• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

https://youtu.be/Pz392-V0oOM

giphy.gif

I got into one where it gave me the loss before I even picked my character.

Xeteh

What's the general consensus on Mei around here?

I found her to be the one I've had the most fun with so far. But I've noticed she's quite situational. Being very useful on Defense missions on certain stages, and straight up garbage on others.

I think Mei works in any mode/map but she's ineffective vs certain characters. If a team is playing a Bastion (or two) and turtling hard with it, then you're better served switching heroes. Otherwise, Mei fits in most situations.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They should remove penalization from leaving games, hopefully they remove it from quickplay games once ranked is patched into the game.

That would totally ruin Quickplay. It'd just be non-stop leaving the moment a team shows some weakness. The winners wouldn't have fun against a steadily collapsing opponent. Every person who's put into the losing team would also leave and get frustrated by the experience (as shown here).

Unless you're also advocating a "win by no-contest" clause?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Mei works in any mode/map but she's ineffective vs certain characters. If a team is playing a Bastion (or two) and turtling hard with it, then you're better served switching heroes. Otherwise, Mei fits in most situations.

I dunno, it depends. I've certainly won games by ice walling their turrets/bastion encampment but these are pretty bad players who don't think to just move from their spot.

Got OW2 today, thanks for the answers to my post asking for some suggestions about the game.

It's easy to get into, did some training with bots and dropped into some matches.

Interesting game, Mercy really shines on a balanced team.

Also, Mei can also be super-useful slowing down attacks.

As for Hanzos, man screw them and their definitive attacks.

Dad

I've lost so many overtime games because half of the team is there but they're all just tepidly shooting from the sidelines instead of trying to touch the objective. Running to the objective and immediately dying is better than outright losing the match you dorks

Pharah and Reinhardt are both mediocre choices against Bastion. Choose somebody better.

no i mean. we were a bit far. i was lucio actually hitting it. idk where the fuck pharah was at but she didn't clear the path for the payload. i was about to switch to her but it would have been a long walk to get back lol
actually. idk what the other team was doing tbh.

nOoblet16

It's been said before, but people need to stop with this tiers nonsense. Tiers only matter on the Pro Level, which does not apply to most of the matches going on in Overwatch.
Exactly...people play differently in pro scene. Some heroes like Hanzo get taken out quickly due to being high priority leading to them not getting as many kills and being picked as much..which results in lower tier.

But that doesn't mean it's gonna be the same in pubs...it won't be the same even in pugs.

Sure people will see pro teams using 2 McCree and copy it but it won't be the same because they will play different still...with different priorities.

Stoof

I've had two matches where we didn't get a 6th person throughout the whole game. And of course one of the five people left was a Hanzo.

Xeteh

I dunno, it depends. I've certainly won games by ice walling their turrets/bastion encampment but these are pretty bad players who don't think to just move from their spot.

Walling isn't a solution though, especially for Bastion. He can tear through the wall very quickly and still shoot and Mei can't exactly fight either Bastion or a turret unless she has her ultimate. They both counter Mei pretty hard unless they're special and let you snipe them slowly with her alt fire. Might as well swap to something a bit more effective.

Just left a match where someone on our team demanded that their Pharah get a pocket Mercy or else they were switching to Widowmaker, which, like, who put you in charge of everyone? And then when we lost they blamed it on the Mercy for not healing them exclusively, and again, fuck you buddy. So then the next round that person and the Mercy they were hounding both switch to snipers and when we lose that one too (two Reinhardts and a Zarya, definitely sniper fodder) the SAME PERSON is all "glad we had an awesome Widow."

Never seen someone so entitled in a match before. Yikes.

LiK

Death from Above trophy get and I wasn't even trying for it. Killed dat Zarya with regular missles before I landed woot

Craazyville

Neo Member
So I play mostly with Mercy.....do you appreciate when I show up and randomly heal you?

I reason that I'm decent at the healing part and the alt damage boost....I just want to make sure that my occasional kill and horrible k/d is acceptable when I'm dishing out the heals

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Exactly...people play differently in pro scene. Some heroes like Hanzo get taken out quickly due to being high priority leading to them not getting as many kills and being picked as much..which results in lower tier.

But that doesn't mean it's gonna be the same in pubs...it won't be the same even in pugs.

Sure people will see pro teams using 2 McCree and copy it but it won't be the same because they will play different still...with different priorities.

Having my reinhardt melted by a flashbang combo is still annoying even in pubs.

Dad

So I play mostly with Mercy.....do you appreciate when I show up and randomly heal you?

I reason that I'm decent at the healing part and the alt damage boost....I just want to make sure that my occasional kill and horrible k/d is acceptable when I'm dishing out the heals

Nothing makes me spam the thanks emote more than being saved by a clutch Mercy

Your K/D as Mercy literally doesn't matter. If you're healing me at all, great. If you save me from certain death, I love you forever.

Healing people is your job! You're doing your job! I can't imagine why people WOULDN'T appreciate you, unless you're only healing one person on the team ever.

Sent out some more invites on the PC list. Impressive # of signups! bigwinnerx#1750 on Americas.

My most played are Lucio/Mercy/Pharah/Rein depending on map if that matters on acceptance of my invite or not. :)

Also, on topic, was in a match with a Lucio who never once switched over to heal. Just skated around on the point while 5 of us are standing there needing health. Good gracious.

nOoblet16

Having my reinhardt melted by a flashbang combo is still annoying even in pubs.
That's more to do with McCree himself being OP.

But when someone disregards a hero and says they are a "non factor" because pro teams consider them low tlor while at the same time they are pretty dominant in pub/pug games then that's just incorrect.

nOoblet16

I don't think there's anything more infuriating than watching your teammate respawn and run past your teleporter.
Maybe they are saving it for slower heroes.
I won't take a teleporter if I am playing Genji unless there is a team battle already going on that I died from.

botty

Banned
I've lost so many overtime games because half of the team is there but they're all just tepidly shooting from the sidelines instead of trying to touch the objective. Running to the objective and immediately dying is better than outright losing the match you dorks

I wish this game had a Team Death Match mode.... people are way too stupid in this game for everything to be objective based. I just want to do my own thing in this game so i don't have to rely on idiots who never switch or work towards the goal.

Unless they are below 25% then what are they even doing?

Depends on the team, I think. If everyone's busy doing their own thing (read: getting shot in back alleys without backup) then I don't know what a Mercy or Lucio's going to be able to do about it. If people are kind of grouped up, though, you might have a case.

nOoblet16

What's the counter to Bastion+Reinhardt+Mercy?
Junkbag, Tracer Ult, Reaper ult and to some degree Genji but you'll have to take then down one at a time starting from Bastion then Mercy (but quickly) then maybe leave Reinhardt for others or take him down if you're feeling pro.

I don't think there's anything more infuriating than watching your teammate respawn and run past your teleporter.
No. What's more infuriating is having a Widowmaker or Bastion use your teleporter and decide that spot is where they'll snipe from.

I'm actually putting effort into hiding my teleporter you dumb shits. Go find somewhere else to get your fucking kills.

I find Symmetra and Reinhardt to be my favorite characters so far.

They can completely turn around matches in your favor, I love it.

With Symmetra, if you position the teleporter just right defending becomes a breeze... Love that character!

wamberz1

What the hell is going on.
I feel like i've lost like 80% of my matches since I got back. I'm doing way shittier than during the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom