• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle-777-

I see her dropping from the sky much more than dieng on the ground when I'm playing. When she's in the air long, she is a 200 HP character saying to everyone "Please shoot me!".

Depends on the match up really and what map you're on really. Staying in the air makes your an easy target for snipers and McCree/soldier. If you have a Reinhardt or something on the ground it can be smarter to stay with him and take shots from behind the shield.

Yes there are sutuations where you should stay on the ground like when you are being targeted by a Hanzo or Widow.

When you are on the ground you are a easy kill for: almost every hero, especially flankers and over that you risky hitting yourself. While flying your most dangerous enemies are only: Hanzo, widow, mccree and roadhog.

Grief.exe

QASav45.jpg

mbpm1

TFW you can't convert a stellar performance into a win. I'm not sure how people don't get this. If a tank goes in, kills three people and gets a foothold on the point, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JOIN THEM.

"Hey, he's doing well!"

"Might as well stay back so if anything happens, it'll happen to him alone."

"What objective?"

One of the worst parts of playing support isn't only that it's "unappreciated", but also that you're almost always the first one to get shit on when people get salty that they lost the game.

I've had someone get mad at me for playing Lucio because, in their opinion, I wasn't healing them and instead kept the speedboost. Except I wasn't, I would always change to heal as soon as I got to the point. He was salty that he was "being shat on", even though I had to point out that a Lucio's passive and even active healing doesn't cancel out multiple characters shitting on him, so he can't just blindly charge against 3 different people at the same time. Guy couldn't understand that Lucio doesn't bail out someone who is playing shitty and just charging to the enemy frontlines with no plan or other people backing him up.

Also had people all hot and bothered when I'm playing as a Mercy, where they expect instant healing regardless of their position in the map to make up for them playing sloppily and taking too much damage, do nothing to protect me, then whine I don't pop and ult when everyone dies because I died along with them. Way too many "lone wolf" players who aren't tanks who go way out away from the frontlines also expect constant healing. Nope, sorry bud. I'm not charging behind enemy lines behind you with no plan on your end, where you're gonna get your ass killed instantly and I'll be left on my own to get killed as well, when I could very well just be in the frontlines healing 3-4 teammates at once.

I don't pretend to be the very best Lucio/Mercy player, but people are just waaaay too eager to shit on people who play those two characters instead of realizing that they a Mercy/Lucio doesn't make up for their shitty playing/bad team coordination.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I don't think I've won a game where Zenyatta was the healer on my team.

It's a shame we've never been matched up.

Zenyetta is a situational support. He's great at a static defense. He's also great with a Symmetra or Torbjorn on the team.

cr0w

Old Member
I'm considering picking this up, but I have a question. I have no friends that play the game, so I'd most likely be going solo with randoms during the times I can play. Should I just spend the money on something else if that's the case?

Zemm

Play Pharah? Most McCrees are actually terrible with left click/regular shot. I wont engage a Pharah directly with McCree and I'm pretty good with regular shots.

I need to play my Egyptain queen more to be honest.

I don't have a problem with him mostly, just the advice makes me laugh because keeping a distance on him is much easier said than done. Like it's the most obvious tactical advice ever but it's kinda useless unless the McCree never moves. It was just a joke post anyway.

ExVicis

"Hey, he's doing well!"

"Might as well stay back so if anything happens, it'll happen to him alone."

"What objective?"

"There's no one on the objective, should we get on it?"

"Nah, I'm pretty sure they have a Widowmaker. Better we just hang back at this choke and just do nothing"

"Hah you're smart. Yeah good thinking, let those idiots on the objectives die instead."

DoT2

I'm considering picking this up, but I have a question. I have no friends that play the game, so I'd most likely be going solo with randoms during the times I can play. Should I just spend the money on something else if that's the case?

Games are still very enjoyable with randoms, I find anyway.
Some might get frustrated.

SDCowboy

I play with randoms probably 95% of the time and have a blast.

TaterTots

Banned
Probably feels that way because they replay a map but switch roles for payload, but koth are usually best of 3 matches that don't repeat.

What I meant is when I boot up the game, my first map more often than not is Kings Row. I'm gonna chalk it up to bad luck. For example, today I launched the game 4x and all 4x I was put into a Kings Row game lol.

Grief.exe

Well, I've put 450+ hours into Battlefield 4 with nothing but randoms, so maybe I'll be alright.

BF4 has a significantly lower skill ceiling and less reliance on teammates.

I remember we could swing a match with 5 good players in a 64 player game.

Rocketz

Well I just experienced a match destroying bug. I died as D.Va and I became stuck in spectating mode. I couldn't respawn and the timer was stuck on zero. I just had to watch as my team lost.

mbpm1

Most of my randoms are okay. I try to communicate gently to help most of the time.

Like "Yo, I know I have this big blue shield, but I can't do anything if nobody's supporting me" or "There's a turret/sniper at X location"

Sometimes they listen

Yeah, 500 or however much it is doesn't feel like much.
I don't think that's a problem with the Win XP alone. The whole system probably needs a little boost all around.

Considering the RNG aspect, it does feel like we should earn shit a bit more than we do. Especially since I would hope that they're going to add significant amounts of cosmetics. Further decreasing my chance of getting what I want in a given box.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
gonna solo queue and try to learn some dps guys, and tank my w/l ratio in the process

Baliis

Yes there are sutuations where you should stay on the ground like when you are being targeted by a Hanzo or Widow.

When you are on the ground you are a easy kill for: almost every hero, especially flankers and over that you risky hitting yourself. While flying your most dangerous enemies are only: Hanzo, widow, mccree and roadhog.

Clearly you've never seen my Winston, leaping up and killing pharahs all day long. It's hilarious when it works anyways lmao.

Satch

Banned
I feel you have to be selfish sometimes. I already knew we were going to lose the KOTH map because nobody locked in lucio but I have 9 hours on him and 6 on mercy, than more than most people who scream pick a healer.

Lucio is my second most played hero completely by accident. I mean, literally multiple hours at a time of playing nothing but Lucio. 61 total Lucio games with a 70.5% winrate because I just wanted to win, but no more. I want to play Pharah. If we lose, whatever, but I'm tired of Lucio. I hate Lucio. I can't take it anymore. (I'll end up playing Lucio again tonight for sure because having a Lucio is how you win. Losing is awful, but I'm gonna vent anyway man.)

I'd love to see some people's stats. The very thought of people complaining about there never being healers in their games but a healer isn't in their top 5 is just crazy to me. Like how do you complain about something you never do lol

Klyka

Banned
game is starting to become more work than fun for me now that it's gone from "this is new and i don't know stuff!" to "I know everything that everyone does and everything is by the books now".

might take a break and come back later, trying to find some fun in it again

Zemm

you get 500 bonus xp for a win

Yeah but he wants more on top of that. If there was a significant difference between winning and losing xp wise then people are going to get more toxic. For competitive mode? Fine, I wouldn't be against it.

ExVicis

I have lots of fun and I pretty much only solo play. But if you get it on PC I'll play with ya.

Lucio is my second most played hero completely by accident. I mean, literally multiple hours at a time of playing nothing but Lucio. 61 total Lucio games with a 70.5% winrate because I just wanted to win, but no more. I want to play Pharah. If we lose, whatever, but I'm tired of Lucio. I hate Lucio. I can't take it anymore. (I'll end up playing Lucio again tonight for sure because having a Lucio is how you win. Losing is awful, but I'm gonna vent anyway man.)

I'd love to see some people's stats. The very thought of people complaining about there never being healers in their games but a healer isn't in their top 5 is just crazy to me. Like how do you complain about something you never do lol

i love playing Support. i'm focusing on learning all 4 of them because i enjoy the role so much. i hate myself apparently. if anyone wants a guaranteed healer, get me on Battle.net.

Dad

I don't think that's a problem with the Win XP alone. The whole system probably needs a little boost all around.

Considering the RNG aspect, it does feel like we should earn shit a bit more than we do. Especially since I would hope that they're going to add significant amounts of cosmetics. Further decreasing my chance of getting what I want in a given box.

At least increase the amount of coins dupes give you. 5 coins is pathetic for even common items

R0ckman

I've found it better to Winston Rage and target key players like Rein, Mercy and only tossing pests away for some quick disorientation.

I see a lot of other Winstons on the enemy kind of just jumping and swining but not actually targetting anyone. I would actually be terrified if I was facing myself as Winston in rage mode.

After I killed a Mercy in a KotH match I pushed the Rein out of the objective across the map, pinned him to a wall and beat him to death as my team slaughtered his DPS and took the objective right before his eyes.

adz2ka

As much as I love playing as Winston, I still think he's slightly underpowered. He either needs a very slow health regen, or a ever so slightly faster ultimate charger.

Also, I've been in a few teams during my time with 2 coordinated Zanya who were obviously friends. Now that was ridiculously imbalanced.

Stiler

Man, loot boxes at max lv seem to drop nothing but crap for me.

I have not got a SINGLE skin drop in the past 15 levels, it's just victory poses/emotes/lines.

It's almost always one-two blues tops, haven't got but one legendary in all my 29 lv's and only one two purple.

I just want a good winston skin is that so much to ask for :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom