• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoT2

Pharah isn't a counter to McCree at most she is a check and you could say they oposite too to an extent. How can't you hit slow flying Pharah with a hitscan weapon?

Definitly don't agree with mccree being countered by pharah, I have a really good left click and pharahs don't seem to have a chance..

kagamin

Blizzard laying down the ban hammer on cheaters! Down with the cheaters! Even banning them after they bought a new copy lol.

Has anyone come across cheating in overwatch?

Uh nope, unless that twitchy enemy Hanzo that hit tons of good shots but never pushed the objective when it mattered was hacking, I doubt I have.

JTripper

Probably fixed.

Half correct. I gunned two reapers down while in ult mode.

but my turret probably damaged them while I delivered the final blow.

Edit: got another play of the game in my second game as him and clutched a KotH win when the other team got locked at 99% and we caught up and took it.

Toblerone da gawd.

nOoblet16

There should be a lady gorilla, like Donkey Kong in drag. A quirky inventor ape lady who's inventions are always blowing up in her face.

She could be like Amy Rose to Winston's Sonic, right? Like, she could be all like "Winston Senpai" and he would be all "eugh, get away from me. You're such a dummy and weird." but then she would use her superior intellect to build a banana gun and her up smash could be like Wario's fart except a poop canon or something. Then Winston would be like "sorry bb, I misjudged you" but then she'd be like "You made me realize that I'm into omnics". Do omnics have genders? I don't think they should. Her and Winston would always have this awkward tension thing going on during that safe room banter. She could have all sorts of saucy lines like "Don't make me go banana's on you", "Did you just call me a monkey?" or "And they said my invention would never work, HMPH!"

Yeah, that'd be sick.
E3SOupc.gif

Ertai

Fuck Torbjörn and his goddamn turret, especially when the enemy team has multiple of them on defense. Tired of that shit

kyle-777-

Definitly don't agree with mccree being countered by pharah, I have a really good left click and pharahs don't seem to have a chance..

That's how I feel most of the times, ofc Pharah may catch a McCree that is not aware of her, but IMO it's an even match, they both can kill each other with some easy.

Dad

I watched a McCree get a perfectly accurate FTH on a Pharah that was quite a ways off during a POTG earlier and it was just the most horrifying shit

R0ckman

Pharah isn't a counter to McCree at most she is a check and you could say they oposite too to an extent. How can't you hit slow flying Pharah with a hitscan weapon?

Don't always use her to hover in the air mindlessly? I typically don't do it for long because it calls too much attention to you. I perch shoot to kill fly off when I'm detected. And only stay in the air when enemies are not aware of me.

Apathy

Play Pharah? Most McCrees are actually terrible with left click/regular shot. I wont engage a Pharah directly with McCree and I'm pretty good with regular shots.

I need to play my Egyptain queen more to be honest.

The only thing a mccree has to do to counter a pharah is look up. if the mccree can't do that, then yeah they are terrible

no. that's the god damn problem. I pick damage, let the timer expire, and we're in the lobby with no heal and/or tank. So then I pick heal or tank. probably 80% of the games I'm in. I WANT to play more damage, like ANY CHANCE I GET I play damage, yet 80% of my time played it tank or support.

Think about that.. I let the timer expire to the lobby.. and in 80% of the games I'm in I have to pick either tank or support in the staging area because the team didn't already fill those roles.

You gotta stop or you will never get to play a different class. I was doing this too and I was stuck playing Lucio and Reinhardt every match. Now I play who I want and change up depending on the other team/ situation. I may change characters 4-5 times a match to counter specific players or scenarios.

DoT2

I watched a McCree get a perfectly accurate FTH on a Pharah that was quite a ways off during a POTG earlier and it was just the most horrifying shit

Lol! That Pharah was probably like "fml", seriously, fan the hammer too stronk.

TFW you can't convert a stellar performance into a win. I'm not sure how people don't get this. If a tank goes in, kills three people and gets a foothold on the point, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JOIN THEM.

That's definitely frustrating.

The same goes for backdooring as Tracer. Hey! I just pulled every enemy's attention! Why are you not advancing? I don't even expect you to be shooting them in the back! Just get a fucking foot through that arch in Anubus! One foot!

Baliis

Idk if it's been posted yet, but there's a post on Reddit showing that Genji can reflect Soldier 76s heal rofl, that's amazing.

SEE THAT ANGEL/DEVIL/VIKING IN THE BACK?

KILL HER FIRST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I wonder if I should just spend a week being That Guy who picks widowmaker every match just to get practice in picking off healers.

Been starting to face some teams that realize they need to kill the thing with wings before everything else.

DoT2

Fuck Torbjörn and his goddamn turret, especially when the enemy team has multiple of them on defense. Tired of that shit

I agree with this post, its not that I think its overpowered, it's just not fun to play against at all.

kyle-777-

Don't always use her to hover in the air mindlessly? I typically don't do it for long because it calls too much attention to you. I perch shoot to kill fly off when I'm detected. And only stay in the air when enemies are not aware of me.

I am sorry but in my opinion you shouldn't stay for long on the ground where you are a sitting duck and if you do you are a bad Pharah (ofc you shoudn't just hover 5 feet from the ground), if you have a good fuel management you can keep yourself on a good height for 70 ~ 80% of the time. A lot of characters can kill you with easy when you are on the ground, the same can't be said when you are flying.

Xeteh

Some guy named xEnishi was pissed that his team lost on Ilios the match before that he said he's going to icewall in his team next match... well most of his team left but he still did it anyways so I got a free loss on Dorado because we played 5v6 and whoever had to wait on his stupid walls.

People legit blow my mind on how childish they can be.

R0ckman

I am sorry but in my opinion you shouldn't stay for long on the ground where you are a sitting duck and if you do you are a bad Pharah (ofc you shoudn't just hover 5 feet from the ground), if you have a good fuel management you can keep yourself on a good height for 70 ~ 80% of the time. A lot of characters can kill you with easy when you are on the ground, the same can't be said when you are flying.

I see her dropping from the sky much more than dieng on the ground when I'm playing. When she's in the air long, she is a 200 HP character saying to everyone "Please shoot me!".

DoT2

Some guy named xEnishi was pissed that his team lost on Ilios the match before that he said he's going to icewall in his team next match... well most of his team left but he still did it anyways so I got a free loss on Dorado because we played 4v5 and whoever had to wait on his stupid walls.

Funny thing is, he probably was a child.

Baliis

Depends on the match up really and what map you're on really. Staying in the air makes your an easy target for snipers and McCree/soldier. If you have a Reinhardt or something on the ground it can be smarter to stay with him and take shots from behind the shield.

Canucked

Some guy named xEnishi was pissed that his team lost on Ilios the match before that he said he's going to icewall in his team next match... well most of his team left but he still did it anyways so I got a free loss on Dorado because we played 5v6 and whoever had to wait on his stupid walls.

jesus...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lmao i just got POTG with Lucio for just pushing Zarya off the roof.

Zaventem

I feel you have to be selfish sometimes. I already knew we were going to lose the KOTH map because nobody locked in lucio but I have 9 hours on him and 6 on mercy, than more than most people who scream pick a healer.

DoT2

I don't doubt it, I just don't get it. Does he do that after each match he loses? How would he even have fun playing the game? It makes zero sense.

I guess people like him find joy in ruining other peoples games. Sad world..

DoT2

I wonder what this game would be like, if you can only have 1 of each hero on a team. Doesn't really make sense to me that you can have more then 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom