• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawly

Just lost against 5 Tracers. People just don't know how to adept, do they. Oh well. I was ripping them apart with Pharah.

Regiruler

>unlocking crate
>sees purple, white, orange, and blue
>excitement
>d.va emote, reinhart line, legendary chest, duplicate skin

You know what, I'll take it. That's essentially two epics of any choice. Burned it into the white skin for zenyatta and symmetra's reality intro so people know they got bodied.
GAF what is your favorite map?

I like the Japanese and Egypt one for now.

Worst is the one in China.

Lijang tower is the best one.

Hanamura and Anubis absolutely suck by virtue of being A/D. There needs to be more points that are faster to capture, it feels too easy to steamroll or get blocked out, with so little in-between. King of the hill is a much better medium.

R0ckman

I just wish that it would incorporate more plays that are not ultimates. People with great aim just going on killing sprees and smartly outplaying the enemy. Those "Press Q" POTG get old real fast

I remember this really awesome multi kill one as Tracer where I blink strafed around a fleeing Lucio while continuing to shoot him, was basically like a bullet tornado lol. Lost it to a Pharah ult though :(

whyman

I was sure this wasent going to be a game for me. Wow I was totally wrong. I hate MOBA's, Team Fortress 2 was meh and ive never been a big Blizzard fan but this is fantastic. Pure fun.

Regiruler

I just wish that it would incorporate more plays that are not ultimates. People with great aim just going on killing sprees and smartly outplaying the enemy. Those "Press Q" POTG get old real fast

Play symmetra, wait to get a double kill with your turrets, and then use the auto laser for glory

Anyone having chat issues in group on pc? Happened to me yesterday and today, I would log on play a couple matches with friends then all of a sudden I can't hear them nor can they hear me. My mic is not muted and im sure im in the right chat room.

Staring to get why people are shitting on PotGs more and more. Just had one that was Junkrat killing 3 people with his ult and the end of the clip shows me as Mercy reviving everyone and making the whole play pointless.

It should've gone to a Pharah that got a triple kill with her ult, but no, had to go to a Junkrat that had his undone literally two seconds after he did it.

>It's yet another suicide Junkrat ultimate
mHKj0zI.png

Hex

Banned
One thing that I really hope you can disable in the future is when they put you in a match that has a minute and a half left.
I really hate being dumped in a match that is lopsided and unwinnable just in time to eat the loss.

Edit: As a pretty heavy Junkrat player, I would say one thing that could even him up would be that if he is killed he loses control of his tire immediately.
There are many times I guide my tire only to find out that I died.
Fair trade one death for two-four kills.

been playing Genji AKA NEON NiNJA like crazy, probably got like 18 hours on him now, with the next character below having like 7. Took a while to actually git gud, but man was it worth it. It's so much fun being a pain in the ass and distracting the enemy team while your teammates do objectives and shit

Dr. Buni

One thing that I really hope you can disable in the future is when they put you in a match that has a minute and a half left.
I really hate being dumped in a match that is lopsided and unwinnable just in time to eat the loss.
If it means anyfin, loses from late join matches don't show up on your profile.

LiK

Apparently, you don't get the Loss in your record and you get extra EXP for filling in.

I agree with Blizzard. While Mcree is great with dealing with Tracer, Genji, reaper, and even mei, he shouldn't be able to melt tanks the way he does.

Getting melted as Reinhardt or Dva by him is stupid.

^ Didn't know that. No wonder I'm still at like a 60% win ratio when I've lost so many watches only to be staring at a slow motion defeat screen 20 seconds later.

I agree with Blizzard. While Mcree is great with dealing with Tracer, Genji, reaper, and even mei, he shouldn't be able to melt tanks the way he does.

Getting melted as Reinhardt or Dva by him is stupid.

deflecting his flashbang right back at him or his ulti is one of the best feelings in the game. Any deflect one shot gives me a semi honestly.

KingClown

Ugh, gonna need to take a break for a bit and eat some dinner. Still no wins today, and I feel like I've been shitting it up with every character I've played so far. It's getting really frustrating and that's been affecting my game as well.

Don't mind me though, just venting a bit. I'm still having fun and stuff, but I've just been having a hard time today is all. :(

Zemm

Does Winston need a buff or am I just shit at playing with him?

More that once his playstyle clicks with someone then he's good. It takes people a while to realise how he should be played though because they think he's a tank that should be absorbing front line damage instead of jumping to squishy characters and being a disrupter.

who do you guys think is the first one gonna get hit with the nerf stick? As annoying as mcgree is, is he really imbalanced? Without that fucking flashbang, he'd be useless. Then again, I've only played like 20 mins of him. I can't handle characters in this game that walk slow as shit.

edit: good korean teams go dual winston and just jump into the backlines and try to kill your squishy characters. One leap does 100 damage each afaik, and they take turns putting up shields. Works really well when coordinated properly and annoying as fuck to play against.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who do you guys think is the first one gonna get hit with the nerf stick? As annoying as mcgree is, is he really imbalanced? Without that fucking flashbang, he'd be useless. Then again, I've only played like 20 mins of him. I can't handle characters in this game that walk slow as shit.

Blizzard already said its Mcree

Canucked

I had a whole team wrecked by a good Winston on Ilios. Made me want to try him. I feel like he's a character that needs some practice.

Demoskinos

Make the flashbang daze people so they can move around but not attack, and make Fan the Hammer a skill with a 10 second cooldown. Make his roll not reload his weapon but maybe shorten the cooldown a bit.

What I would do to McCree. Remove fan the hammer. make it so flashbangs allow you to move but not shoot unless they throw it at your head.

All that needs to be done to McCree is put a cooldown on his Fan Hammer. The Roll reload is fine as is the flashbang. The thing that is the issue is the fan roll fan that lets him melt tank heroes solo in seconds.

The Fan Hammer on its own is fine the broken thing about him is the way he can chain skills not any of the skills themselves.

Gorillaz

The only 2 things they mentioned were McCree nerf because they realized that he can pretty much fan the hammer and fuck up a tank without even trying

and D.VA getting a possible buff which is needed because she's this very weird spot where other heroes do her job but better

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was about to say "but right click attacks dont have cooldowns" and then remembered Lucio lol.

Dad

The only 2 things they mentioned were McCree nerf because they realized that he can pretty much fan the hammer and fuck up a tank without even trying

and D.VA getting a possible buff which is needed because she's this very weird spot where other heroes do her job but better

If her ult ends up going through walls I will never be ok again

Well whoever was playing with me a second ago randomly who recognized my name if you're on GAF hi. o/

I've gotten that a few times too. Small world I guess. My name isn't that recognizable.

Does Winston need a buff or am I just shit at playing with him?

Winston takes some time to master. Particularly when to hold em, and when to fold em...and where to place the shield so you are the only one inside.

I play 99% of the time with at least one other person and we try to coordinate with each other, but tonight I felt like playing solo.

nope, never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom