• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

I wonder if the decease in voice chat is because how it was perceived at the beginning/middle of last gen. I've heard literally one person speak. Not that i'm complaining mind you it's just so rare.

Got potg with Lucio. Saw Pharah jump up to do her ult. I was actually trying to use my ult to so no one dies but I accidentally shot and it hit her and then I got my ult but after that I was just fumbling on the screen. It was terrible lol

Zarya continues to be my everything.
giphy.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Level 36 and I'm just at 990 coins, come on Blizz.

Gotten 3 gold skins so far and 2 of them have been for that sentry hero, who I never play as, pretty sure Blizz is fucking with me.

I did get an awesome Mercy skin, though.
Level 37, 955 coins, 1 gold skin. You're lucky compared to me. :p

Mutombo

I wonder if the decease in voice chat is because how it was perceived at the beginning/middle of last gen. I've heard literally one person speak. Not that i'm complaining mind you it's just so rare.

Rare? NO ONE speaks on ps4.

I find Zarya's personal barrier to be a bit too short. It's like half a second! Getting better with her though. People (damage dealers) need to be aware of her ultra because alone she can't do much.

kagamin

I met my first shit talkers tonight (actively antagonizing our team in chat when they won offense and then defense), at the very least they had the skill to back it up and we were almost shut out, I don't think they've ever interacted with a person as reasonable and understanding as me though. In other news, I'm really hoping to unlock a Mercy skin soon.

Shouta

Playing healers and going for kills while you heal is the best. I got 12 Eliminations in one match with Mercy all while healing us to victory. That feeling when you get those pistol kills is the best.

Satch

Banned
That's why you play Lucio. You can heal free of anyone else and still get some kills especially with his alt fire

he is my third most played hero... and not by choice. like i said.................. it became a job. but then i stopped doing that to myself and started picking Pharah, Queen of the Skies, and i got to have fun again. now that i have that experience playing support all that time i know how to play around my supports and i pay attention to their needs etc and my pharah winrate is at 64.8% now because i learned from that experience

like i said above lucio is my third most played (70.5% winrate)... mercy is my fifth most played (55.9%)... i have more room to complain about how shitty of a role it is than most tbh

edit: if you enjoy playing healer then more power to you but i was straight up picking them out of pure necessity. nobody else will do it a lot of the time. so i salute yall that enjoy it but it honestly isnt for me

I cant tell if you're gimmick posting or not anymore. I want to say yes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

Blizzard

Banned
Its the server tick rate. Server doesn't check often enough your position/movement etc so you get hooked and sniped/shot from around corners because the server still sees you out in the open.
I'd normally agree with this, but I don't think I even PEEKED around the corner in question. I don't think Roadhog peeked either.

Maybe I can find the hallway and take a screenshot some day. I also repeatedly got hooked through the same wall, several feet from the door, unlike normal tick rate hit registration.

She isn't wrong though. Playing healer can be boring, that's why they are in short supply. Not all the time though as I've had fun with Lucio and Mercy.
Yeah it can be frustrating as hell to play a support in this game if the people your healing take you for granted or don't bother utilizing you. You feel so helpless as mercy when the guy your healing dies. All you can do is pray there's someone you can fly to.

Playing healers and going for kills while you heal is the best. I got 12 Eliminations in one match with Mercy all while healing us to victory. That feeling when you get those pistol kills is the best.

Mercy can be pretty ruthless at close-to-medium range, and players that do well at compensating for projectile travel time can be devastating from far away as well... Scoped-in Windowmaker doesn't have a lot of time to react from a distance sometimes.

As Mercy, I seldom attempt to go offensive and focus on keeping beams up on teammates, but if I happen to be last surviving member in an area (which seems to occur more often than I'd like), I do whip out the pistol and do my best to stay alive. It is indeed surprising and highly satisfying how easily Mercy can dispatch enemies with that pistol.

Village

That man decided he was going to be a skeleton with shot guns. He is the realist hero this world has ever known.

You don't become skeleton gunman on a whim, that's a commitment.

HunRevan

I just got the game on XB1 and it is linked to my battle.net account but I did not receive the card back in Hearthstone. Anyone having this issue too?

When you get put in a game in progress. See they are terrible at attack. Like how the fuck you try to run past bastion and a turret. Holy shit they just kept doing it over and over lol

Moonkeis

Mercy can be pretty ruthless at close-to-medium range, and players that do well at compensating for projectile travel time can be devastating from far away as well... Scoped-in Windowmaker doesn't have a lot of time to react from a distance sometimes.

As Mercy, I seldom attempt to go offensive and focus on keeping beams up on teammates, but if I happen to be last surviving member in an area (which seems to occur more often than I'd like), I do whip out the pistol and do my best to stay alive. It is indeed surprising and highly satisfying how easily Mercy can dispatch enemies with that pistol.

That's what I've started to do as well, especially when offense on my team isn't doing their job. I find it pretty hilarious and satisfying to take people out with pistol.

sixghost

I'd normally agree with this, but I don't think I even PEEKED around the corner in question. I don't think Roadhog peeked either.

Maybe I can find the hallway and take a screenshot some day. I also repeatedly got hooked through the same wall, several feet from the door, unlike normal tick rate hit registration.

What did the killcam look like? Whenever I feel like I get killed after I turned the corner, the killcam will always show me still in vision for the other person. I think that's just an inescapable part of client-side hit detection.
cuz playing healers is fucking BORING

its practically a job if you have to play healer all the fucking time
i resisted my healing ways tonight and played pharah every game and overwatch is finally good again... i feel free

no one wants to have to spend their playtime tethered to helen keller

Lucio is boring, but Mercy and Zenyatta are really fun to play. Especially if you have the Pharah+Mercy combo, following her around and gliding with her movement ability is so fun. And Zenyatta just fucks shit up if your aim is on point. Of course if your team sucks then it's the worst.

Blizzard

Banned
What did the killcam look like? Whenever I feel like I get killed after I turned the corner, the killcam will always show me still in vision for the other person. I think that's just an inescapable part of client-side hit detection.
I have a bad habit of always skipping killcams because I want to respawn. :(

Xeteh

I don't know, I play a lot of Roadhog and basically if I see any bit of character from behind a wall the hook can grab them. The amount of times I've hooked Widow/Hanzo because I can see the top of their head or their elbow when they're trying to play peek-a-boo snipe is kind of crazy. It doesn't take much.

SwolBro

Banned
Rare? NO ONE speaks on ps4.

And neither on Xbone.

It's sad, and it's making PC the more social place to go. The perception that everyone on console were little kids ranting really screwed up the console community.

i hope Sony and Microsoft realizes this a bad thing before it's too late.

Ivan 3414

And neither on Xbone.

It's sad, and it's making PC the more social place to go. The perception that everyone on console were little kids ranting really screwed up the console community.

i hope Sony and Microsoft realizes this a bad thing before it's too late.

Console perception wasnt what killed chat in games. Party chat killed voice chat in games.

Dumb rein player. All he had to do was leave shield up. No he can't he wants to go head on with the other team.

I was going to quit but I'll take the XP and the loss

Gryph

Been seeing a lot of people leaving games now...

I don't think I had a single game go into it's mirror match today... Too many people left every time...

Xeteh

Someone that's more interested in blocking damage than getting a dank hook percentage

He stands in front of the team and tries to pull people in to kill them. Sorry whatever guy was playing with you wasn't very good but the hero fills the tank role just fine. If you want a Reinhardt in every game, be your own hero.

I just got the game on XB1 and it is linked to my battle.net account but I did not receive the card back in Hearthstone. Anyone having this issue too?

I linked my ps4 with battle.net and certainly didn't unlock a card back in Hearthstone. Was I supposed to?

Edit: I'm reading that it was only if you pre- ordered....?

Literally had a 4 minute objective time as Lucio on defense near the very last part of Watchpoint: Gibraltar. Skating around like a goddamn madman trying to keep the payload from moving and literally no one came to back me up. They were so fucking concerned about not dying. Spammed 'Group Up" a thousand times and after they saw the payload at a damn standstill after 3 fucking minutes they got the fucking memo and we won.

Sometimes this game is really frustrating =(

So many lost games on defense from people just constantly backing away from the payload. One game was exactly like yours. I was a Lucio having to skate around the payload to keep it from moving because literally nobody else would even come close. Every time I died the payload would move without fail and would never stop until I got back to it.

Way too many people don't understand that a payload does not stop until you touch it (or there's no one on it, but you have to literally kill them to get them out). If someone's moving the thing you TOUCH THE PAYLOAD as you attack the players. I don't understand people who never touch the payload and pelt the enemy with bullets as they watch said enemies bring the load to the final checkpoint.

Bittercup

What is up with the matchmaking today. Almost all matches are complete one-sided and we are getting crushed be the other team. Not a single victory at all. Not really having much fun right now :(
Never happened to me before that much. Mostly even teams and sometimes unfair matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom