and attention. Had one guy in beta calling everyone libertards hiding in their safe space (around the time they said they'd change tracer's pose lol). People kept engaging him when they should have just ignored him after reporting.

Blizzard does silence people btw. People were complaining in beta about getting silenced on the official forums.

Toblerone's pistole does way too much damage.

Systematically destroying an offensive push as Mini-McCree is the most rewarding feeling. I constantly forget he has a shotgun alt-fire, so good vs tanks

Also no guys, a good torb should not be right next to his turret, unless hes upgrading it to lvl 2

Why do people act like Tracer's ult is a good response to turrets? 95% of the time, wasting an ult on a turret that's coming back up in 10 seconds is a total waste. Unless that turret going down is for sure helping you take that point, you may as well throw your mine off a cliff.

Lets be honest thats what most of us are doing with Tracers ult :p

I have the hardest time landing that thing on a worthwhile enemy (I mostly play tracer on koth, so typically no bastions to wreck)

Rad-

I started playing Mercy and holy crap does her ult charge fast. Feels a tad too fast even considering it's one of the best ones in the game but okay.

Baliis

I tried a few things to counter, but with randoms it's impossible to coordinate a counter. They basically all backed into corners around the control point while Mercy ran around healing them all

D.Vas backed up by like pharah or soldier 76 would prob work but yea youd have to work out a shield rotation to make it happen

Squire

Banned
How is this possible? It's only been what 8 days right?

Yeah, but unlike most leveling systems, your XP requirements in Overwatch don't exponentially increase anymore after level 22. You could definitely hit 100 in a week playing constantly.

I started playing Mercy and holy crap does her ult charge fast. Feels a tad too fast even considering it's one of the best ones in the game but okay.

Yeah, it's meant to be one of the more usable ults. Resing even one ally could be just what the team needs to keep their push from falling apart. There's no point in trying to wait for the whole time to wipe because I f you're on a great team, that probably won't even happen. Even if it does, you probably have your ult again at that point just given the charge time. I usually use it to res 1-2 people.

Blues1990

I think what was the most confusing match I ever had, was everyone (except myself) were all playing as Tracer. You can't imagine how confusing it was with dozens of Tracers time zipping across the stage like it was their damn birthright.

tw1164

I started playing as Winston a lot more, and I think he's my new favorite. I found out the hard way that McCree's flashbang work from behind. In hindsight, I don't know why I would anything different.There is nothing better then getting flanked and flashbanged from behind.

I think they need to look at the speed that Bastion can rotate his turret while in sentry mode. It's a pain in the ass to put up my shield then start attacking him because he can spin around so fast. Winston isn't able to run around him fast enough to avoid getting shot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think 76 and skill are meant to be in the same sentence.

Yep, he's extremely easy to play and do well with. One of the lowest skill ceilings in the game IMO. He's relaxing to play as a result so I do enjoy him.

Lets be honest thats what most of us are doing with Tracers ult :p

I have the hardest time landing that thing on a worthwhile enemy (I mostly play tracer on koth, so typically no bastions to wreck)

Unless there's a great distraction you should be sneaking up on people, sticking them and running/recall away.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I started playing as Winston a lot more, and I think he's my new favorite. I found out the hard way that McCree's flashbang work from behind. In hindsight, I don't know why I would anything different.There is nothing better then getting flanked and flashbanged from behind.

I think they need to look at the speed that Bastion can rotate his turret while in sentry mode. It's a pain in the ass to put up my shield then start attacking him because he can spin around so fast. Winston isn't able to run around him fast enough to avoid getting shot.

Bastion is one of Winston's biggest counters

RowdyReverb

I had to learn that too. It's different from most games' implementation of flash bangs. You just peg enemies with it rather than tossing it in a room with them.
I was thinking they should add a wind-up period to the turret, just so there's slightly more time to respond

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nah, there needs to be a counter for people who just go do double Winston's on capture maps.

DrArchon

Played a match against 5 Torbjorns on Numbani a few minutes ago. That was a real treat. Couple of things I learned:

-Pharah does in fact work great against turrets if you're comfortable with running back to get health pickups after blowing one up. You kinda have to kill Torb along with the turret though or he'll just make another one right there. Her ult is still garbage though with that many turrets, because one of them will focus fire you out of the sky while you're killing another.

-Molten Core is fucking busted. Makes the turret effectively invulnernable and makes Torb just as good at killing people if his aim is good. When it turns on, you basically can't go near the objective for 10 whole seconds, and with 5 Torbs it meant that it was rarely never on. That's the only reason we lost, because every time we tried to push someone turned on Molten Core and pushed everyone back.

-Numbani is a shitty map for Torb because there are so many wide open spaces where you can get LoS on him and the turret without either knowing. 2 Widowmakers on my team just went ham. Pity they couldn't get near enough to push the objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom