• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronMT86

Winston's ultimate is the only character where I feel like I do absolutely nothing with. I smack a few people around they run away. I can never get a kill during the ultimate *unless* I happen to fling someone off a map.

Genji's ult is so bad. Needs boost imo.

So easy to get quad+ kills with that if you use it correctly.

Why is it considered good then? I've never seen anyone on Xbox get a play of the game with his ult.

Or any kind of noticable play.

You need to flank with it while your team is putting pressure on the front line. Hit the squishies, charge through to finish them for the instant cooldown, reflect if absolutely necessary and keep on swinging.

Satch

Banned
Do you still hit well with the shurikens at that sens? What's your vert/horiz sensitivity?

my genji settings are

Horizontal-80
Vertical-36

and yes i hit shurikens. the thing about genji, tracer, and lucio on consoles is that you get to abuse the fact that most people play on 30 sensitivity, which is the default setting, and most people wont change it. if their sensitivity is that low, they cant turn to attack you, so you have plenty of time to get free hits in.

Tawpgun

Dunno how I feel about rein and charging into a road hog, only for him to hook me and turn off my booster and bring me in.

The physics of it bother me and dunno if it's good balance anyway

Kyoufu

I got mine on Dorado Attack.

I shadowstepped onto the bridge near the midway point then dropped down yelling DIE DIE DIE. That's the best way to get that achievement I think. A drop that people don't notice until it's too late.

Yeah I guess I'll have to try more drops.

Genji's ult is so bad. Needs boost imo.

The fuck? Has a ridiculously large hitbox and kills most characters in two swings.

Winston's ultimate is the only character where I feel like I do absolutely nothing with. I smack a few people around they run away. I can never get a kill during the ultimate *unless* I happen to fling someone off a map.

Don't try and get kills with the ultimate unless you can push them off the map or a healer into a corner. You should be trying to disperse their team for easy pickings.

Timeaisis

I used to like Mei. And then I started playing WITH Meis. Mei doesn't bother me on the enemy team, honestly. She's not that big of a deal. But every time I'm matched with a Mei I swear to god she gets me killed. The ice wall isn't something to just pop up willy nilly, but every single Mei uses it that way. Not only does it screw up the enemy team, it screws your own team most of the time. It messes up the flow of the game, and gives the enemy( and your team) time to react to situations. If, for example, there's a bastion going into turret form, and I can quickly kill him before he does so, the ice wall is NOT A GOOD IDEA HERE. Because, effectively, Mei is just giving him extra time to spin up.

Once, as Zarya, we were on defense and our point was about to be taken. I had gotten pushed back clearing out some other guys so I was moving back towards the point. My power level was at like 70%. I get there and pop my ult, ready to fuck some shit up. When, of course, MY OWN Mei decides now would be a great time to block me off from the enemy. Needless to say, my Ult fizzles before the ice wall ends, and they easily take the point from us.

Alright, I'm done ranting. I just needed to yell at Mei players. Also, anyone have a link to that "I'm helping!" Mei comic? I need a chuckle after a few rounds.

Dunno how I feel about rein and charging into a road hog, only for him to hook me and turn off my booster and bring me in.

If anything that'd just make him slam Roadhog harder. I haven't seen that happen yet. I know if two Rein's charge into one another they are both knocked down on their backs -- which is totally reasonable.

gnexus

I don't know about anyone else but... I keep failing to get the Die Die Die... Die! trophy. I always manage a triple kill but that 4th? It's a tank who lives through it. :'(

I lucked out and used my Reaper ult when a Zarya teammate used her ult to get the entire team into a tiny little area.. feelsgoodman.jpg

R0ckman

Its not the point, its to break formations or disrupt REALLY agressive teams by being this weird offense/defense hybrid.

You NEED your team to push with you when you do this, if they have bad awareness or suck and wipe to one or two characters Winstons ult is useless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I used to like Mei. And then I started playing WITH Meis. Mei doesn't bother me on the enemy team, honestly. She's not that big of a deal. But every time I'm matched with a Mei I swear to god she gets me killed. The ice wall isn't something to just pop up willy nilly, but every single Mei uses it that way. Not only does it screw up the enemy team, it screws your own team most of the time. It messes up the flow of the game, and gives the enemy( and your team) time to react to situations. If, for example, there's a bastion going into turret form, and I can quickly kill him before he does so, the ice wall is NOT A GOOD IDEA HERE. Because, effectively, Mei is just giving him extra time to spin up.

Once, as Zarya, we were on defense and our point was about to be taken. I had gotten pushed back clearing out some other guys so I was moving back towards the point. My power level was at like 70%. I get there and pop my ult, ready to fuck some shit up. When, of course, MY OWN Mei decides now would be a great time to block me off from the enemy. Needless to say, my Ult fizzles before the ice wall ends, and they easily take the point from us.

Alright, I'm done ranting. I just needed to yell at Mei players. Also, anyone have a link to that "I'm helping!" Mei comic? I need a chuckle after a few rounds.

one of the pug games I just played, the enemy team Mei saved us twice from dying, from ults or whatever.

+1

Zaventem

Had a 5 toblerone 1 symmetra defense match on anubis today and i could just feel the other team raging

Meme matches are the best tbh. They switched to tanks after they couldn't get through but it was to much molten cores. Also facing over full team of soldiers constantly having to hide when you hear "i've got you in my sights" is annoying as hell.

Overwatch_Origins_Edition_20160531232545.jpg

Ranmo

Well I just experienced a match destroying bug. I died as D.Va and I became stuck in spectating mode. I couldn't respawn and the timer was stuck on zero. I just had to watch as my team lost.

I once recalled as Tracer and became one with the payload. I couldn't hurt anyone but I couldn't die either. I recalled again once it was up though, I wasn't about to cheese it that hard.

I felt like I was in one of those "Has science gone too far?" gags.

Ketch

This is what Genji can do on PC: https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/69728040?t=05m56s

In fairness, most Genji players still aren't this good but it should illustrate why analog sticks are just inadequate. It's already hard enough on a mouse.

They could always rebalance Genji on consoles.

Are we posting seagull clips because holy shit his genji is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

seriously, imagine yourself as the roadhog on the last point.

"What is happening!?"

Timeaisis

one of the pug games I just played, the enemy team Mei saved us twice from dying, from ults or whatever.

Lol I've seen that a couple of times, too. The sad thing is, she's a really good hero, but I feel like she seems "easy" to play because, well, her abilities aren't super hard to use but it's so damn easy to screw your own team over you really need to know WHEN to pop your ice wall or your ult. But she can be very useful if played right. Like you said she can block ults like nobody's business. Trouble is, everyone plays her and doesn't realize how "bad" they are being.

Satch

Banned

Pharah has a dumb interaction with McCree's flashbang that's kinda like this. If McCree sneaks up behind Pharah and you use the jump jet, you get stunned like right off the ground. Like somehow the jump jets get stunned by the flashbang too instead of just propelling your stunned body upwards. It drives me nuts lol

R0ckman

Well I just experienced a match destroying bug. I died as D.Va and I became stuck in spectating mode. I couldn't respawn and the timer was stuck on zero. I just had to watch as my team lost.

Can verify this bug existing. Happened to me in a match as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol I've seen that a couple of times, too. The sad thing is, she's a really good hero, but I feel like she seems "easy" to play because, well, her abilities aren't super hard to use but it's so damn easy to screw your own team over you really need to know WHEN to pop your ice wall or your ult. But she can be very useful if played right. Like you said she can block ults like nobody's business. Trouble is, everyone plays her and doesn't realize how "bad" they are being.

I thanked her at the end of the match. Then felt bad about it, it was dickish, it wasnt much different than saying "EZ" which I hate :/

oh well

Dad

I once recalled as Tracer and became one with the payload. I couldn't hurt anyone but I couldn't die either. I recalled again once it was up though, I wasn't about to cheese it that hard.

I felt like I was in one of those "Has science gone too far?" gags.

I wonder if this is a viable strategy for permanently contesting the payload when you're defending

wamberz1

If the enemy team is getting off the point then you're using it right. It's not meant for kills.

I feel you have to be selfish sometimes. I already knew we were going to lose the KOTH map because nobody locked in lucio but I have 9 hours on him and 6 on mercy, than more than most people who scream pick a healer.

Yep. This is the realization I've come to as well. I'm tired of being the only healer or tank 4 out of 5 matches. I want to play one of the offensive or defensive heroes too sometimes.

Palmer_v1

I kinda want some small changes to the character select screen. For one, I think Symmetra should be listed as Defense character instead of Support.

Two, I think Flanker should be a category it looks at for team comp. I'd put Tracer, Reaper, Genji, and maybe Dva/Winston/McCree in this category?

Something to help a team realize they have no good way to kill enemy bunkers/healers, or to realize they have way too many flankers, and nobody to push the actual objective.

TaterTots

Banned
Guys/Gals...fuck Mei. Not in a, "she is OP way," but the trolls are becoming ridiculous with her. Just played a game with a Mei that wouldn't let me do anything. She kept putting walls up in front of me for exits/entrances. So trashy. Then they told me to kill myself. I never understood why people say that. Are we that shitty of a species to tell another person to end their life?

My sensitivity is 86 for both hori&Vert. Feelsgood doing quick turns to reflect and getting out of the way

I didn't even play the match and I hate you.
It was great cause it was just a group randoms where we all decided Toblerone was the chosen one

Meme matches are the best tbh. They switched to tanks after they couldn't get through but it was to much molten cores. Also facing over full team of soldiers constantly having to hide when you hear "i've got you in my sights" is annoying as hell.

Had a random group for offence on Anubis with everyone Reaper... that didnt go well, but it sure looked cool.

Peff

The matchmaking has really been trying to fuck me over today, it seems, with a match with 2 Genjis on defense (these people TRIGGER ME, like why would you even, just pick Reaper and get it out of your system) and an amazing team combination with a Zenyatta and a Mercy... all 5 of which stayed outside the point in King's Row while I had to fend off the entire team by myself.

But goddamn if this last Hollywood match playing as Symettra didn't feel awesome. I got the achievement for seven sources of damage and the silver medal for eliminations, plus a couple of other gold ones. So good.

Once I hopped up off the ground a bit as a Pharah and popped her ult at a cluster of enemies, only for a friendly Mei to pop a wall directly in front of me, causing me to suicide from the splash damage of my own ult.

I raged. Hard.

I wonder how the player base is holding up for this game, is there any data? On console less an less players appear to be on, many of my friends have gotten bored already. That's just within my 500 friends though, maybe different elsewhere.

I do not think it has quite as much of a dynamic nature as many of the more arena styled shooters like Halo, Uncharted or even Destiny. Gives it quite a repetitive feel as each of the maps is often played in a relatively typical way.

Zaventem

Guys/Gals...fuck Mei. Not in a, "she is OP way," but the trolls are becoming ridiculous with her. Just played a game with a Mei that wouldn't let me do anything. She kept putting walls up in front of me for exits/entrances. So trashy. Then they told me to kill myself. I never understood why people say that. Are we that shitty of a species to tell another person to end their life?

They really need to stop ice wall from being able to be used on a certain point. Had double mei's is do this to me as well.

B.O.O.M

Only issue I have with Genji's Ult is that i can't see shit! Wish I could see him in third person for that ULT or something

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Good Genjis are some of the most annoying motherfuckers in this game.

I mean, any good player is a pain in the ass but Genji takes the cake, motherfucker is impossible to hit.

brawly

my genji settings are

Horizontal-80
Vertical-36

and yes i hit shurikens. the thing about genji, tracer, and lucio on consoles is that you get to abuse the fact that most people play on 30 sensitivity, which is the default setting, and most people wont change it. if their sensitivity is that low, they cant turn to attack you, so you have plenty of time to get free hits in.

Thanks. I tried 73-37 right now in the current Brawl and it felt pretty good. Shurikens also seemed to hit more. Huh. If only I could jump now while aiming. Gotta try this with Tracer aswell.

Are we posting seagull clips because holy shit his genji is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

seriously, imagine yourself as the roadhog on the last point.

"What is happening!?"

Insane.

Timeaisis

I kinda want some small changes to the character select screen. For one, I think Symmetra should be listed as Defense character instead of Support.

Two, I think Flanker should be a category it looks at for team comp. I'd put Tracer, Reaper, Genji, and maybe Dva/Winston/McCree in this category?

Something to help a team realize they have no good way to kill enemy bunkers/healers, or to realize they have way too many flankers, and nobody to push the actual objective.

Yeah, I don't get why Symmetra is listed as Support. I guess her ult is support. And uh...she's got the shields and stuf (which isn't really much of a support ability to begin with)f, but her turrets are obviously defense, and her weapon is very defense-focused with it's slow rate of fire R-click and low range l-click. It's annoying because people go Symmetra out of a need for a support, when Symmetra doesn't really fill the "support role" like the others do. Hell, I'd say Zarya is more support than Symmetra is. At least she can protect people from death.

McCree, as he stands, can either be used as a frontlines dude or a flanker, so I think he's fine where he is. But I definitely think Tracer/Genji are out of place in filling "offense" roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom