• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Got 500 coins (my 3rd legendary) in my lvl 53 box and that pushed me over 1000 coins so I bought Lucio's Ribbit skin. If I'm going to be forced to play healer I might as well do it dressed as a cyber neon techno frog from the future.

Nyx

I've been of those useless Symmetras. Been trying all the classes at least for couple matches to see which ones I like and Symmetra to me felt like the hardest class to be even half-decent with.

It really ain't that hard, just make sure you have all your turrets up and don't wander too far off.

On most maps there's at least one side entrance to a point, if you set up shop there you will block the enemy team from flanking and the rest of your team can finish off the enemies wanting to enter through the main entrance.

Also make sure every teammember has a Shield, they only need to be refreshed after death.

And when you can put up the teleporter make sure it's not out in the open or at too obvious places.

Most fun hero imo.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, she can only really compete with turrets if she can out-range them which isn't an option for many spots in the different maps.

not true at all she can kill turrets only taking about 40-50 dmg 95% of the time

I use phara to counter turrets and bastion

Does getting the most votes actually give you something?

I think if you get 5 (epic) you get an XP Bonus, which increases if you get 10 (legendary).

Edit : After a google it appear as though I was told wrong. This does not appear to be the case, although it would not be a bad idea!

sappyday

I've been really shitty these past few matches. When I played with of friends a few days ago we pretty much dominated all the matches.

Sora_N

I've been of those useless Symmetras. Been trying all the classes at least for couple matches to see which ones I like and Symmetra to me felt like the hardest class to be even half-decent with.

Sign me up too, I tried one game and fucking gave up because I felt embarassed how bad I was.

I didn't even bother trying Zenyatta either lol.

I'm currently learning/trying to be competent with Genji and Hanzo but failing both. Hanzo is a little easier.

Honestly the thing I hate about McCree is that I don't feel any character should be an auto win in a 1v1 matchup and with his flashbang he definitely feels that way.

Animator

I hope they buff zenyatta in the next patch because I really fucking hate playing Lucio but if you don't have a Lucio on your team you are pretty much handicapped.

sappyday

Every loot box I get from leveling up has been really shitty. I buy two loot boxes from the store and I get a legendary and and a epic skin. At least it was for zenyatta who I enjoy using.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jesus christ, dying 4 times back to back to an Ult and then to a McCree cus he pressed E is the most frustrating shit ever.

Honestly the thing I hate about McCree is that I don't feel any character should be an auto win in a 1v1 matchup and with his flashbang he definitely feels that way.

I think reducing the radius of effect of his flashbang would help with this. I've been practising hitting them directly with it, in anticipation. Haha.

Edit: Woah the hate is strong for him. Odd, whenever I verse him I feel as though I do not have any issues. Playing him though, you can definitely dominate.

NHL94

Banned
Just lost to 5 Junkrats and a Lucio on Hollywood with us attacking because these fucking garbage tier players wouldnt switch off Widowmaker Soldier 76 to something to counter after me telling them.

Just lost to 5 Junkrats and a Lucio on Hollywood with us attacking because these fucking garbage tier players wouldnt switch off Widowmaker Soldier 76 to something to counter after me telling them.

how you see a lineup like that and don't insta-lock Pharah is beyond me.

Pappasman

Great night with the GAF discord crew. We had a really great comeback tonight.

https://youtu.be/Kh8ScGJBAhw
oKRFzs0.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Are there actually aimhacks? I just saw this teammate get the craziest POTG that looked crazy suspicious.

I hope they buff zenyatta in the next patch because I really fucking hate playing Lucio but if you don't have a Lucio on your team you are pretty much handicapped.

Zenyatta does not need a buff. He can tear people up with orbs VERY fast.

I haven't had a problem with his healing speed, especially since it works as long as you keep line of sight, and even then it works for a few seconds after. You don't even need to be actively targeting someone or sticking close like Mercy.

Are there actually aimhacks? I just saw this teammate get the craziest POTG that looked crazy suspicious.

Blizzard's site says the POTG occasionally fudges up. But the only time it's ever really been bad was a Widowmaker who seemed to miss, the screen jerked, and suddenly about 3 or 4 people were reported as dying.

cuilan

Hmm...based on all the comments, I'm starting to get the impression that I'm one of the very few D.Va players in the world who actually knows how to use her...Oh well, the fewer I have to compete with for the love of my waifu, the better!

Nah, if there's a good widow I'll take it over most other heroes. I've seen good widows work. They can nearly shut down a team by themselves.

I had a game tonight on factory and the defenders pulled the usual mei/torb/bastion clusterfuck in the last room, we brought in a couple dvas to counter but they respawned too fast. I swapped to widowmaker and went up the left side and destroyed the turrets and Mei everytime the fucker showed her face, we were able to get a break and cap it finally in what felt like a 10min long overtime lol

She can be great in the right moments, but sadly most times people either use her as a machine gunner or fall asleep in a tower.

RawNuts

Hmm...based on all the comments, I'm starting to get the impression that I'm one of the very few D.Va players in the world who actually knows how to use her...Oh well, the fewer I have to compete with for the love of my waifu, the better!
Is there a trick to it? I usually go to her when we need a tank only because I think she is one of the easiest to play other than Reaper.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you sound like me when I say im the best Hanzo in EU... except Im joking and im not sure you are

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
D.Va is still the most fun, but I admit it. Whenever I actually want to win I pick Winston.

I don't k know if it's just my luck but if you want to win capture point maps I damn near win almost all the time with d.va. Something about hitting them at the back causes most pubs to scatter.

I think reducing the radius of effect of his flashbang would help with this. I've been practising hitting them directly with it, in anticipation. Haha.

Edit: Woah the hate is strong for him. Odd, whenever I verse him I feel as though I do not have any issues. Playing him though, you can definitely dominate.

It's just aggravating because I can get good at dodging alot of stuff in this game, like Roadhogs chain, but with McCree it doesn't matter. You can dodge in anticipation all you want but it'll still hit you because it doesn't require you to actually hit the opponent, just near them, and then gives them a free kill as a reward.

Is there a trick to it? I usually go to her when we need a tank only because I think she is one of the easiest to play other than Reaper.

You can't always play her as a straight up tank.

Usually she can stand the ground with a Reinhardt shield.

Otherwise you gotta flank, try to take our turrets, or fuck up the snipers. At a distance she's great for wearing down an opposite Reinhardt's shield since she has unlimited ammo. She can also take out Bastions if she gets the jump on them.

Her shield also provides great relief for you and crew when you need it, as well as scoping out an area quickly. Here dash should be used if you know you're going to lose the fight, so you an get out of there.

Using her Ult has it's advantages as well. Sometimes you can get a good one off if you surprise them like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUZMsYQCEg&feature=youtu.be

Other times it's great to just clear out the area, as the enemy team will leave the area or capture to hide from it.

Then, when shes out of the suit shes got a tough little gun and agility to keep people distracted, or some times take out the person who wiped your mech, or someone else.

Honestly, the main reason I hate McCree is that he's the one character in the game that it feels like you don't really fight or get engaged in an encounter with. You either kill him immediately or he kills you. It's especially shitty when you're actively fighting the enemy team only for a McCree to come up on your side, flashbang you, and blow your entire health bar away while your character stands there like an idiot.

While his nerfs will come to bring him down a little bit competitively, I bet they are going to be a little harder than competitively necessary just because he's spectacularly unfun to be on the receiving end of right now.

konjak

My main worry if they change McCree (i have no issue with playing against them, personally, he is what he is) is that Tracers will have even more annoying dodging power. He's THE counter to Tracers right now and the hitbox size helps. Maybe specialized hitboxes per opponent?

My main worry if they change McCree (i have no issue with playing against them, personally, he is what he is) is that Tracers will have even more annoying dodging power. He's THE counter to Tracers right now and the hitbox size helps. Maybe specialized hitboxes per opponent?

I think most people just hate his awful flash bang.

RawNuts

You can't always play her as a straight up tank.

Usually she can stand the ground with a Reinhardt shield.

Otherwise you gotta flank, try to take our turrets, or fuck up the snipers. At a distance she's great for wearing down an opposite Reinhardt's shield since she has unlimited ammo. She can also take out Bastions if she gets the jump on them.

Her shield also provides great relief for you and crew when you need it, as well as scoping out an area quickly. Here dash should be used if you know you're going to lose the fight, so you an get out of there.

Using her Ult has it's advantages as well. Sometimes you can get a good one off if you surprise them like so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUZMsYQCEg&feature=youtu.be

Other times it's great to just clear out the area, as the enemy team will leave the area or capture to hide from it.

Then, when shes out of the suit shes got a tough little gun and agility to keep people distracted, or some times take out the person who wiped your mech, or someone else.
Thanks; I guess I've been playing her fairly correctly then, flanking and then dropping back when she is out of the mech. I haven't really paid much attention to it, but does the damage matrix only block damage from where you're looking, and does it block all types of projectiles?

She has such low health that if they just lower the fan damage output it'll be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom