• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Think I'm on a 5x PotG streak on Anubis with Pharah. Girl is doing gods work.

lucky, no matter how well i do with her including getting ultimate kill streaks, someone else gets it cuz they happen to do something at the capture point or they did their ultimate right near the end instead. i don't care about POTGs when i'm solo but it feels good when you're in a group. lol

So, what's the counter for a 4 symmetry team on payload? Fucking turrets at every archway.

Edit: Also hooking someone to their death should count as an environmental kill

Jerm411

I'm a complete noob but I already can totally see why this game has the buzz it does...it's frickin awesome and a ton of fun to play.

A good Support def. makes a huge difference lol...started out using Junkrat a lot but I love Genji, his abilities and Ultimate are awesome.

who do you guys think is the first one gonna get hit with the nerf stick? As annoying as mcgree is, is he really imbalanced? Without that fucking flashbang, he'd be useless. Then again, I've only played like 20 mins of him. I can't handle characters in this game that walk slow as shit.

edit: good korean teams go dual winston and just jump into the backlines and try to kill your squishy characters. One leap does 100 damage each afaik, and they take turns putting up shields. Works really well when coordinated properly and annoying as fuck to play against.

They already said they're not going to nerf flashbang. The real problem is the fact he can do 420+25 damage (or another 420 worth of damage if you decide to roll and fan) again in the span of like 4 seconds. Again McCree can do 845 damage in like 4 seconds...dawg...what!?

Let's face it, vast majority of people don't use FTH outside of close range, they need to lower the damage each bullet in FTH from 70 to like...20 imo.

McCree shouldn't be able to melt tanks the way he does, sorry that's just poor design through and through.

B.O.O.M

As someone who played a good chunk as Torb..that turret needs to be nerfed a bit. At least the range..the thing is like a sniper rifle at times.

Also Symmetra is growing on me. On some maps she is dangerous as hell. I need to try and unlock her third POTG animation cz it looks badass

Love last ditch bastions on defense payload missions.

Usually my go-to when the attacking team is close to winning but there's not much time left. Had a team meters from winning with a Winston doing the main push, and shut them down. Bastion is easy to counter, but when there's two minutes to go and the enemy is used to straight up offense, they usually don't have time to switch up to a flanking offense until it's too late.

rdytoroll

I really have to play Genji some more again soon. He's really hard to get the hang of and be effective with, but also really fun. Watching the Overwatch Weekly right now and a good Genji can be real annoying

Satch

Banned
Think I'm on a 5x PotG streak on Anubis with Pharah. Girl is doing gods work.

pharah has homefield advantage on Anubis. no joke, i feel like shes at her absolute strongest on that map because she doesnt have to get stuck in the fucking trenches

I have to say that I hate the matchmaking system. It's constant 50/50 win rate it aims for sucks when you immediately realize it's your turn to lose because you have 3 people who are the same character all playing awful

Vestal

The life of a Mariachi

BjCxfVD.gif

Speely

Banned
I have seen the Truth of Zarya.

That bitch is fuckin crazy

She is taking a while to click with me since managing her shields wisely is hard (for me) to do while positioning and attacking. But when it works... Holy hell she is a beast.

I find it hard to use her in groups where your teammates are all over the place. Those ally shields help build up her energy so much. When you can't refresh them frequently, her output is diminished considerably. I play in a lot of pubs so this is often the case. Luckily, there is often at least a support player willing to stay focused on the point.

I never thought I would like her but I totally love her now. That alt fire is damn good, too.

TrueBlue

For a dedicated healer, Mercy is incredibly fun to play.

There's just so much you can do with her - you can buff damage for some assists, fly around the arena to heal, pick off suckers with her pistol and revive those who tried and failed to avoid Junkrat's tyre.

Love it.

DrArchon

I don't think there's anything I hate more in my current life than attacking on Hanamura with randoms.

Attacking on Hanamura is a fucking hellhole. You've got one main entrance for point A for most of the roster and that gets covered up by any number of turrets, tanks, and snipers. And then for point B it's this fucking massive area that still has one main entrance for most of the roster.

Attacking on Hanamura is a fucking hellhole. You've got one main entrance for point A for most of the roster and that gets covered up by any number of turrets, tanks, and snipers. And then for point B it's this fucking massive area that still has one main entrance for most of the roster.

I'd almost say that Hanamura defence needs a Nerf. there are certainly some tweeks that would make some of the maps better. Just another way to get into objective b's building would make things more fun.

I can't believe that the Watchpoint Gibraltar map final spawns on Defence are so close I've seen people build turrets right outside their safe zone that are right next to the payload destination, seems like a massive oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom