• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Why do people want to neuter Mccree? People will just use Pharah who is more annoying with her flying and her ult seems to charge faster.

Xeteh

A tracer trying to take it out a nest is stupidity and i maintain by that fact. Moving forward as a team will always be stronger.

Wow, what is it like to have an opinion and just claim it fact without actually listening to other people? Can you say it is a fact that pizza will stop causing my stomach to hurt because today sucks.

Why do people want to neuter Mccree? People will just use Pharah who is more annoying with her flying and her ult seems to charge faster.

Because Pharah can't kill a tank in the time it takes her to fly up in the air.

Plum

A tracer trying to take it out a nest is stupidity and i maintain by that fact. Moving forward as a team will always be stronger.

It's not when nobody's capable of taking the turrets out themselves. If it didn't work I wouldn't try it (and usually succeed). You just need to be very fast on your toes and aim well, if you don't then yeah, you're toast.

Sora_N

Gotta lead your targets bro, no need to be up in the air constantly either.

Ez. Just rain justice from above.

It helps if you've played a lot of TF2 Soldier. You need to really learn how to lead your rockets and anticipate peoples' movement. While on the ground, jump and fire at the ground right in front of people. Much easier to do splash damage that way.
You don't always want to be in the air. On maps where you can use buildings as cover like Ilios, it's good to fly around. In maps where you'll just be floating around, it's easy to be killed by 76 or Widowmaker. You need to surprise people and support your team from above and behind, not just float around dropping rockets on people until Widowmaker shoots you. Always keep track of your cooldowns. Firing concussive blast at the ground in front of you or on the wall next to you can launch you to safety if your launch is on cooldown or you're in an area with a low ceiling.

Play Pharrah like you would a Direct Hit Soldier in TF2. She has splash damage, but most of her damage comes from hitting people instead of feet. Her abilities are pretty straightforward. She can use her concussion missile as a movement tech for a speed boost. If there are snipers around, try not to stay in the sky longer than you have to, etc.

If you're good at TF2 Soldier, however, you'll find that she's rather boring.

Thanks guys. Just need practice.

I never learned soldier in tf2 sadly.

abundant

Satch

Banned

he's getting nerfed so he doesnt kill tanks as fast

pharah has 200 hp. mccree will still be able to shoot her out of the air and will presumably still be able to kill her in one fan just like before lol xD

nOoblet16

So I got called a HaxX0r and reported while playing as Genji...my life is complete.

tOga9Vq.jpg

Demoskinos

She's got to pick her spots but Tracer should generally never be with her team. She's an assassin. She should be picking off stragglers running back from the enemy spawn and in general flanking their ranks and causing chaos.

pigeon

Banned
Which tank is going to take out a turret nest?

Literally anything going into a turret nest will die.

If you're talking about Torb turrets, every single tank can take one out. Probably two if played right.

If you're talking about Bastions, it's a little harder. Genji is probably the right pick for that.

charsace

Wow, what is it like to have an opinion and just claim it fact without actually listening to other people? Can you say it is a fact that pizza will stop causing my stomach to hurt because today sucks.

Because Pharah can't kill a tank in the time it takes her to fly up in the air.

Have you been living under a rock all this time.

I use Mccree and Pharah. People love to go up high and pop her ult, but it can be effective still without a jump if you aim correctly.

Where is the Battle.net FL? I want to add ppl.

Mccgree is the face to face offensive hero. He slow for his class and lacks movement options. He has a harder time sneaking up on teams.

Xeteh

I use Mccree and Pharah. People love to go up high and pop her ult, but it can be effective still without a jump if you aim correctly.

Where is the Battle.net FL? I want to add ppl.

That has nothing to do with McCree being stupidly strong.

My point was in the time Pharah flies up McCree can kill a tank by Flash, Fan, Roll, Fan. Only other hero that can kill a tank in the same speed without an ult is Bastion and he's a turret.

Wanderer5

Had some nice rounds with Lucio and Symmetra today, woot support!:p

Was pretty nasty as Symmetra in king of the hill as I was taking out enemies left and right on the control points, especially the one in the greece ruins where I got PotG.

Also man got some folks that can get salty at bastion heh.

charsace

My point was in the time Pharah flies up McCree can kill a tank by Flash, Fan, Roll, Fan. Only other hero that can kill a tank in the same speed without an ult is Bastion and he's a turret.

Did you forget about Reaper? He wrecks anything when he is close to them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
McCree's close range burst being as high as Reaper's is part of the issue.

liezryou

Lmao, if only the game was balanced around who was more annoying. Pharah is not OP by any stretch of the mind, a decent sniper will absolutely wreck her.

Mccree however just does too damn much. He has a aoe thrown stun (which i just found out in a recent game if you throw above reinheart's shield, it stuns him), insane low range burst damage in a huge aoe, great long range damage almost up to the point where u can snipe with him, a damage evasion coupled with a reload, etc.

I feel i could go on forever but the point is pretty obvious. He is just too damn good across the board. He is the one size fits all answer to everything. This is too much for any one class/hero.

Hex

Banned

The roll is not immediately ready by the time you flash and fan.
In fact if you flash and fan you are ass up in the air for a moment and you have no super mobility to get you out.
Not only that, you still have to make sure that you are packing at least 5 shots if not 6.
McCree is not a superman, his timers are staggered where competent opponents will make you meat if you are not perfect.
Some are just really good with him, as some are really good with other toons.
(Not me lol)

nigga in game told me to get gud

got 40 eliminations, 78 direct rocket hits with Pharah

won the game, told them to hold my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Dr. Buni

Had some nice rounds with Lucio and Symmetra today, woot support!:p

Was pretty nasty as Symmetra in king of the hill as I was taking out enemies left and right on the control points, especially the one in the ruins where I got PotG.

Also man got some folks that can get salty at bastion heh.
Nice avatar!

Speaking of Symmetra, I had a weirdly funny POTG as her a few minutes ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiidUutcuyg
At least Reaper doesn't have a stun... Not that it matters much.

Xeteh

He's supposed to be strong against tanks but he isn't immune to dying himself. McCree kills tanks in a stun, you can at least fight back against Reaper. McCree is supposed to use his stun for killing fast heroes like Tracer/Genji or flankers not melt tanks in a split second.

You can argue it if you want but Blizzard has already said they think he does too much damage to tanks.

The roll is not immediately ready by the time you flash and fan.
In fact if you flash and fan you are ass up in the air for a moment and you have no super mobility to get you out.
Not only that, you still have to make sure that you are packing at least 5 shots if not 6.
McCree is not a superman, his timers are staggered where competent opponents will make you meat if you are not perfect.
Some are just really good with him, as some are really good with other toons.
(Not me lol)

... what? Are you saying he can't kill tanks if he doesn't have his cooldowns up? What does that even mean?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
McCree's close range burst being as high as Reaper's is part of the issue.

Reaper feels like he's in a depressing spot compared to McFan.

Armor fucks him over so badly, too. Damn near cuts his DPS in half while McCree just loses 5 damage of his Peacekeeper shot.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Because he's borderline broken he's so OP, he needs to be balanced. No one comes close to McCree, there a reason you see 1 - 2 McCree's on both teams in competitive matches, he can do everything and he's very easy to play at a high level.

KOTH maps have a ton of geometry that is never used. The indoor point in Lijiang Tower has a whole dark room with stairs to a second floor that leads to that little balcony overlooking the point where Pharahs sometimes shoot from. Those rooms are almost always empty. I mean, obviously it's because people are on the point at all times but still, quite a lot of map that goes unused.

Sometimes you get paired with a group of people that use two Widowmakers, a Bastion, and a Torbjorn on an attack and move the payload map.

Then sometimes you get paired with a group of people who know exactly what they're doing and rinse the opponent in under 5 minutes on Temple of Anubis and completely destroy the competition.

Public games are risky as fuck.

Dr. Buni

KOTH maps have a ton of geometry that is never used. The indoor point in Lijiang Tower has a whole dark room with stairs to a second floor that leads to that little balcony overlooking the point where Pharahs sometimes shoot from. Those rooms are almost always empty. I mean, obviously it's because people are on the point at all times but still, quite a lot of map that goes unused.
I like putting turrets (Torbjorn's) on that balcony, if the opponents don't have a Pharah (or until someone switches to her).
Thanks! I really like the askew highlight with her expressions as she fixing the screen, plus I adore her architect skin. Chibi Symmetra looks nice too.:p
Askew is the best of her intros, though my reality is a close second. Thanks.

billeh

Sometimes you get paired with a group of people that use two Widowmakers, a Bastion, and a Torbjorn on an attack and move the payload map.

Then sometimes you get paired with a group of people who know exactly what they're doing and rinse the opponent in under 5 minutes on Temple of Anubis and completely destroy the competition.

Public games are risky as fuck.
I was about to get snarky about two Torbjorns on Ilios .. But those nasty little Swedes made me eat crow.

charsace

Pharah is less team dependent than Mccree and can change the tide of the game more so than he can. More of the map is open to her, she can level turrets from anywhere she can see them, and can smash groups with rockets if the person using her moves well.

LiK

I absolutely love that you can earn the dlc by playing and yet people spend money to unlock it instead.

It just proves you can lock anything down in a game and people will feel the need to hand over money noattwr how easy it is to get.

Whatever. I'm glad they offer the ability for people to buy it because the higher level you go, the slower you level up and the slower you get the loot boxes. Sorry, but I don't have time to grind and I have a job so if I have the money to buy them, I will. If you have time to grind, good for you.

Because he's borderline broken he's so OP, he needs to be balanced. No one comes close to McCree, there a reason you see 1 - 2 McCree's on both teams in competitive matches, he can do everything and he's very easy to play at a high level.

What I would do to McCree. Remove fan the hammer. make it so flashbangs allow you to move but not shoot unless they throw it at your head.

Xeteh

Pharah is less team dependent than Mccree and can change the tide of the game more so than he can. More of the map is open to her, she can level turrets from anywhere she can see them, and can smash groups with rockets if the person using her moves well.

Yeah, you're right. We're all wrong. That is why there is a McCree in every game and most competitive teams run two of them.

I can't believe Blizzard hasn't seen the truth of the matter yet.

Pharah is less team dependent than Mccree and more change the tide of the game than him. More of the map is open to her, she can level turrets from anywhere she can see them, and can smash groups with rockets if the person using her moves well.

Yeah, I find I can always make a contribution with her, and my last session I decided to say fuck it and played as her whenever I could (except on a defense on a map where Symmetra could shine) instead of worrying about being the one to switch for team balance. Had an absolutely glorious run, including one match where I knocked out 5 of the 6 enemies to contribute to a Team Kill. Once you learn how to lead your targets, and recognize which characters are your real threats and blow them up first, Pharah is an absolute beast.

charsace

What I would do to McCree. Remove fan the hammer. make it so flashbangs allow you to move but not shoot unless they throw it at your head.

Remove fth and replace it with what? You would have to speed up his regular shot and increase the range to make him worthwhile. Without fth he would be terrible. Easily the worst offensive hero.

Plum

Personally I think they should just copy Call of Duty's example and have flashbangs blind you for a few seconds. That way you're essentially stunned but you have a chance of escape, and close-range tanks like Reinhardt and Roadhog will be able to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom