• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

I really hope that they somehow make it to where supports can get the play of the game when they deserve it.

I know it would probably be difficult, but I have made some absolutely game changing plays with Lucio/Winston that most definitely lead our team to victory, yet the play of the game always goes to a triple kill or something. There's hardly any point in having the cool highlight intros for the support characters at the moment because they don't even get them.

At least they have that like thing in the post game that usually highlights them. That's neat.

all the dva fanarts of her eating doritos and drinking mountain dew are so funny
its the best thing to come out of dva fanaticism, lord knows they havent contributed anything else

the truth of this :wow:

I got 40 eliminations with the bae Pharah today Satch

Xeteh

Quesiton: which way do people come out of the teleport when you're Symmetra? Where you're facing when you set it, or towards you?

The side facing Symmetra, you can see arrows before you lay the teleporter. I'll see if I can find the screenshot I took the other day.

1yrnL5j.jpg

Grisby

I absolutely love that you can earn the dlc by playing and yet people spend money to unlock it instead.

It just proves you can lock anything down in a game and people will feel the need to hand over money noattwr how easy it is to get.
I wouldn't say it's easy, especially for people with other life responsibilities and don't have the time to grind.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that you can earn it, but I wish there was still a way to earn a few more coins here and there.

jacobs34

I really need to add a Genji and/or Widowmaker to my repertoire, if for no other reason than to carry teams in solo que when needed.

Tieske

Neo Member
I'm not saying Mccree is not good. I'm just saying Pharah is just as good. She is a monster in the right hands. I am not even good at this game and I can easily go 2:1 with her in matches. Quake and UT guys probably wreck shop with her.

Pharah is a pretty low tier hero currently as widowmaker, who is an s-tier hero (barring some map with poor sightlines) shuts her down completely. Without the counter, she's a solid and balanced hero

The reason why mccree is so obscene is that he is the most effective counter to fast flankers and win 1 v 1s, on top of shredding tanks and an insane ult that denies entire lines of sight for 50% ult charge.

They dont even compare, honestly. Pharah is specialized and excells at dealing with short range chars ; mccree is great at anything that isnt sparring with snipers

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I wouldn't say it's easy, especially for people with other life responsibilities and don't have the time to grind.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool that you can earn it, but I wish there was still a way to earn a few more coins here and there.

Yeah, I've been keeping track.

I'm on level 29, with about 20 hours into the game.

So far, I haven't unlocked a single legendary. I have unlocked just shy of 1,000 coins between drops and duplicates - the cost of one legendary.

I've also spent about $34 on boxes, and with that, have collected another ~1,400 coins.

So even with money, the odds are you're gonna have to spend about ~100 hours on the game just to unlock five or so of your favorite legendaries - that's not even one legendary for 1/4th of the cast of heroes.

Money helps - but even then, you're not rewarded for being cheap.

The drop rates - at least in my very narrow experience - are pretty low.

EDIT: Fwiw, while I would like better drop rates (or a way to guarantee/purchase certain items), I have no problem with the implementation here. It's all cosmetic. So long as their post-game support is very good - regular updates for at leas the next couple years, including maps and heroes - I'm a happy camper.

Pharah is a pretty low tier hero currently as widowmaker, who is an s-tier hero (barring some map with poor sightlines) shuts her down completely. Without the counter, she's a solid and balanced hero

The reason why mccree is so obscene is that he is the most effective counter to fast flankers and win 1 v 1s, on top of shredding tanks and an insane ult that denies entire lines of sight for 50% ult charge.

They dont even compare, honestly. Pharah is specialized and excells at dealing with short range chars ; mccree is great at anything that isnt sparring with snipers

Widow and McCree are S tier but Pharah is easily A tier not low tier at all.

BeesEight

all the dva fanarts of her eating doritos and drinking mountain dew are so funny
its the best thing to come out of dva fanaticism, lord knows they havent contributed anything else

Unrelated but apparently my friend and I played against you yesterday and you kept killing him as Mercy on Li Jiang.

Small world we live in.

So I was just in a Lijang Tower where the opposing team went Quad Winston with 2 Lucio's. Worked on the initial push to cap the point, but my pubbie team was smart enough to pick some Anti-Winston tech with a couple of Reapers and a Zenyatta, and we slayed some monkeys.

Next round they tried double sniper no healer on KOTH. Went as poorly as you'd expect that to go as well.

Had a game earlier where I moved the payload to the finish as Tracer just sitting on it. My team was pinning the other down so well that I just sat and won the game for us. Was pretty funny.

Gorillaz

I really hope that they somehow make it to where supports can get the play of the game when they deserve it.

I know it would probably be difficult, but I have made some absolutely game changing plays with Lucio/Winston that most definitely lead our team to victory, yet the play of the game always goes to a triple kill or something. There's hardly any point in having the cool highlight intros for the support characters at the moment because they don't even get them.

At least they have that like thing in the post game that usually highlights them. That's neat.

Said it in the beta but unless they overwork the POTG I think it's useless. Want people to play a bit more of each class but barely see support up there on the big screen

Support Class stays getting disrespected

JTripper

Played my first game as Zarya and completely carried the payload by myself. I was the only one on it the whole match and we somehow won. Either my team wiped the other team clean ahead of me or the other team was just straight trash. Either way I got almost 3:30 objective time without dying and it was rad.

R0ckman

What the hell is the point of saying your ultimate is ready hearing people respond that there's is ready for a combo yet you are just going to panic use it? Even when strategizing randoms suck.

Squire

Banned
Or have map voting.

And have an extra step that takes another thirty seconds? I'm good.

Honestly, one of the best traits of the game - or at least Quick Play - is you're only concern is your hero (and hopefully the overall team comp). Picking a mode, picking a map, and then picking a hero? That adds up. I like how quickly you get in an out now.

What tier is Roadhog?

I would say B or due to his lower utility in comparison to other tanks.

Hard to say I think. He is very strong but the other team will build ult meter from shooting him. Also the magic of his hook comes from it having near top priority in server side code so if comp uses high tick rate servers he could be harder.

abundant

So I was just in a Lijang Tower where the opposing team went Quad Winston with 2 Lucio's. Worked on the initial push to cap the point, but my pubbie team was smart enough to pick some Anti-Winston tech with a couple of Reapers and a Zenyatta, and we slayed some monkeys.

Next round they tried double sniper no healer on KOTH. Went as poorly as you'd expect that to go as well.

Multiple Winstons is probably one of the easiest things to counter. We went up against 5 Winstons and a Mercy on Watch Point: Gibraltar, and they managed to capture the first two check points without much resistance because we weren't expecting it. We changed to Reaper, McCree, and Bastion, completely shutting them down and forcing them to change strategy.

Peff

What the hell is the point of saying your ultimate is ready hearing people respond that there's is ready for a combo yet you are just going to panic use it? Even when strategizing randoms suck.

Because it's not really used as an attempt to strategize, but rather as a "I'm going to use it, try to take advantage" warning button.

Tieske

Neo Member
Widow and McCree are S tier but Pharah is easily A tier not low tier at all.

http://www.planetoverwatch.org/12-overwatch-tier-list-and-hero-meta-report-the-payload-report

Pretty low usage rate, despite lower amount of widowmaker picks than weeks before

Super volatile meta still of course, but with these swings i think pharah will be sitting nicely in between top and lower tears.

What tier is Roadhog?

I would say B or due to his lower utility in comparison to other tanks.

Yeah, he's got some pretty nasty bugs affecting the position of hooked targets (where they land can vary), but he deals pretty nicely with Winston in particular

And have an extra step that takes another thirty seconds? I'm good.

Honestly, one of the best traits of the game - or at least Quick Play - is you're only concern is your hero (and hopefully the overall team comp). Picking a mode, picking a map, and then picking a hero? That adds up. I like how quickly you get in an out now.

That's fine for quick play, but competitive rank better have a map voting/banning.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
losing to a torbjorn on KOTH feels bad man ;_;

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
http://www.planetoverwatch.org/12-overwatch-tier-list-and-hero-meta-report-the-payload-report

Pretty low usage rate, despite lower amount of widowmaker picks than weeks before

Super volatile meta still of course, but with these swings i think pharah will be sitting nicely in between top and lower tears.

Yeah, he's got some pretty nasty bugs affecting the position of hooked targets (where they land can vary), but he deals pretty nicely with Winston in particular

It's not just Widow though, McCree is also really good against Pharah.

Nah, you clearly missed the discussion that she's stronger than McCree.
Wtf.

She certainly can kill him, and is one of my preferred ways to kill him, but she's not a stronger overall hero, since you know, she doesn't tear a tank apart in two seconds. Plus a good McCree can actually probably shoot her down.

Xeteh

Wtf.

She certainly can kill him, and is one of my preferred ways to kill him, but she's not a stronger overall hero, since you know, she doesn't tear a tank apart in two seconds. Plus a good McCree can actually probably shoot her down.

It was too dumb to repeat.

R0ckman

Because it's not really used as an attempt to strategize, but rather as a "I'm going to use it, try to take advantage" warning button.

That would make sense too but its not used like that, they just say "my ult is ready" after another wipe, then panic use it and thats it. They dont check if the group is with them so whats the point?

charsace

Seems that people don't understand what the medals are. Apparently a lot of people think they mean that the player got a bunch of personal bests.

I give up. You think what you want. Pharah is trash when there's one decent Widowmaker on the other team so until she gets nerfed Pharah won't be picked much just like she is now.

Not while Widowmaker is in the game the way she is.

widowmaker is hard on everyone that isn't reindhardt and roadhogg. Mccree isn't doing well against her either.

Tieske

Neo Member
That's because of allowing duplicate picks. Pharah and Soldier are high tier dps heroes.

Well thats kind of a copout right? The alternatives for mid range deeps are literally only those 2 heros (Well, junkrat is there i suppose). Besides, we dont know how universal rulesets will play out so i dont think its fair to say she's a-tier. Thats like saying mercy and lucio are s-tier supports

Squire

Banned
That's fine for quick play, but competitive rank better have a map voting/banning.

It's pretty clear at this point Ranked needs to be its own beast. I'm curious to see how they respond to the mets in general though, since quick games alone are already getting on people's nerves and for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom