• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the melee in this game is completely worthless right. I need to get out of the habit of meleeing people when i'm up close.

Not worthless. Just not stupid like some other games. Oh you can take a clip from an assault rifle but a cut with a knife one shots you. In this game it's more of a game to push just a bit more damage when you're reloading or following up as a combo, like with Roadhog.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So the melee in this game is completely worthless right. I need to get out of the habit of meleeing people when i'm up close.

Nah, it's not great, but it isn't entirely worthless. Use it when they're super low (about dead, basically) and you're out of ammo. Rather than reload, just punch face to get the kill.

exYle

This game is too fucking addicting. I'm even enjoying games with pubs, somehow.

I tried practicing Winston earlier and I was just getting absolutely, utterly, obliterated. Admittedly, it was with randoms who were not working with me. Is that the only missing ingredient? Teamwork? Or is there another trick to make Winston work?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This game is too fucking addicting. I'm even enjoying games with pubs, somehow.

I tried practicing Winston earlier and I was just getting absolutely, utterly, obliterated. Admittedly, it was with randoms who were not working with me. Is that the only missing ingredient? Teamwork? Or is there another trick to make Winston work?

It depends what you were trying to do with Winston. Trying to stay near the front like the other tanks will get him destroyed, he wants to be jumping behind and over most of the enemies to pester the ones in the back like snipers.

Melee is flat 30 damage on all characters (except Reinhardt and Torbjorn as they do 75 with hammers) so it is actually a very useful tool in close quarters combat to finish a kill.

jediyoshi

bought my first legendary
Q07JVjK.jpg

bugged ingame during emote, wings don't glow ;-;

Bliddo

What a horrible feeling is being on a killing spree and having the match end :D
I was on a 16 kill streak with Reaper, final attack charged and ready :mad:

Rizzi

Sigh. I really hate how good Soldier 76's ult is.
"I've got you in my sights" or "I couldn't be bothered playing a character that requires aiming, or any kind of skill"

kromeo

"I've got you in my sights" or "I couldn't be bothered playing a character that requires aiming, or any kind of skill"

Don;t know why anyone would want to spend much time playing as the most generic character in the game anyway

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is there any way to turn off plays of the game or skip them? Kinda getting tired of them as it's always the same thing.

ElyrionX

Just had a 29 elimination defense game on Gibraltar with Tracer. Had a pulse bomb triple kill as POTG and a 51% kills participation. Feels good man. They advanced the payload really fast and it seemed like we were going to lose so the come back feeling was definitely great.

I mean alot of the ultimates are super good. Soldier 76 has the down side of being worthless at overwhelming any sort of shielding, needing to reload, etc. I personally hate Junkrat's fucking bullshit tire. But that's mostly because I play healer and I swear to God it knows where I am all the time.

Rad-

Don;t know why anyone would want to spend much time playing as the most generic character in the game anyway

Definitely the most boring to play imo. But he's pretty powerful in the right hands and works in every situation and map.

ScribbleD

Just had a 29 elimination defense game on Gibraltar with Tracer. Had a pulse bomb triple kill as POTG and a 51% kills participation. Feels good man. They advanced the payload really fast and it seemed like we were going to lose so the come back feeling was definitely great.

Comebacks in Overwatch in general feel really good. Overtime + the respawn timer are tuned so perfectly.

peakish

People care too much about him being generic. He's a change of pace from many other characters in the game and very mobile.

He's fun.

Klyka

Banned

It does 30 damage. That is 1/5 of the health of say, Tracer.

Melee is great to throw in when a squishy gets close to you and is about to run off or bunnyhops around directly in your camera cause the melee cone you hit in front of you is actually pretty big.

I have killed many a squishy who tried to bunnyhop around me with melee.

pa22word

Oh and is anyone else just not feeling the loot at all?

I opened like two crates, thanked god almighty they didn't valve it and hide weapons in this bullshit, and never opened one again.

adz2ka

The player icons are the worst thing about loot boxes. Literally no one cares about them and they are ALL terrible. They need to start introducing animated and/or rare ones that are displayed elsewhere other than menus.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I opened like two crates, thanked god almighty they didn't valve it and hide weapons in this bullshit, and never opened one again.

Huh? Why don't you just open them?

You want 0 skins, emotes, poses, etc.? You're just going to default everything? I think you might be literally the only person.

I hate RNG but it's the only way to get those things.

Matt Frost

I don't feel this loot as well. Level 27, no a single purple or gold skin so far, not even much gold to buy things. But I won't give up. The game is fun when played with friends, so I hope someday I will get a skin I want (the Pharah mecha queen)

Nyx

The player icons are the worst thing about loot boxes. Literally no one cares about them and they are ALL terrible. They need to start introducing animated and/or rare ones that are displayed elsewhere other than menus.

Don't hate on my Kerrigan icon.

Son Of D

That's pretty much the reason why level is not the defintive indicator of skill. It's only time spent which could mean that higher levels should have better situational awareness or better grasp of game mechanics etc but not necessarily so. I've seen idiots insist on playing a hero over another player because they were 10-20 lvls higher *facepalm*
Reminds me of a stream I was watching last night. Had a group of people level 40-50 call a group of single digit players "kids" and the streamer was bragging about how they had the match in the bag.

The streamer's team lost pretty bad. Made for a funny moment.

Honestly I think that this game is so much about cheese and cheap tactics that single hero will just be a sticking plaster fix to that. But there is a big difference in that high level play cheese is different to low level cheese. Competitive players don't really care because to competitive people the only thing that really matters is winning and reliable tactics they can use to get a win are what they always argue for. But for viewers I have doubts about this game being fun to watch.
Stack banning is already being implemented in competitive leagues and the results are more diversified teams and much more entertaining matches for viewers. I hope ranked mode follows suit.

m4st4

Starting to feel the salt on last point attacks. Playing against seemingly impenetrable teams for two days straight. Not to mention the loot boxes sucked.

Alright time to play some more Overwatch then.

patientx

Why people get angry when I play with thorbjörn in attack matches ? I like to play engineers in all games and while I am not the best I can manage my own and contribute to the team. In this game however people reported me for playing as thorb in attack matches... I tried most of the attack characters and didn't like the way they played. Is it wrong I don't like a play style and use my own ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom