• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Hanzo: For when you not good enough for Widowmaker, but not good enough to play McCree either

mjlol.png

R0ckman

Love doing the knuckles emote as Pharah in front of the obj when people on the enemy side are running back to push overtime but I know its too damn late!

Rize_21

It's crazy hard to play as Mercy when most of your team don't have your back, yeah that gun is powerful and all, but being a top priority target will send you to spawn camp everytime, Reaper and Tracer are a real nightmare because they are the most commons heroes that'll get rid of you in no time, even if you're aware of their presences,damn them.

Dr. Buni

I find Symmetra and Reinhardt to be my favorite characters so far.

They can completely turn around matches in your favor, I love it.

With Symmetra, if you position the teleporter just right defending becomes a breeze... Love that character!
It always sad to be on defense, at least on point A and to not have a Symmetra on the team. Her teleport pad is borderline essential.

Grief.exe

I find Symmetra and Reinhardt to be my favorite characters so far.

They can completely turn around matches in your favor, I love it.

With Symmetra, if you position the teleporter just right defending becomes a breeze... Love that character!

When you place the teleporter just right.

a97B4BZ_460s.jpg

mxgt

Banned
I like playing Widowmaker, and most of the time get gold/silver in elims and damage.

I also dive on objectives if we're losing.

Come at me GAF.

Hanzo is still worst tier teammate though.

I like playing Widowmaker, and most of the time get gold/silver in elims and damage.

I also dive on objectives if we're losing.

Come at me GAF.

Hanzo is still worst tier teammate though.
Yeah, it's routine that I am first or second for elims as Widowmaker. As long as you're working with your team, and everyone knows their role, and you're willing to throw your body on the point to contest (if a last-ditch contest is needed; I'm not gonna throw my life away for no reason)... she's kind of a top-six hero.

It's crazy hard to play as Mercy when most of your team don't have your back, yeah that gun is powerful and all, but being a top priority target will send you to spawn camp everytime, Reaper and Tracer are a real nightmare because they are the most commons heroes that'll get rid of you in no time, even if you're aware of their presences,damn them.
I call it tunnel vision.

Another problem in the life of a support.

Matt Frost

Wtf, I killed 4 dudes in a row with Pharah and they give POTG to some shitty Torbjorn who killed two guys.

Before the PotG is shown, when the character pose is shown, below that states the reason why they choose one over the other. Look at that line.

Euphor!a

Banned
Probably my best play of the game so far. Team kill combo with Reaper and Mei ults to win the game just as we were about to lose.

FIeS67G.gif

Hex

Banned
What nooblet said basically, not every hero needs to take it.

Yeah there is nothing more irritating then seeing a 76 who has a speed boost blasting through the tele and taking its last activation while I am trucking along with Mei or Junkrat and have to now go the long way

Dr. Buni

I'd much rather have a Lucio or Mercy on my team, personally. The value of consistent healing beats a quick teleport.
Symmetra doesn't really replace a healer. It is not a Symmetra or Lúcio/Mercy, but having both in your team, on defense, makes it so much easier (imo).

BigDug13

There's a reason why Lucio is so popular. A single Reaper or Tracer isn't going to kill him unless they ult. Most survivable healer by far.

I love Zen's damage output from range and the fact that he can keep healing people for 3 seconds after losing sight of them and basically has unlimited range on his heal balls and nothing beats Mercy's resurrection and how quickly it regenerates when healing, but damn I can't survive with him or Mercy to save my life unless the team is solid. I can't count the number of times I've had resurrection waiting to use and being the first one to die unable to use it.

Alex

Not solely to blame of course, since Blizzard can't control what happens to a game once it starts. But a game they "set up" has one or two decent players sprinkled into a team of very poor players, with the other team being the opposite.

The reality is though, especially in middle of the road MMR, that people have off games, sometimes they don't pair up well together, sometimes they play heroes out of their comfort zone and, of course, the big one that no one likes to hear: people often overestimate their own talent. In addition, some folks also need to realize a.) this is a brand new game and b.) there's no ranked yet. People aren't going to be as familiar with the full extent of comps and counters and they won't be tryharding as much.

Now I'm not saying that the game doesn't sometimes feed you a bad hand, it absolutely does and it happens in all matchmaking and I bitch plenty myself. I'm just saying there's not some rigged up, artificial system trying to bring anyone down.This specific tidbit to me is just amusing because like I said once before the exact same arguments (which were easily demonstrably false) were constantly made in Heroes of the Storm for when people wanted to blame anything other than themselves for a loss.

There's a reason why Lucio is so popular. A single Reaper or Tracer isn't going to kill him unless they ult. Most survivable healer by far.

I love Zen's damage output from range and the fact that he can keep healing people for 3 seconds after losing sight of them and basically has unlimited range on his heal balls and nothing beats Mercy's resurrection and how quickly it regenerates when healing, but damn I can't survive with him or Mercy to save my life unless the team is solid. I can't count the number of times I've had resurrection waiting to use and being the first one to die unable to use it.

Attacker Lucio getting the payload heal + his passive heal might as well be fucking Wolverine, and that's before he does his amp heal.

JTripper

Plus it makes it extra difficult to decide when an ult res is gonna be worth using when your team isn't together. I never want to use it on just one teammate and when I die I often see so many dead skulls on the map but I'm nowhere near them.

Why does Junkrat do so much damage? On King of the Hill maps you pretty much need to run away after getting hit by one of his bombs unless you're a tank. Shit is crazy.

R0ckman

Why does Junkrat do so much damage? On King of the Hill maps you pretty much need to run away after getting hit by just one unless you're a tank. Shit is crazy.

They aren't accurate, but then again he can spam it, my problem with him is he can panic trap you, throw the trap on you when losing a battle to auto trigger it is dumb as hell.

BigDug13

They aren't accurate, but then again he can spam it, my problem with him is he can panic trap you, throw the trap on you when losing a battle to auto trigger it is dumb as hell.

The bear trap working on Zen who is floating in the air is the biggest joke.

cHinzo

That's always weird to me that Pharah can hurt herself with rockets but Junkrat is immune to his own explosives.

He can blow himself up with his grenades though. It's his mine which doesn't do damage, so he can jump up in the sky with it. I'm fine with Junkrat, he's pretty slow. His mine does a lot of damage though if you are close.

There is also nothing better than hooking a Pharah out the air with Roadhog, right before she ults, so she hits the ground with her ult and blows herself up. :'D

A point-blank shot does about 20 self-damage to Pharah's 40. His mine does 0 self-damage. Character is stupid.
A Pharah shouldn't shoot a rocket at point blank, because she can fcking fly.

Dubz

Solo pubs when the defense has multiple turrets fucking sucks. Torb may be low tier in pro games, but in pubs he's gdlk. I go like 26-3 ever time I use him.

JTripper

Symmetra is honestly one of the best, if not the best, underrated defense hero. I've won most of my games as her and whenever the other team has one I'm always paranoid about sentries around the corner.

I once placed all 6 sentries around a door at a choke point in hanamura and waited for enemies to come through and I'd attack them. 3 guys came in one by one and got wiped the fuck out and I got POTG.

when its either torbjorn or bastion that gets PoTG I usually just alt-tab away. just waste of time and boring to watch

I got a POTG yesterday as Toblerone and it was literally just me walking back to the battle from spawn while my turret wiped 3 guys out across the map.

fhqwhgads

Junkrat is the bane of my existence when I'm playing Zenyatta. Get hit with a single explosive and I've got to run away so my shield can regen, only to get picked off by some roaming Reaper/Tracer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom