• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
I started playing this at 10 PM, I just shut it off and it's now 3AM. Needless to say I'm really enjoying this game.

I got a legendary skin on the loot box I got for reaching level 4! It's Mei's abominable skin.

Question to everyone:

Who's your worst character? Not least favourite, but actually worst.

Mine would be Hanzo or Widowmaker. Not my style really and the bow I find really hard to time hits on moving targets.

I've never played Dva or zenyatta yet but I plan to soon.

Genji. I just can't maneuver him effectively and wind up dead before I can deal any good damage.

Question to everyone:

Mine would be Hanzo or Widowmaker. Not my style really and the bow I find really hard to time hits on moving targets.

Hanzo -- I play on PS4 and can't seem to wrap my mind around his arrow speed and altitude drop from a distance. It's definitely not impossible because every time I see a good Hanzo on PS4, I feel like it's magic.

Also not great with Reaper.

Question to everyone:

I have never been Widowmaker, not even as a joke. I am not confident in that skill at all.

Scirrocco

Question to everyone:

Pharah.

I can't shoot for shit, but at least with widoemanker you have a second to aim. While pharaohs rockets might do splash, theyre really meant for a first hit or two. And I can never really keep her in the air efficiently

Onivulk

Banned
My worst character is definitely tracer. I never rewind when I should and I do no damage to anyone.

On a side note, My aim is absolute trash. Is there anything I can practice/do to improve? It seems like everyone can just line up shots but I really suck.

It seems like I do pretty good with Pharah and Hanzo when I need to lead a little but with hitscan I cant keep the reticule on people.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got 3 Legendary skins tonight. For characters I don't play. Mind you, I only really play two characters but I'm slowly working on learning more. Zarya or Reinhardt you're next.

KingClown

Right now, I would say my worst character would be Mcree, I can't seem to aim for shit with this guy and I have trouble using his flashbang in the right moment, and I 'm having trouble nailing down the flashbang > Fan the hammer > Roll > fan the hammer tactic. Suck with his ult too.

Honorable mentions for worst character for me would be Tracer and Mercy.

The characters I'm most comfortable using at the moment arr Hanzo, Genji, D. Va, Lucio, and Zenyatta, and I'm starting to get the hang of Reinhardt. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm good with them though :p Will work on improving these guys and getting better with more characters

cuilan

I must admit, part of the reason why I like to post my updated stats here on occasion is for the amusing reactions I'm sure to get. Yeah I know, I'm such a jerk. =(

On a more serious note, I've gotten so good with D.Va now that the only character capable of countering me consistently is Zarya. I'm able to contribute to the team in practically any other situation, as long as it doesn't require healing of course.

Unicorn

I must admit, part of the reason why I like to post my updated stats here on occasion of for the amusing reactions I'm sure to get. Yeah I know, I'm such a jerk. =(

On a more serious note, I've gotten so good with D.Va now that the only character capable of countering me consistently is Zarya. I'm able to contribute to the team in practically any other situation, as long as it doesn't require healing of course.
Tips plz

Regiruler

All that needs to be done to McCree is put a cooldown on his Fan Hammer. The Roll reload is fine as is the flashbang. The thing that is the issue is the fan roll fan that lets him melt tank heroes solo in seconds.

The Fan Hammer on its own is fine the broken thing about him is the way he can chain skills not any of the skills themselves.
I like how mcree feels to play right now, he's reminiscent of a character actiom game.

Maybe reduce the damage he does to armor?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Matchmaking is set up to try to force your W/L around 50%. Mixing in the worst players from the team you just blew out, matching you with single digits when you're 50+, matching you with sniper mains, etc.

Huh... really? Well I am at 199 games with 102 wins...

Booted game back up, set to attack Hollywood. Waited until everybody else picked, no gaps. Randomly picked Bastion, had someone SCREAM in my ear for it during the character select screen. That's a great start.

Too bad the game doesn't keep track of who last voiced at you, I don't remember which one it was after I dropped.

I can't WAIT for ranked. So sick of getting blown out or steamrolling the other team.

Those close matches, they're something else. I'm telling you to be able to come back from 99% down and be able to hold the objective and win it in overtime 2 consecutive rounds after losing the 1st round and winning the game...that feeling was something else.

xvZq9mB.jpg

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
They should make the matchmaking winrate 60%, that way everyone wins more.

Apathy

really easy fix to stop griefers is to not let mei use ther wall inside of her own spawn. why would this not be implemented

Dad

The AFK kicker might be a bit too strict, but it's still leagues better than the beta where I had one or two absent teammates for almost every match

Question to everyone:

Tracer for sure. McCree is probably second, I haven't gotten the hang of the fan-roll-fan thing yet and I'm basically useless otherwise. Widowmaker's real hit and miss too but I basically never play her even when I want to because oh god pub teams.

Hmmm...so I have enough currency to buy a legendary skin for Bastion, for whom I've been wanting to get one for.

I'm leaning towards the Gearbot one, but I honestly like all of his legendary skins, and am not sure what to get.

Ken

Hmmm...so I have enough currency to buy a legendary skin for Bastion, for whom I've been wanting to get one for.

I'm leaning towards the Gearbot one, but I honestly like all of his legendary skins, and am not sure what to get.

i like his cyclops legendary ones cause the gun model is funny

Apathy

The AFK kicker might be a bit too strict, but it's still leagues better than the beta where I had one or two absent teammates for almost every match

noooope. Had a guy going afk like for 5-10 seconds at a time when we are on a control map refusing to just leave, it was basically a 5 on 6 and then a 1 on 6 when he decided to run in on his won

ElyrionX

Since they're forcing the 50% winrate, I just go fuck it in pubs now and play whoever the hell I want to play. Screw team compositions and strategy because it matters not one bit.

i like his cyclops legendary ones cause the gun model is funny
That's true. It's just, the in-game currency is hard to come by, and the drop rates for the legendary skins seem to be pretty low, so I want to make sure I really get the one I want. Haha

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since they're forcing the 50% winrate, I just go fuck it in pubs now and play whoever the hell I want to play. Screw team compositions and strategy because it matters not one bit.

Shouldnt playing the game properly matter? By doing this you are becoming exactly the people you bitch about no?

vypek

really easy fix to stop griefers is to not let mei use ther wall inside of her own spawn. why would this not be implemented

Seems pretty weird to me but I guess they just didn't think of it or expect griefers?

Played in a group today and had a ton of fun. I love the extra 20% experience.

Apathy

fuck mccree already, why is a fix taking so long, this is really ruining shit, his fan is too much, i want to see him burn to the ground
that and his fucking stun to only work in front, cause hitting me in the back is bullshit, it doesn't even make sense

Jblanks

3+ minutes to find a match, play one side of the game, half the lobby leaves, takes like a minute attempting to find players, doesn't kicks to the main menu and restarts original search... everytime.

vypek

fuck mccree already, why is a fix taking so long, this is really ruining shit, his fan is too much, i want to see him burn to the ground
that and his fucking stun to only work in front, cause hitting me in the back is bullshit, it doesn't even make sense

I'd expect balancing to happen the same time they put in ranked mode.

ElyrionX

Shouldnt playing the game properly matter? By doing this you are becoming exactly the people you bitch about no?

Well I've stopped bitching about them because I've been on plenty of yolo teams with all offense heroes and won and then I've been on plenty of well-balanced teams that lost. Even if I were to get on a good random pub team and steamroll a game or two, matchmaking will eventually switch the team up anyway. Why play a hero you don't enjoy just to win the game when you know you will eventually lose the next one anyway?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I still play to win. But I'm just not bothering with team comps much in pubs anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

If you are playing anything that is not a tank dont expect him to kill you any less efficiently after the nerf.

Oscar

I reached a point where I'm kinda done until ranked kicks in. I know at the core it's all about enjoying the game, but i'm competitive af and need a leaderboard/ladder/ranked system to stay interested in multiplayer games.

Here's hoping it happens soon because this game is great. Back to HOTS for now.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I rebound some of the emotes around a bit so I can spam them during games to tilt the opponents.

I made Z be the emote, X be Hi, C be Thanks and V be the voice line. It's actually really fun spamming D.Va's LOL heehee line while you're blasting people, even if it does get you the ire of your team mates telling you to pleasee stopppp it's annoyyyingggg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYw6EEhNrrc

I got a tracer hi out as a blew some one up.

Also I feel like if you're in a full 6 man queue the AFK kicker should not be allowed to kick your dudes just because they went to the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom