• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

A big change for me would be increasing the AFK kick timer from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

Or at least instead of booting me from the game and group, just boot me from the game and throw me on spectator mode so I can sick with my group.

Yea the AFK timer is way harsh. I can barely send a tweet or message after being killed.

Zaph

So the coolest thing just happened. I was playing as Mercy and Reinhardt did his charge/pin thing which is like 100% lethal even with full HP. As he was mid charge Zarya barriered me and I survived.

I wish there was a way to watch a replay, absolutely incredible timing and awareness from that player.

Just an outstanding game. But I don't know how many more nights of 5hr sleep I can do.

Trace

Banned
All these wild claims of Mccree downing tanks with one Fan is just fairy tales. Can you show me a video where Mccree kills full hp tank with armor from one fan? Heck is there even any video evidence of Mcree taking out tanks with no armor but full hp with one fan?

IIRC Fan The Hammer does 60 damage per shot compared to the normal 70. So 6 shots to the body will do 360, not enough to kill any of the tanks. If you start including headshots it's theoretically possible, but getting some sort of multiple FtH headshot play is extremely unlikely.

Baliis

IIRC Fan The Hammer does 60 damage per shot compared to the normal 70. So 6 shots to the body will do 360, not enough to kill any of the tanks. If you start including headshots it's theoretically possible, but getting some sort of multiple FtH headshot play is extremely unlikely.

FtH doesn't head shot, but after the fan you can roll and immediately fan again, which is enough to kill any one except an ulted Winston basically

They should take away ice block entirely. Buff her some other way to compensate, whatever. But the ice is insane. It's infuriating. She can lose every single 1v1 badly and still get away because she just taps a button to ice herself (and it's got server priority), and then a team fight breaks out and she scampers away.

It's Halo: Reach and Armor Lock all over again. You lost. Just die. Die like any decent human creature would. You dead-eyed, left-mouse-holding, insufferable little ice witch.

Blues1990

I do my job.

Mei is awesome and someone in EUgaf just now in a game placed a amazing wall blocking off Mcree ult and we won the game.

She is truly the bae-est

Well, it's good to know that not everyone hates the chubby Climatologist just for the hell of it.

How is mei boring? Shes got such a high skill cap, there's so much you can do with walls and freeing yourself. All depending on your team composition, the enemy's and the map.

I agree. Like with the other heroes in Overwatch, they all have a role to play and they aren't invincible. You just have to know their strengths and weaknesses and adapt accordingly. For instance, whenever I play as Lucio, Reaper and McDumpling are like putty in my hands, but I always struggle with Zarya or any of the faster Offense characters. Tracer is the bane of my existence, for instance.

Regardless, I either change to a different hero, or learn to adapt to her time jumpin' tricks!

All these wild claims of Mccree downing tanks with one Fan is just fairy tales. Can you show me a video where Mccree kills full hp tank with armor from one fan? Heck is there even any video evidence of Mcree taking out tanks with no armor but full hp with one fan?

Well he does do up to 420 damage from fan. That is a lot of burst damage in itself. And Zarya has 400hp.

I don't think anyone is claiming the problem is downing a tank from full hp from a single fan, but being able to do 420 damage, instant reload, and another 420.

Ken

That's why Reinhardt needs situational awareness just as much as his teammates. There's no reason to be on the front lines with your shield up if you don't have a team there to actually take advantage of it. You're just going to get your shield popped and it won't be there when you actually need it.

If I notice I don't have people behind me most of the time while playing Reinhardt I'll usually just switch off to Roadhog or something. Reinhardt shielding no one is dead pick, which happens pretty frequently in QM.

Brohan

This has been an awful overwatch Day for me. I'm losing like 70% of the matches im playing today. Keep getting grouped up with people that either can't play or are doing everything but play for the objective.

Like one game i actually ended with a gold medal for eliminations on mercy and i only had 5 kills.

Don't know what to do but it's ruining my fun.

Zeliard

So the coolest thing just happened. I was playing as Mercy and Reinhardt did his charge/pin thing which is like 100% lethal even with full HP. As he was mid charge Zarya barriered me and I survived.

I wish there was a way to watch a reply, absolutely incredible timing and awareness from that player.

Just an outstanding game. But I don't know how many more nights of 5hr sleep I can do.

Zarya is so great, man. I wish people would talk about her playstyle more. Shielding teammates at the perfect time is a wonderful feeling - getting them off on a player right before or after a Roadhog hook, protecting your ulting McCrees and Pharahs, saving someone from a Rein charge, saving both yourself and another from Junkrat's tire, etc - and at max energy she just melts targets.

Speaking of Junkrat's tire, I think some people may not realize that about Zarya's shields - they prevent overkill damage. Anything that would have hit you for automatic lethal damage just won't kill you if you have that shield up. That's why she can protect people from stuff like Junkrat's ult and Reinhardt's charge. Very often if I think my team won't get to the tire in time, I'll just try to intercept and tank it with my self-barrier.

Really good mix of survivability, damage, and strong utility to your team through her barriers and A+ ult. She's just so good.

She's also both my most-played and highest winrate hero. The natural leadership postion tanks take combined with how great Zarya is at saving both herself and others from lethal damage means she's probably one of the best solo-queue heroes.

Zarya is so great, man. I wish people would talk about her playstyle more. Shielding teammates at the perfect time is a wonderful feeling - getting them off on a player right before or after a Roadhog hook, protecting your ulting McCrees and Pharahs, saving someone from a Rein charge, saving both yourself and another from Junkrat's tire, etc - and at max energy she just melts targets.

Speaking of Junkrat's tire, I think some people may not realize that about Zarya's shields - they prevent overkill damage. Anything that would have hit you for automatic lethal damage just won't kill you if you have that shield up. That's why she can protect people from stuff like Junkrat's ult and Reinhardt's charge. Very often if I think my team won't get to the tire in team, I'll just try to intercept and tank it with my self-barrier.

Really good mix of survivability, damage, and strong utility to your team through her barriers and A+ ult. She's just so good.

She's also my both my most-played and highest winrate hero. The natural leadership postion tanks take combined with how great Zarya is at saving both herself and others from lethal damage means she's probably one of the best solo-queue heroes.

Wait, so does Zarya's shield make herself and/or teammates invulnerable for a few seconds? Or can you break the shield with enough damage?

So, there's some weird behind-the-scenes rubberbanding when to comes to KOTH overtime, right? To many games are 99%/0%, then have crazy comebacks by the losing team.

They should take away ice block entirely. Buff her some other way to compensate, whatever. But the ice is insane. It's infuriating. She can lose every single 1v1 badly and still get away because she just taps a button to ice herself (and it's got server priority), and then a team fight breaks out and she scampers away.

It's Halo: Reach and Armor Lock all over again. You lost. Just die. Die like any decent human creature would. You dead-eyed, left-mouse-holding, insufferable little ice witch.

Junkrat trap and mine her. Trap triggers and blow the mine. Buh Bye Mei. You don't even have to babysit it.

R0ckman

You can but there are situations where it would be suicide to just run in with McCree and flashbang the Reinhardt. It depends on how much the Rein has his team backing him up. If you're in a general mid-range team fight with both teams taking shots back and forth, it's very useful for McCree to just FTH Reinhardt's shield. He can do it safely and that shield won't last very long.

There was a situation where my team was whining because I was not doing that as McCree but what I was doing (using him as he was intended to be used) was putting me on fire a lot during the match. Decided to come up to the Rein and his payload crew, they all got off the payload and hunted me down.

Zeliard

Wait, so does Zarya's shield make herself and/or teammates invulnerable for a few seconds? Or can you break the shield with enough damage?

It breaks with enough damage (200 for yourself and 400 for teammates) but will completely prevent any singular lethal attack as long as it's still up.

Ken

It breaks with enough damage, but it protects from overkill if it's a single hit like rip tire but not ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau since the latter is multiple.

As for Zarya, I think she's pretty hard to use and her skins kind of stink so I haven't used her too much. Also don't really like playing her without a second tank.

Interesting spin on kayle/tyrael ult though.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

I did this mostly as a joke but...

I hate playing against Mei too.

eek5

2 seconds or 200 damage but you should not shoot it (every 5 dmg = 3% increase on particle cannon dmg)

teammate one is 2 seconds / 400 dmg

This has been an awful overwatch Day for me. I'm losing like 70% of the matches im playing today. Keep getting grouped up with people that either can't play or are doing everything but play for the objective.

Like one game i actually ended with a gold medal for eliminations on mercy and i only had 5 kills.

Don't know what to do but it's ruining my fun.

I've had gold with 3 and 4.
I think when this happens it's because the rest of your team have left towards the end of the match.

I hate McCree players who whine about Mei

IIRC Fan The Hammer
does 60 damage per shot compared to the normal 70. So 6 shots to the body will do 360, not enough to kill any of the tanks. If you start including headshots it's theoretically possible, but getting some sort of multiple FtH headshot play is extremely unlikely.

AFAIK FtH is 70 per bullet and doesn't benefit from double damage from headshots.

Thanks guys. So yeah, sounds like it's best to wait it out and dodge rather than shoot (unless you're at a distance). Love playing Zarya. Really underrated at this point.

Actual

If I notice I don't have people behind me most of the time while playing Reinhardt I'll usually just switch off to Roadhog or something. Reinhardt shielding no one is dead pick, which happens pretty frequently in QM.

Do you communicate with your team? I find that very often, random pub groups are begging for someone to lead them, they just don't know it yet. I'll often rally my team by keeping up the voice chat and making it clear that I'm there for them. It works more often than you might think.

Blues1990

Thanks guys. So yeah, sounds like it's best to wait it out and dodge rather than shoot (unless you're at a distance). Love playing Zarya. Really underrated at this point.

Yeah, both Zarya and Lucio are definitely the most underrated heroes of the cast. You'd think people would be down with playing as Lucio, as he's basically Jet Set Radio: The Character.

Ken

Do you communicate with your team? I find that very often, random pub groups are begging for someone to lead them, they just don't know it yet. I'll often rally my team by keeping up the voice chat and making it clear that I'm there for them. It works more often than you might think.

Doesn't work when your entire offense is flankers.

eek5

Speaking of Junkrat's tire, I think some people may not realize that about Zarya's shields - they prevent overkill damage. Anything that would have hit you for automatic lethal damage just won't kill you if you have that shield up. That's why she can protect people from stuff like Junkrat's ult and Reinhardt's charge. Very often if I think my team won't get to the tire in time, I'll just try to intercept and tank it with my self-barrier.

She's also both my most-played and highest winrate hero. The natural leadership postion tanks take combined with how great Zarya is at saving both herself and others from lethal damage means she's probably one of the best solo-queue heroes.

Zarya looks so fun but I'm terribad so whenever I use her I do basically nothing lol. We played a really good one yesterday that was always fully charged and protecting teammates non-stop and she just destroyed us. Never seemed like we could kill her. It was really annoying. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom