• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mei is pretty annoying mostly because she is a pest that is hard to kill. It does make it pretty satisfying when you finally get her though. I like to toss a junkrat trap next to the ice block and hope she stumbles into it when she gets out. It's hilarious to see her stuck there while her get out jail free card is on cooldown.

She's a close ranged defender with low health and no mobility. She needs the ice block to sustain, or she needs a mobility tool.

As always this games audio design is really good, and you can hear the ice block unthawing. I consistently land an instant-hook or instant-stun on Mei the moment she gets out, killing her pretty quickly.

I cant tell if this is a joke on our current attention deficit generation that cant go 2 seconds without looking at their phone or not

I agree the afk timer is fine, you have more than enough time between maps to do stuff. Unless you want to increase respawn time from 5 seconds to a minute so people can look at their phones between deaths.

Seriously never understood why it's so hard for people to stay focused.

Astral

Man I'm no good with any attacker lol. I can't aim with Pharrah or Genji, I die too often as Tracer, Soldier bores me, McCree is boring, and Reaper is just completely unlikable to me. Pharrah's probably my favorite but I just can't aim half the time with her. It really sucks in situations where my team is sticking on the defensive way too long and we're losing because of it.

I allllways see Lucios, but rarely Zarya unless I'm playing her. I think she is my favorite to play though. Grav well + 100% cannon is the best.

i kept thinking nobody played Lucio (because i never see anyone pick him) despite seeing the above. then i realized it's because i'm playing Lucio. i'm the problem.

Oh yeah saw my first Zenyatta potg. He even had the Harmony and Discord Highlight intro which looked cool.

The play itself was just taking down two enemies lol.

eek5

Devs want the stun to stop ults though, they said this. Why do people complain about stun but not junkrat traps either? My friend was cussing out about junkrat all evening last night.

You can see steel traps and destroy them as well as just not stepping into them to begin with since it isn't an AOE attack .When you're trapped you can still use your abilities. I'm guessing killing them charges your ult as well.

Not really even in the same boat as the flashbang

It was a payload match and she'd come up with barrier and poke us then fall back and shield her teammates that would go up and poke. It was brutal. IDK how many kills she had but it felt like she was fully charged up and always had her alt. She was just destroying us non stop.

she combo'd her ult with another hero's alt a couple of times and more or less team wiped us.

That sounds like your team was just unloading into her shields at all times, which is probably why she was dominating you. She is scary at full charge, that's why they have her glow red when she is.

Zeliard

Why isn't this an option for everyone though.

My only guess is they figure it would clutter the screen too much for heroes who don't need to heal or shield teammates in the conventional sense, even as something optional.

Having said that, I really wish it was an option for everyone. I would certainly turn it on globally.

vixlar

I always appreciate it when people take the time to communicate. Unless I'm in a group I usually leave the mic off as I'd rather hear the game through my surround set rather than my headset since I don't have a desktop mic.

You can set your headset as communication in windows sound settings. And in overwatch sound settings, you can set the voice to communication. That way you can hear the glorious sound on your surround and the peasant voices in your headset.

vypek

Opposite direction that Symmetra is facing when it's placed.

Helps prevent people from trolling and teleporting teammates off of cliffs I assume

It probably helps but there are certainly people already doing it. There is a YT video of something very carefully walking edges to set the teleporter down on edges so there is no hope once you walk though

Kyoufu

Widowmaker's ultimate is probably the most broken in the game. Wall hack without the enemy team knowing their position has been compromised? Yep, overpowered.

They need to let the other team know through an audio cue of some sort that they have nowhere to hide. I mean, literally every other ultimate in the game has audio cues. Teleporter? Teammates will let you know there is one and if they find it too.

Trey

You feel compelled to put a shield on a teammate or yourself as a precautionary thing, but they last for so little time they may well be gone when you start getting hit by stuff. It's often a good idea to put a shield on a teammate who is actively being shot at, but being predictive is also good if you know they're about to take some damage.

You also don't want to shield stuff constantly because you don't want them to be on cooldown when a critical moment arrives; at the same time you don't want to use them too sparingly because you want to keep your energy up and, well, preventing damage is rarely bad (the only exception to this would be getting your healer's ult charge up, but that's highly situational and risky).

this is the best thing about Zarya. That balancing between saving a shield for a critical moment, and keeping your charge up.

Very well designed character.

LiK

Widowmaker's ultimate is probably the most broken in the game. Wall hack without the enemy team knowing their position has been compromised? Yep, overpowered.

They need to let the other team know through an audio cue of some sort that they have nowhere to hide. I mean, literally every other ultimate in the game has audio cues. Teleporter? Teammates will let you know there is one and if they find it too.

This needs to happen. Need an audio cue for when wall hacks happen.

Anyone know which direction you come out of the teleporter? The number of time I've come out facing a wall is nuts

Lol glad it's not just me when i play her... i feel horrible as i see my squadmates stuck in a fucking corner or behind a desk or something jumping, blind as shit for a few seconds lol.

Wallhack has an audio queue, it is very quiet and not global though. I do think its pretty broken, not sure why the entire team needs it.

Always call out wallhack to your team, it saves lives.

matmanx1

Because of the character selection process, I feel like I'm forced to play either a heavy or support character in 90% of the matches I play. Here's how it usually goes down.

Person 1 immediately picks Hanzo. This always happens.
Person 2 picks Reaper.
I pick McCree or Tracer.
Person 3 picks Tracer or McCree.
The two other guys don't pick anyone until the timer runs out.
I switch to Lucio because duh we need a healer.
Person 4 picks Soldier 76 or Torbjorn.
Person 5 picks Junkrat or D.Va.

I'd say this happens in at least 80% of my matches. I'm ALWAYS stuck playing a heavy (usually Reinhardt or Roadhog -- at least he's fun) or support character.

This is my Overwatch life also but most of the time I don't even mind. I even had a pretty decent game playing as Reinhardt last night, so I'm startging to learn the tank and support roles.

Ok, everyone and I mean EVERYONE should watch those. Really great videos, short but excellent content.

And on another note, I think I've spent over an hour of my playtime just fiddling with options in the Hero Gallery. I like switching out my sprays, emotes, voice lines, etc and really customizing each character. Anyone else do this?

Rad-

There is audio. She just says it quietly. A trick is to use it in or near your own spawn so no enemy will hear it.

I agree that they do need a call-out, even if it's similar to the portal one for Symmetra's. RE: the above post, it should be map-wide if that's the case. You can hear Junkrat's tire from anywhere basically.

aeolist

Banned
Wallhack has an audio queue, it is very quiet and not global though. I do think its pretty broken, not sure why the entire team needs it.

Always call out wallhack to your team, it saves lives.

yeah that's definitely one of the nerfs she needs.

they need to lower her smg damage by a lot too, i got soloed close range by an unscoped widow as winston multiple times last night. when she's not sniping it should be a peashooter.

Ivan 3414

Bummer that people are afraid of trying Zarya, either due to her intimidating physical appearance, her hairstyle, or her tough learning curve. Zarya is a challenging Tank to play, though she's one of the most rewarding when played well. Yeah, she's the softest of the tanks & the shield only provides a short-duration, but this mountain of Russian muscle is able to cleave through teams.

Id be more willing to play Zarya if she didn't have such a shitty design. I'm not afraid of playing as her but the mix of "gruff Russian" stereotype and ugly ass hairstyle is a no-go for me. It's too bad; I actually applaud Blizzard's decision for adding someone of her physique to the game.

I agree that they do need a call-out, even if it's similar to the portal one for Symmetra's. RE: the above post, it should be map-wide if that's the case. You can hear Junkrat's tire from anywhere basically.

Even Call of Duty's UAVs have call out warnings.
A simple "Enemy Recon detected" from Athena would be good.

What people do you most dislike/like seeing on your team? Besides Lucio and Mercy.

Dislike - D.Va, Mei, Zenyatta as only heals
Like - Zarya, Symettra, Reinhardt

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just watched Seagull dismantle an enemy team on stream as Genji. Went 36 and 1. They weren't even making it 50m out of spawn before getting killed. Of course he had a pocket healer but still.

Was like watching the Matrix or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Id be more willing to play Zarya if she didn't have such a shitty design. I'm not afraid of playing as her but the mix of "gruff Russian" stereotype and ugly ass hairstyle is a no-go for me. It's too bad; I actually applaud Blizzard's decision for adding someone of her physique to the game.

If only this game was in first person

Anyone else get an email survey from Blizzard today?

I went through it. No exciting info or hints of things to come.

Hi Lamonster,

Blizzard Entertainment is constantly listening to its players to improve our games. We would like to hear about some of your experiences with Overwatch.

Please take this quick survey which should only take about 10 minutes. We value your feedback in helping us understand our players better.

TAKE THE SURVEY »

As a reminder, our surveys will never ask for your email address or password.

Now is your chance to help us make a better game. Thank you!

Lesath

What people do you most dislike/like seeing on your team? Besides Lucio and Mercy.

Dislike - D.Va, Mei, Zenyatta as only heals
Like - Zarya, Symettra, Reinhardt

I get worried only when there are double snipers or there are too many flankers on attack with a payload map. Also, Symmetra or Torbjorn on offense, but I've seen some people make it work (against me and my team).

I just bought 24 loot boxes, man thats digital crack.

Its also some achievement seeing as I never got on with the beta and Destiny/Bungie didn't get one penny from me for silver

Xeteh

I just bought 24 loot boxes, man thats digital crack.

Its also some achievement seeing as I never got on with the beta and Destiny/Bungie didn't get one penny from me for silver

Man, I bought 24 yesterday and I immediately realized its a good thing I don't have a ton of money to spend on random shit because opening those lootboxes is so fucking addicting.

Opened some boxes and got two Legendary drops. One was Jester Junkrat and the other was tons of coins which I ended up using to buy Firefighter Mei. Things are starting to look up...maybe.

aeolist

Banned
Cj9qV8TWsAAbN2D.jpg:large

LiK

Man, I bought 24 yesterday and I immediately realized its a good thing I don't have a ton of money to spend on random shit because opening those lootboxes is so fucking addicting.

I did this last night. Got one legendary. I hate myself but I'm enjoying the game.

Just did my first bullet deflect kill on Bastion, i've got say it feels fucking great.
Wait till you reflect back sniper shots to one shot Widows.

Genji is super fun one he clicks. I had a great attacking match on Hollywood with him last night where I went 21-2 and got POTG and we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom