• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
THREE

FUCKING

DUPLICATES

okVeMH5.gif

600g brah. Only 400 to go for the one you actually want! Silver linings!

Has there been an official response since launch in regards to the tick rate / lag compensation / net code / whatever. After you begin to notice it you see it all the time, moves and actions shown on my screen that never appear on the kill cam.

Beyond frustrating at times, makes clutch plays very tricky. Still, adore the game.

That's the first person I go for if I'm Reaper or McCree personally.

Not in damage, so maybe in her abilities. One of the Devs says to expect some sort of buff. Maybe an increase in time to Defense Matrix?

I was hearing a notion that her movement during firing may be increased. Makes sense, makes it easier to get into optimal range considering the drop off on her weapon. Not a direct damage boost, but a way to make your guns more effective with the right strategy.

Salarians

Most common thoughts while playing Overwatch pub games:

1. Stand on/near the point/payload
2. Are you even trying to do the objective?
3. Change characters for fucks sake
4. I want to quit but I don't want the penalty
5. Fine, I guess I'll be healer/builder/tank

BY2K

Membero Americo
I found the best spot for a Bastion on Defense in Hollywood.

There's a bush near the offense spawn and a Bastion can be half-hidden in it when in Turret mode.

Took a while for the other team to figure out what the hell was going on when I tried.

ExVicis

You forgot number 6.

"So this is what it feels like to be on the other side from the shitty team"

Zaventem

I was hearing a notion that her movement during firing may be increased. Makes sense, makes it easier to get into optimal range considering the drop off on her weapon. Not a direct damage boost, but a way to make your guns more effective with the right strategy.

Yeah standard movement while firing is a huge buff imo.

XAL

THREE

FUCKING

DUPLICATES

okVeMH5.gif

Just wait until you own like 1/4 of all the unlocks and you get like 3 boxes of 4 duplicates in a row. In fact at that point, most of your boxes will be 2-4 duplicates. Most of those being 3-4 duplicates.

Not even fucking joking.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you're playing with your casual friends and get put against a stack with 5 players above level 100, my back just isn't that strong. Kinda crazy that's even possible, sure level doesn't equal skill but level 20s vs 120s isn't going to be balanced 99% of the time.

LiK

That feel when you're playing with your casual friends and get put against a stack with 5 players above level 100, my back just isn't that strong. Kinda crazy that's even possible, sure level doesn't equal skill but level 20s vs 120s isn't going to be balanced.

I had that happen. Groups who want a casual match and end up against hardcore MLG groups

Eric WK

For any Xbox One players... is there any way to change the display setting? I have text/icons going outside the visible area.

There's a display setting for your TV you need to change. Overscan or something. I had the same problem during beta and a helpful post here showed me what to do, but I don't remember specifics.

ncslamm

I'm seeing power leveling websites advertising in the game chat now. Who the hell would pay for someone to power level them in Overwatch? (I know, who would pay in any game)

Dr. Buni

The only point I think it is bullcrap is 3. Let people play what they want :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No.

Two were sprays, 1 was a blue rate skin. The only non duplicate was a spray.

Oh thought you mean legendaries. I dont even pay attention to whites and shit >_>

The only point I think it is bullcrap is 3. Let people play what they want :p

Well sure, but when someone think a Tracer is going to help with Roadhog, Pharah and Junkrat on the field I'm going to politely suggest they try something else rather than march to their repeated death.

Wow a zenyetta player actually healing that's amazing.

I don't get why people are so afraid to heal as Zen. He's actually amazing in that you can pick someone to heal and not have to babysit in the way other healers have to. It's awesome linking with a Bastion and being able to go get back into the fray and have better awareness of the teams hp. He's also really vulnerable, I don't get why you'd pick him unless you want to heal.

Demoskinos

Look at that one vote for Reaper! Booooo!

Nice job on Zenyatta though. It looks like you learned how to truly transcend

That's a fine thought to have until it starts actually affecting people's enjoyment of the game

I know bow to handle his balls. 😏

Pilgrimzero

Mine is usually "Where is my team? Why does it seem like I'm doing this alone?" Then I get killed.

Kusagari

I'm running into more and more of these teams of 4/5 of the same character and it's really souring me on the game. It's just stupid.

KingClown

Alright, taking a short break to calm down and eat some food seems to be doing the trick. Beginning to turn things around now with several wins and just a few defeats.

I must say, getting headshots on Pharah as Hanzo during her ult and intsakilling her is one of most satisfying things in this game for me. Also just finished a great game in King's Row where as Reinhardt I took the payload 75% of the way to the end before we got stopped for a bit, and then switched to D.Va when someone else on my team switched to Reinhardt to finish the game with a victory.

Zemm

I'm running into more and more of these teams of 4/5 of the same character and it's really souring me on the game. It's just stupid.

I kind of got bored of them back in 2008 when playing TF2, the novelty wore off then. Luckily I've only seen this happen twice in overwatch out of like 250 matches.

catspit

what Is the point after a match when you can leave and get your XP + No early leaving debuff? right after the POTG video...during.. I usually leave at the cards, but maybe I could leave sooner.. (Console PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom