• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Bought another 11 pack. 2 legendaries. One for Winston and the other was just Gold. The hell with this gold shit for legendaries.

I absolutely love that you can earn the dlc by playing and yet people spend money to unlock it instead.

It just proves you can lock anything down in a game and people will feel the need to hand over money noattwr how easy it is to get.

Dr. Buni

I absolutely love that you can earn the dlc by playing and yet people spend money to unlock it instead.

It just proves you can lock anything down in a game and people will feel the need to hand over money noattwr how easy it is to get.
What DLC?

Peff

If you join an in progress game it's basically guaranteed you're joining a side that's getting stomped. There need to be harsher penalties for leaving.

It doesn't count as a loss, so you can use it to practice a new hero with no repercussions. Sometimes it is actually possible to turn the tables, which feels awesome, but yeah, not very common.

Plum

GAF, I've found myself with a major dilemma.

The last loot box I opened gave me enough gold to buy a rare skin for my main, Tracer. This decision is much, MUCH harder than I thought it would be.

Should I go Sporty or Posh?

Well, I've played 70 hours and only have 1 legendary I actually wanted from drops, so I wouldn't say it's "easy.". And it can take quite a while to save up enough to buy even 1 legendary. I think the boxes are just fun to open, and that certainly helps. It doesn't feel like a total rip-off like Valve's crate systems do.

OVDRobo

If you join an in progress game it's basically guaranteed you're joining a side that's getting stomped. There need to be harsher penalties for leaving.

Let's just spread the lie that for each time you quit, your next loot box is guaranteed to be WWBW. Less quitters and no one will ever be able to tell anyway.

Haines

Banned
Well, I've played 70 hours and only have 1 legendary I actually wanted from drops, so I wouldn't say it's "easy.". And it can take quite a while to save up enough to buy even 1 legendary. I think the boxes are just fun to open, and that certainly helps. It doesn't feel like a total rip-off like Valve's crate systems.

Wierd. I have gotten 3 leg skins and enough gold to pick one of my own. I'm only lvl 40.

They have zero effect on the enjoyment of the game and you literally earn them by playing.

Paying for frickn voice clips and sprays is just pissing money out the door.

But don't let me stop anyone. I will enjoy the free dlc when it comes because of the system.

Grief.exe

Got the achievement for 20 kill streak last night as my boy Roadhog.

The last loot box I opened gave me enough gold to buy a rare skin for my main, Tracer. This decision is much, MUCH harder than I thought it would be.

The default tracer skin is the best one, It's iconic.

Edwardo

I like/use the purple and white Punk one. I forget what it's called.

Rad-

Double healer works so well in this game. Guys if you are already for example Lucio and someone chooses Mercy, don't switch heroes! Lucio and Mercy is almost auto win. Lucio and Lucio also works you just have to coordinate a bit. I feel like I get 90% win rate with this team combo: Lucio, Mercy, Reinhardt, Winston/Zarya, McCree and Soldier/Junkrat/Pharah.

Craazyville

Neo Member
It's crazy hard to play as Mercy when most of your team don't have your back, yeah that gun is powerful and all, but being a top priority target will send you to spawn camp everytime, Reaper and Tracer are a real nightmare because they are the most commons heroes that'll get rid of you in no time, even if you're aware of their presences,damn them.

I can't agree more, it sucks when I'm trying to heal while getting shot and my "healee" does nothing to assist me...it usually dooms us both

That would totally ruin Quickplay. It'd just be non-stop leaving the moment a team shows some weakness. The winners wouldn't have fun against a steadily collapsing opponent. Every person who's put into the losing team would also leave and get frustrated by the experience (as shown here).

Unless you're also advocating a "win by no-contest" clause?

I mean when you have games as an attacker and you get a gold medal for OBJ time by being only 5 seconds on site, those times is when I wish there was a surrender button.

Frimaire

So how do people normally get that achievement for destroying 3 Symmetra teleporters in one game?
The only reason I got it was because I got matched up against a team of 5 Symmetras...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Double healer works so well in this game. Guys if you are already for example Lucio and someone chooses Mercy, don't switch heroes! Lucio and Mercy is almost auto win. Lucio and Lucio also works you just have to coordinate a bit.

I've noticed this as well. Or 2 good tanks from what I have seen.

A lot of people are killing with Pharah but I have no clue how to use her and struggle to even kill and move around.

It helps if you've played a lot of TF2 Soldier. You need to really learn how to lead your rockets and anticipate peoples' movement. While on the ground, jump and fire at the ground right in front of people. Much easier to do splash damage that way.
You don't always want to be in the air. On maps where you can use buildings as cover like Ilios, it's good to fly around. In maps where you'll just be floating around, it's easy to be killed by 76 or Widowmaker. You need to surprise people and support your team from above and behind, not just float around dropping rockets on people until Widowmaker shoots you. Always keep track of your cooldowns. Firing concussive blast at the ground in front of you or on the wall next to you can launch you to safety if your launch is on cooldown or you're in an area with a low ceiling.

nOoblet16

Double healer works so well in this game. Guys if you are already for example Lucio and someone chooses Mercy, don't switch heroes! Lucio and Mercy is almost auto win. Lucio and Lucio also works you just have to coordinate a bit.
Double Lucio in KoTH automatically makes it twice as hard for the enemy team to win.

NEVER use speed unless you want to get your team back to the fight, escape an ult or escape death yourself.
It fucks up your teammates aim, especially if you switch back and forth between heal and speed.

Heal from both Lucio won't stack but it will cover a large area if you both decide to spread out, big enough for everyone to be constantly healing all the time.

Salarians

It's nice to not care for most of the legendaries. Heck, I have a couple alternate colors for Torbjorn but I'm still using the red because I think it looks best.

The downside is that when I finally do see that gold disc flying out of a box, I'll already know it's not going to be one of the few I actually want. I'm not even using the two legendaries I have (one from a level up, one from the $2 I spent). Saving up the credits is going to take a while at the rate I'm going.

BigDug13

Junkrat got you feeling down? Can't push forward because you're scared of exploding?

Have I got the solution for you! His name is Roadhog, and he likes to hook stuff. You can hook Junkrats running about. You can hook Flying Pharahs in the sky. You can hook wall grinding Lucios and even warping Tracers. You can even hook stun the tire and one shot it. Monkeys jumping about? Hook em'! Lucio push you off a cliff? Hook em' down with you! Widowmaker and Hanzo in the distance? Hook em' and cook em'! Just make sure you don't hook Zarya because she's no fun.

Lucio doesn't die to hooking unless his sonic boom is on cool down. As soon as I arrive in Roadhog's face he gets popped away several feet and I take minimal damage. But if it's on cool down, yeah that's a death.

Xeteh

Lucio doesn't die to hooking unless his sonic boom is on cool down. As soon as I arrive in Roadhog's face he gets popped away several feet and I take minimal damage. But if it's on cool down, yeah that's a death.

Roadhog gets to shoot before you knock back.

Plum

It's nice to not care for most of the legendaries. Heck, I have a couple alternate colors for Torbjorn but I'm still using the red because I think it looks best.

The downside is that when I finally do see that gold disc flying out of a box, I'll already know it's not going to be one of the few I actually want. I'm not even using the two legendaries I have (one from a level up, one from the $2 I spent). Saving up the credits is going to take a while at the rate I'm going.

I've had one legendary so far, the black Mariachi Reaper. It's such a great skin it's a shame I never use the guy.

nOoblet16

Roadhog can actually shoot while he is pulling you in, Just ever so slightly before you can get out of stun.

Most players wait for the enemy to be right in front of them before they shoot that won't work with Lucio or Genji.

A lot of people are killing with Pharah but I have no clue how to use her and struggle to even kill and move around.

Play Pharrah like you would a Direct Hit Soldier in TF2. She has splash damage, but most of her damage comes from hitting people instead of feet. Her abilities are pretty straightforward. She can use her concussion missile as a movement tech for a speed boost. If there are snipers around, try not to stay in the sky longer than you have to, etc.

If you're good at TF2 Soldier, however, you'll find that she's rather boring.

Xeteh

Hmm weird. All the Roadhogs I've faced have waited until I arrived in his face to shoot and by then I'm unstunned and pushing him back.

There's a split second where you can shoot once they get there before the player can react. Its really noticeable with Mei because unless they react slow I always take damage before I can iceblock and that is with me mashing on shift as soon as I'm hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom