• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
People seem to vote for healing a lot even if the healer did nothing exceptional. I'll vote for >40% team damage or revived >20% team deaths other than that I'm looking elsewhere.

I had a game where I went on a murder spree with Zarya with 60% kill participation and a Mercy won for healing numbers smh
I think it's because Healers can be so underappreciated that they tend to get more sympathy votes. I know I give them as well.
I agree with this. EVERYONE wants to play random Genji / Reaper / Hanzo / Widow / McCree damage-dealers, but good tanks and supports need all the encouragement they can get.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seriously, what's with the matchmaking just dumping me into games that are just about to lose.

I managed to save one game as reinhardt which did feel pretty good, but seriously, wtf blizzard.

This thread is full of people saying they leave games when they are unhappy with the "bads", so maybe blame them also? Or do you want games to carry on 6v5 without filling it again?

BY2K

Membero Americo
u8xFCpj.jpg

gSdYuWO.jpg

fauINv0.jpg

R9755Go.jpg

6PaTT9J.jpg

2bwv5Pn.jpg

xKS1Dwn.jpg

mCtFttp.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This thread is full of people saying they leave games when they are unhappy with the "bads", so maybe blame them also? Or do you want games to carry on 6v5 without filling it again?

Eh I guess so, but then blizzard should make the penalty for leaving at the latter stages supremely harsh because apparently it's not harsh enough, because I'm getting this every 2nd game I joined today.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I usually run Lucio on KOTH but if someone picks Widowmaker or Torbjorn I random select lol

I dont get this attitude. Why be another oart of the problem? Why not play for real and see what happens? Maybe that Widow is amazing at sniping, I mean probably not but it could happen. And its not like snipers arent good in koth maps, a kill is a kill, you dont need all 6 bodies inside the point.

Satch

Banned
And yet healers are still in short supply

cuz playing healers is fucking BORING

its practically a job if you have to play healer all the fucking time
i resisted my healing ways tonight and played pharah every game and overwatch is finally good again... i feel free

no one wants to have to spend their playtime tethered to helen keller

Dunlop

I agree with this. EVERYONE wants to play random Genji / Reaper / Hanzo / Widow / McCree damage-dealers, but good tanks and supports need all the encouragement they can get.
They need to fix the POTG to have tanking or healing metrics.

You can heal the game if your life and the POTG will go to Bastion or Junkrat or whatever DPS. Gives people less motivation for those roles.

Rhaknar

On that comic above, Mcree is also a bad guy so...whut?

Kiro

Overtime and they had 5 people pushing the payload. They were right outside the door I was in so my Junkrat could easily and quickly drop my tire. Send it out and it's soaring right into the heart of all 5 of them when boom. Pharah out of no where snipes my flying tire and saves her entire team.

They deserve the win.

You can heal the game if your life and the POTG will go to Bastion or Junkrat or whatever DPS. Gives people less motivation for those roles.
Played mercy for 5 hours got potg once.
Played others heroes for maybe 2 or 3 hours got potg tons of times.

StarkFist

And yet healers are still in short supply

I play Lucio often, and I've mitigated this by friending other main healers. That way, I can try to be on a team with at least one, and often 2, healers, which automatically improves the odds of winning.

Rhaknar

POTG is motivation to play a hero now?

Fucking what? Lol

Ivan 3414

Literally had a 4 minute objective time as Lucio on defense near the very last part of Watchpoint: Gibraltar. Skating around like a goddamn madman trying to keep the payload from moving and literally no one came to back me up. They were so fucking concerned about not dying. Spammed 'Group Up" a thousand times and after they saw the payload at a damn standstill after 3 fucking minutes they got the fucking memo and we won.

Sometimes this game is really frustrating =(

jediyoshi

Unless you can define actual parameters for a "fix", it's as nebulous as any solution they already have, including taking both resurrections and kills into account. I've yet to see a POTG of just DPS in lieu of kills, but I imagine a play of just support would easily be relatively more boring.

i resisted my healing ways tonight and played pharah every game and overwatch is finally good again... i feel free

Hl8cwF8.jpg

When your team is awful, being a healer isn't great, but if your team is at least competent, playing healer can be super fun for me. The best is trying to triage everyone as Mercy, you're just jumping from person to person topping their health up or rescuing them from a Roadhog hook or pumping more damage into a Pharah or leaping to a group of yellow orbs in the nick of time for a mass heal. Playing Mercy is so much more fun for me than the Medic in TF2 ever was.

Actually, lately I've found Lucio a bit more dull to play because the only times you really kill someone are when you surprise someone with how powerful your shots are or if you manage to outmaneuver them. (Or blow them off the map with alt fire, which never gets old.) But you don't get to flank anyone (because you're wasting your heal/speed powers) and you can't do a ton if no one else can support you with DPS.

Ivan 3414

That's why you play Lucio. You can heal free of anyone else and still get some kills especially with his alt fire

Rhaknar

I cant tell if you're gimmick posting or not anymore. I want to say yes...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Healers are fun man.

Even if your team is being dumb at least you can make a game of "how long can you stay on the walls without touching the ground" with lucio.

Blizzard

Banned
Another game, another instance of Roadhog hooking me from behind a wall.

Godamnit. They need to fix this issue.
This has happened to me like 3 times in the same hallway. I think if he gets vision through a thin wall he can do it? I might have stepped in a junkrat trap or been revealed by Hanzo vision, and then I got pulled straight through the wall.

I dont get this attitude. Why be another oart of the problem? Why not play for real and see what happens? Maybe that Widow is amazing at sniping, I mean probably not but it could happen. And its not like snipers arent good in koth maps, a kill is a kill, you dont need all 6 bodies inside the point.

I have yet to experience a sniper on KOTH being worth a damn, so I'd rather make up for the loss of damage

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Level 36 and I'm just at 990 coins, come on Blizz.

Gotten 3 gold skins so far and 2 of them have been for that sentry hero, who I never play as, pretty sure Blizz is fucking with me.

I did get an awesome Mercy skin, though.

Burt

Teams have gotten significantly worse for me in the last day or two. It's like everyone's gotten used to the game and they don't feel like winning, they just feel like playing who they want to play. 4/5 games I'll get an insta-pick Widow and Hanzo, and half the time a Bastion on top of that. On offense.

This has happened to me like 3 times in the same hallway. I think if he gets vision through a thin wall he can do it? I might have stepped in a junkrat trap or been revealed by Hanzo vision, and then I got pulled straight through the wall.
It's kinda like Battlefield 4 all over again. You get behind cover before he can get you but get caught anyway.

Pastry

Banned
Seriously, what's with the matchmaking just dumping me into games that are just about to lose.

I managed to save one game as reinhardt which did feel pretty good, but seriously, wtf blizzard.

Legit some of the worst matchmaking I've ever had. Lost 15 games in a row tonight.

Xeteh

Another game, another instance of Roadhog hooking me from behind a wall.

Godamnit. They need to fix this issue.

Its the server tick rate. Server doesn't check often enough your position/movement etc so you get hooked and sniped/shot from around corners because the server still sees you out in the open.

Rhaknar

Blackwatch was the black ops division of Overwatch (hence the name -- you can tell Reaper's creative side came out in choosing it).

I know. But you cant say "he's Overwatch because he was there" because so was Reaper. He fucked off instead of joining Reaper's little coup and went on his own bounty hunter-y ways, not exactly heroic material :p

pigeon

Banned
Teams have gotten significantly worse for me in the last day or two. It's like everyone's gotten used to the game and they don't feel like winning, they just feel like playing who they want to play. 4/5 games I'll get an insta-pick Widow and Hanzo, and half the time a Bastion on top of that. On offense.

I literally just had this team versus a Bastion/Torb/Roadhog setup on defense.

On the bright side, I'm getting a lot of practice in playing Genji. On the bad side, like, I'm not Seagull. I can kill a couple of guys by myself but I can't kill the whole enemy team by myself.

Although I can definitely try when my ult comes up

Zaventem

As soon as a i see someone lock in zenyetta i know have a 90% chance the team won't be healed. 150 health and the majority of them are up in the front doing their own thing?!?!

Unicorn

Man, Lucio has trash alts. Zenbot or w/e has awesome legendary ones, but I get the vibe he's a snipe healer, which ain't my jam.

wrongway

Man that master overwatch page really puts in perspective how shit I am at this game really.

Apparently I am ranked 882 with widowmaker

I'm kind of suspicious of masteroverwatch's rank system. Going off of the report that Overwatch has 7 million players, that site puts me well into the top 1% with every character. I'm mediocre as fuck. There's no way in hell I'm top 1%. So I wonder if the site is just pooling people who call up their ID and ranking them based on that smaller number. My rankings would certainly make more sense if I'm in a pool of just a few hundred thousand or something.

I genuinely enjoy playing Mercy so long as my team is playing the objective. It's pretty satisfying to flit around, keeping people up, throwing out boosts when someone's in a good spot, and keeping the drive alive with a rez. Healing deathmatchers blows goats though. :[

Mutombo

I might agree.

tried a couple of games last night; three tracers in my team, two tjorborns on offense in my team. of course we lost. Sometimes I miss team speak on ps4.

Not that it's that bad, per se. hope it will change when ranked matches start.

Village

I know. But you cant say "he's Overwatch because he was there" because so was Reaper. He fucked off instead of joining Reaper's little coup and went on his own bounty hunter-y ways, not exactly heroic material :p

Of course he's not a hero.

He didn't join reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom