• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You really really really should be able to pick costumes at the fucking CHARACTER SCREEN blizzard, what in the actual fuck were they thinking?

Lucio's pushback has earned me some mortal enemies lately. It's glorious knocking the pesky Reaper and Junkrats off the map every chance I get >_<

Listonosh

I mean, i'm not claiming this is some super ultra good competitive strat, just that it has been working very well for my team, better than some more diverse picks.

Went against 6 Symmetras. At first not knowing that their turrets destroyed us, but countering all of them with Winston absolutely wiped them out.

We did just go against an all Reaper team... and, well... I thought gimmick teams like that just don't work. Holy hell, we couldn't even touch them. The amount of damage they all did was absolutely unreal.

I've said this multiple times, but dupe character teams kind of ruin the balance. Just my opinion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lucio's pushback has earned me some mortal enemies lately. It's glorious knocking the pesky Reaper and Junkrats off the map every chance I get >_<

You can knockback a Roadhog after he hooks you but before he shoots you in the face and you don't die

Lucio's is an awesome healer. They must not realize I heal people near me lol
Just defended the first checkpoint other team couldn't heave the area lol.

Went against 6 Symmetras. At first not knowing that their turrets destroyed us, but countering all of them with Winston absolutely wiped them out.

We did just go against an all Reaper team... and, well... I thought gimmick teams like that just don't work. Holy hell, we couldn't even touch them. The amount of damage they all did was absolutely unreal.

I've said this multiple times, but dupe character teams kind of ruin the balance. Just my opinion.

Dupe teams make it so they balance characters around stacks, instead of their individual merits. It needs to go

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Why didn't your team just go phara x6 ;)

But yeah I agree having more than 1 of the same character is kinda lame in this but it's what they want with the game

Stoof

Was doing so good earlier and then lost about 10 games in a row with a bunch of matches against teams 30-40+ player levels higher. That was not fun.

6 stacks are gimmicks. The game is not going to be balanced around that because they're easy to counter if you know what you're doing. Symmetras are pretty weak to any midrange damage, like pharahs, s76, junkrat, mccree, roadhog, zenyatta, zarya, lucio... I mean you can make a team that counters that kind of cheese pretty easily. Just prioritize removing turrets first, take your time. They don't stack shields so half of their tools are worthless.

I can understand losing to cheese sometimes, but that doesn't break the game. People do it for the laughs, not trying to actually win but sometimes it works.

MUnited83

For you.
Sub-optimal? You make it sound like she's weak yet Symmetra has the highest win percentage both at this moment and five months ago when Blizzard commented on win rates during the beta. Ironically, she is also the least popular hero in the game. So while not many people like her, those who do consistently perform very well with her. They win, a lot. My own win rate w/Sym is sitting at a nice 75% over 83 games and 9 hours. On defense she is absolutely not a sub-optimal pick in the hands of someone who knows her.

Yeap. I get calling double symmetras sub-optimal, but one symmetra? Perfectly fine and one of the best choices if you know how to play her.

6 stacks are gimmicks. The game is not going to be balanced around that because they're easy to counter if you know what you're doing. Symmetras are pretty weak to any midrange damage, like pharahs, s76, junkrat, mccree, roadhog, zenyatta, zarya, lucio... I mean you can make a team that counters that kind of cheese pretty easily. Just prioritize removing turrets first, take your time. They don't stack shields so half of their tools are worthless.

I can understand losing to cheese sometimes, but that doesn't break the game. People do it for the laughs, not trying to actually win but sometimes it works.

Six stacks are gimmicky, but it's not as though the competitive leagues weren't chock-full of 3-4 stacks when they were allowed.

Listonosh

Why didn't your team just go phara x6 ;)

But yeah I agree having more than 1 of the same character is kinda lame in this but it's what they want with the game

We tried that and we tried McCree. It was the Ilios map so it was small enough for the reapers to constantly gang up on us. There were two times we were able to capture the point but Death blossom after Death blossom could not be stopped.

I also never play as neither McCree or Phara... so despite my efforts, I didn't contribute much.

lol

Were there teleporters everywhere?

three that we were able to find relatively quick. But holy shit damn turrets everywhere. It was in Volskaya, so they essentially had turrets lined against the walls when you first enter, and once those went, they lined them on that little room structure that's connected to the cap point. It was absolutely ridiculous and did keep killing us for quite some time, but once three of us switched to winston, it was pretty easy. The turrets went down immediately.

eek5

A couple winstons would make quick work of 6 sym

Dupe teams make it so they balance characters around stacks, instead of their individual merits. It needs to go
Yep. Winston would be a tiny bit stronger right now weren't it for Blizzard nerfing him to account for "Twinston" and their effect on the game. If rank ends up having a hero limit it'll probably be the only mode I play for that reason. Competitive leagues have already started banning stacking and it's made the pro games effected by it so much more dynamic, diverse and entertaining to watch.

Dalek

Sometimes I wonder what I have to do to get people's vote at the end. 18 turret kills and 39% kill participation and the play of the game? Nothing.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Man that master overwatch page really puts in perspective how shit I am at this game really.

Apparently I am ranked 882 with widowmaker

Xeteh

Been having really good games as Junkrat lately but not really enough to win. Its fun trying to get creative with his Riptire to get them in to good position without getting picked off instantly.

Rhaknar

I discovered the dot the other day. It's the best. The other reticles are too noisy. Put the dot on their face and gg

Doesnt it hurt some heroes tho? I can think of Hanzo losing his arrow drop off indicator or Zarya losing her energy level indicator

Man that master overwatch page really puts in perspective how shit I am at this game really.

Apparently I am ranked 882 with widowmaker

What did you expect? It's millions of players per platform. Did you really think you were going to be top 100 or something? :p

Sometimes I wonder what I have to do to get people's vote at the end. 18 turret kills and 39% kill participation and the play of the game? Nothing.

People seem to vote for healing a lot even if the healer did nothing exceptional. I'll vote for >40% team damage or revived >20% team deaths other than that I'm looking elsewhere.

I had a game where I went on a murder spree with Zarya with 60% kill participation and a Mercy won for healing numbers smh

Dunlop

Temple of Anubis on attack, getting destroyed. I die and respawn as soon as I take a step I die to Hanzo ultimate, very irritating.

Temple of Anubis is pretty much a free win for the defender, a couple of Tobjorn's and Bastions at the choke point to the entrance and you are not getting though.

I'm an avid lover of Tobjorn and I have to say turrets are crazy OP, they should take longer to be able to track you not have the 6th sense they do now.

Try to port behind 3 of them as Reaper and they had already turned and killed me before I completely materialized

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Doesnt it hurt some heroes tho? I can think of Hanzo losing his arrow drop off indicator or Zarya losing her energy level indicator

Zarya still has the energy level under the cursor even with a custom crosshair. And you can set the crosshair per character, so you can mix it up between default and the other options according to your specific preferences.

Blizzard

Banned
Again new game-I just got 43% kill participation and not one vote.
People don't usually vote for Torbjorn, Bastion, or Reaper. If you play a support or tank you're quite likely to get votes.

You really really really should be able to pick costumes at the fucking CHARACTER SCREEN blizzard, what in the actual fuck were they thinking?
I agree, that would be nice -- sometimes I want to change sprays in particular.

I just reached level 37 tonight...dupe spray, white white blue white. No coins. I'm at 955 coins, 1 legendary skin in 37 levels. I can't even BUY one. ;_;

ISOM

People seem to vote for healing a lot even if the healer did nothing exceptional. I'll vote for >40% team damage or revived >20% team deaths other than that I'm looking elsewhere.

I had a game where I went on a murder spree with Zarya with 60% kill participation and a Mercy won for healing numbers smh

I think it's because Healers can be so underappreciated that they tend to get more sympathy votes. I know I give them as well.

Rhaknar

You will buy one soon. And then get it to drop a few boxes later like me x_x

I suppose you're right about those two but they aren't really shooting bullets. It's great for Soldier and Tracer for example.

Im deffinately going to look into this. Reapers giant reticle isnt doing me any favors

Satch

Banned
king of the hill is the worst game mode

did ur lucio get ur team to the point first? congrats you get the advantage KEK

edit: do you not have a lucio at all? congrats u lost xDDDDDDDd

I love poop intensed overtime on koth. Came during a match on Nepal and was it was intense because other team was basically on 99% before we cleared out the point. Surprise we made from 0 to overtime. But we kept going back and forth. Lucio speed boost though. Would have probably lost we didn't have him

Blizzard

Banned

Pushing against another team who's holding the point is doable but takes coordination.

About GETTING there, it's quite easy to counter -- just pick Lucio yourself. Or pick 2 Lucios, alternate speedboosts, and immediately switch class on death. You don't have to stay using him once the point is secure.

I was about to say this. The maps for koth are not very well thought-out in regards to incorporating all of the characters. There are far too many sightlines; Lijiang Tower Garden is especially horrible with this, and when there aren't too many sightlines, the map is instead incredibly crowded, inevitably turning it into McCree, Winston, and Lucio.

Speely

Banned
Just got MURDERED by a team playing off of a great Zarya. Player knew exactly when to pop bubbles and they straight-up bodied us.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously, what's with the matchmaking just dumping me into games that are just about to lose.

I managed to save one game as reinhardt which did feel pretty good, but seriously, wtf blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom