• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDCowboy

So after a few hours of playing today, I noticed almost nobody playing McCree in my matches. The completely opposite of most days. Not that I'm complaining. lol

Remove fth and replace it with what? You would have to speed up his regular shot and increase the range to make him worthwhile. Without fth he would be terrible. Easily the worst offensive hero.

I'd be okay with this because that's what I thought he would be in the first place. fan the hammer does way too much damage for very little effort.

Plum

I keep trying to experiment with new characters, but I always find myself jumping back to Reaper, I have so much fun with him.

I always want to experiment with new characters but they're always taken or I need to go back to tank or support since nobody's picked them. Maybe I should just stop caring about winning and have fun, doesn't seem many other people are.

21 Elimination streak with Junkrat and POTG. Feels real gud.

Mercy was the real mvp

What are folks general thoughts on Junkrat? He is by far my best character. So much fun.

charsace

Yeah, you're right. We're all wrong. That is why there is a McCree in every game and most competitive teams run two of them.

I can't believe Blizzard hasn't seen the truth of the matter yet.

I'm not saying Mccree is not good. I'm just saying Pharah is just as good. She is a monster in the right hands. I am not even good at this game and I can easily go 2:1 with her in matches. Quake and UT guys probably wreck shop with her.

SDCowboy

Mercy was the real mvp

What are folks general thoughts on Junkrat? He is by far my best character. So much fun.

I think he's a neat character, but I'm terrible with him. Can't get kills to save my life.

R0ckman

Reaper feels like he's in a depressing spot compared to McFan.

Armor fucks him over so badly, too. Damn near cuts his DPS in half while McCree just loses 5 damage of his Peacekeeper shot.

I think more to Reapers damage on or maybe 25% more damage to sheilds would be good for Reaper.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Needs to stun though, its intended to mostly stop tracers/genjis

They could make it a massive snare so you can still fight back but Tracer would still be slow enough to counter. Fan also needs to do less damage so you can't instantly drop tanks but can still punish squishies.

Baliis

Should be on direct hit at the very least. It never misses which means he should 100% get the kill with fan the hammer.

Would be shit against tracer and Genji if you actually had to nail them right on though, which again by blizzards own words is the main point of flashbang. Flashbang isn't the problem, double fan the hammers is.

JimmyJones

Banned
I thought McCree was crap then I come on here and everyone's saying he's OP. I've got his Mystery Man costume as well, I'll need to give him a try. If they nerf him then he will be totally unusable. Is his stun combo really that OP?

As long as they tone mccree down before ranked hits, I'll be happy. I'd prefer to not see mccree in every single ranked match again.

I thought McCree was crap then I come on here and everyone's saying he's OP. I've got his Mystery Man costume as well, I'll need to give him a try. If they nerf him then he will be totally unusable. Is his stun combo really that OP?

For some reason sometimes people get that impression of mccree early on.

Xeteh

I'm not saying Mccree is not good. I'm just saying Pharah is just as good. She is a monster in the right hands. I am not even good at this game and I can easily go 2:1 with her in matches. Quake and UT guys probably wreck shop with her.

And yet you keep ignoring the point that McCree melts tanks instantly. Pharah can't do anything like that unless she uses her ultimate. Congrats, you can go 2:1 with Pharah that doesn't mean she's as good as another hero.

She's not bad but saying she's as good as McCree is insanity.

They're not nerfing Flashbang, they want him to continue to be the anti-flanking hero that specializes at killing the fast heroes that others have trouble with. They don't want him destroying tanks in a Flashbang, however.

Mercy was the real mvp

I have 13 hours on him. He is an absolute monster that can single handedly hold off pushes and check points.

You can kill any character in the game with stun + fth -> roll -> fth.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

Mercy was the real mvp

He's my best character as well, but I hate his ult. I like that he's great on offense and defense, similar to demoman in TF2.

MihowZa

Banned
I've played 63 games and still haven't seen two of the maps?!

Also, anywhere there's a list or something for GAFfers playing on PC? Team is good

LordofPwn

Had some great matches last night.
PotG with Junkrat nearly had me in tears and when it happened I knew it would be play of the game.

Had a match as widow where I was shutting down a tracer.

Got my 1st 20 kill streak and it was as torb.

My win% as lucio on control maps is absurdly high.

Got a 4-kill with High noon.

Was good shit. Trophies popping everywhere.

So is McCree actually getting a nerf, or is it just wished for?

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744794943?page=5#post-83

I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays.

Right. I think I wasn't clear enough. By saying 'its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets' I mean his flash/fan combo, not the flash itself. Fan is more likely to see changes than flash at this point.
- goodman (principle designer)

Iadien

I just got a gold medal in eliminations.

In Payload Attack.

With Reinhardt.

6 Kills.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I got 4 gold medals earlier as Zarya... not 1 vote for mvp. lol the vote at the end is so pointless, just move on to the next map. don't need to see that shit.

Peff

LIJIANG TOWER

2 SECONDS PASS

TWO TORBJORNS

ONE WIDOWMAKER

ONE HANZO

PnyHHdV.jpg

Satch

Banned
all the dva fanarts of her eating doritos and drinking mountain dew are so funny
its the best thing to come out of dva fanaticism, lord knows they havent contributed anything else

charsace

And yet you keep ignoring the point that McCree melts tanks instantly. Pharah can't do anything like that unless she uses her ultimate. Congrats, you can go 2:1 with Pharah that doesn't mean she's as good as another hero.

She's not bad but saying she's as good as McCree is insanity.

They're not nerfing Flashbang, they want him to continue to be the anti-flanking hero that specializes at killing the fast heroes that others have trouble with. They don't want him destroying tanks in a Flashbang, however.
Pharah can't wreck Roadhogg quickly. The other tanks she can take down pretty quick with speed and rock placement. Plus she can control and multi-kill groups, which Mccree can't do and Tracer is the other offensive hero who can do this though not as effective as Pharah. Her ult charges faster than Mccree. She can get around teams and smash them from behind like Tracer, genji, or reaper. Mcree has a much harder time getting behind teams because he moves slow, lacks a movement ability and you need to make sure you have fb which takes a while to recharge. Pharah can cut off areas of the map which other offensive heroes can't do.

Mccree has one focus and that is one on one confrontation. Pharah is also good at this while being good at other tasks. Once they patch Mccree Pharah will become the popular pick.

Xeteh

I got 4 gold medals earlier as Zarya... not 1 vote for mvp. lol the vote at the end is so pointless, just move on to the next map. don't need to see that shit.

Seems that people don't understand what the medals are. Apparently a lot of people think they mean that the player got a bunch of personal bests.

Pharah can't wreck Roadhogg quickly. The other tanks she can take down pretty quick with speed and rock placement. Plus she can control and multi-kill groups, which Mccree can't do and Tracer is the other offensive hero who can do this though not as effective as Pharah. Her ult charges faster than Mccree. She can get around teams and smash them from behind like Tracer, genji, or reaper. Mcree has a much harder time getting behind teams because he moves slow, lacks a movement ability and you need to make sure you have fb which takes a while to recharge. Pharah can cut off areas of the map which other offensive heroes can't do.

Mccree has one focus and that is one on one confrontation. Pharah is also good at this while being good at other tasks. Once they patch Mccree Pharah will become the popular pick.

I give up. You think what you want. Pharah is trash when there's one decent Widowmaker on the other team so until she gets nerfed Pharah won't be picked much just like she is now.

Rizzi

Sigh. The matchmaking in this game is horrible.
I sure love getting shoved in to completely one sided pub stomps. That's great fun.

Iadien

Speak for yourself. I like the medals and the voting after matches.

I didn't realize I was speaking for everyone. I don't mind the medals, but I think having a voting system in place that does absolutely nothing is pointless. Unless you like the kudos of people deciding to vote for you.

Better map rotation needed ASAP.

No kidding, I played Route 66 like 4 times in a row the other day.

Just did a Defend map where we had three offensive heroes and no tank or support. Thought for sure we were gonna get rinsed so I tried out Junkrat who I'd never played as before...and somehow we won? Shows how much I know.

Good. Flash isn't the problem. Fan just does a disgusting amount of damage. Combine that with a roll and a second fan and it doesn't even make any sense.

I would almost prefer they redesign the entire character's tools. The ult is fine. But maybe make his roll a lot stronger in terms of mobility (perhaps a 4 second cooldown) without the full reload, replace his right click with more aim based skill, and make flashbang do something other than stunning everyone hit.

Maybe his right click shoots a stronger shot that has a lot of damage drop off. I was thinking like an incendiary round. It does 70 damage up close but then an additional 30 damage over time. Something like that. Normal rate of fire. LMB is better at midrange due to less damage drop off.

Volodja

Not while Widowmaker is in the game the way she is.

LiK

Asshole Symmetra tried to make us fall off a cliff. I'm glad I looked before I walked. He was standing there waiting for us to fall. Idiot.

Xeteh

Asshole Symmetra tried to make us fall off a cliff. I'm glad I looked before I walked. He was standing there waiting for us to fall. Idiot.

That's what happens when people make videos of them doing this and the replies are "LOL SO HILARIOUS! WHAT A DICK MOVE BUT FUNNY LOL" Anyone that played TF2 would be tired of that shit years ago.

Everyone wants to be hilarious too.

Kinsei

Banned
I broke down and bought it due to all of the positive buzz. Here's hoping I'm not total trash at the game as the last PvP multiplayer shooter that I played without motion controls was TF2 back in 2012. Any beginner tips aside from what's in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom