• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Love that feeling when everything pulls together in the last few seconds of a match. People finally getting their shit together and sticking to the payload and getting it across the line just as we hit overtime is such a good feeling.

gunstarhero

So glad I decided to give Zarya another go (only because I got her Syberia legendary skin).

That girl is a beast - I don't know why she clicked with me after hating her the first time. Easily my favorite in the roster right now.

Pungza

My first legendary, not expecting anymore. Think I lucked out early

BD2Kdj7.jpg

Shahadan

Anyone knows Shifty? He was playing all the time and was great fun but suddenly disappeared and hasn't been online in like 5 days.

Kito

Broke down and spent 10 bucks on loot boxes. At least i finally got a legendary skin lol. Never again though.

Same. Got really tired of grinding quick play. $20 later, legendary skins for Mei (Yeti Hunter) & Zenyatta (Ra) and over 1000 coins to buy a third.

Along with Reaper, these characters are my mains; it's like RNG knows ��

Crowbear

So I'm away from my PC for a month or so and decided to double dip on PS4 because there's pretty much no way I could survive a month away from this game and, man, console players are a lot harder to please as a support than PC players so far.

Putting in a pretty good healing performance as Lucio or Mercy (my 2 most played characters) on PC would almost always get me a bunch of votes after the game unless someone else did something spectacular, but on PS4 even carrying the damn team on my back I get nothing. I had a game last night as Lucio where I had the second most eliminations and third most damage done on the team, healed 52% of team damage taken (one of my highest ever!) AND got PotG (knocked a Roadhog into the pit on Nepal, finished off a Bastion, then knocked a Reaper who was starting to ult in the pit too, felt real good man) and then got 1 vote and some Soldier 76 with a few more eliminations got 5. I usually don't care about this kind of thing but that one made me a little salty.

Stare into their face and embed an icicle within.

everytime i get frozen they headshot me and i die . When i freeze somebody and headshot them they dont die everytime i do it. Sometimes it works and sometimes they survive and kill me...

So I'm away from my PC for a month or so and decided to double dip on PS4 because there's pretty much no way I could survive a month away from this game and, man, console players are a lot harder to please as a support than PC players so far.

Putting in a pretty good healing performance as Lucio or Mercy (my 2 most played characters) on PC would almost always get me a bunch of votes after the game unless someone else did something spectacular, but on PS4 even carrying the damn team on my back I get nothing. I had a game last night as Lucio where I had the second most eliminations and third most damage done on the team, healed 52% of team damage taken (one of my highest ever!) AND got PotG (knocked a Roadhog into the pit on Nepal, finished off a Bastion, then knocked a Reaper who was starting to ult in the pit too, felt real good man) and then got 1 vote and some Soldier 76 with a few more eliminations got 5. I usually don't care about this kind of thing but that one made me a little salty.

sounds like a you were in a bad team. I see votes for Mercy and Lucio all the time. Even happens that a healer gets votes from the other team aswell XD ones a guy had 8 votes as healer^^

Queue solo. Join three fucking games in a row about to lose.

Blizzard should permaban people with a certain % of games left. And hit them in the face too.

Another game joined about to lose. There should be an option to NEVER joined mid game. This is no way to force 50% win rate.

Dude, just stay in the server then. They don't count on your w/l-ratio, I'm fairly certain, and if you just let it end you can be there from the start for the next game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Everyone needs to play more Pharah.
everytime i get frozen they headshot me and i die . When i freeze somebody and headshot them they dont die everytime i do it. Sometimes it works and sometimes they survive and kill me...
Only does 140, shoot twice or follow up with a melee.

Acidote

Dude, just stay in the server then. They don't count on your w/l-ratio, I'm fairly certain, and if you just let it end you can be there from the start for the next game.

I stay in the servers. But the game sends you back to the main menu and looks for a new game if too many players leave.

I stay in the servers. But the game sends you back to the main menu and looks for a new game if too many players leave.

Ah yes, that's correct, but did that really happen in so many games? It happens quite rarely for me; the game tries to do some team-balancing after the game is over so people tend to stick around, but whenever there's a steamroll, people do ragequit, yeah. That sucks man.

TheYanger

Yes please tell me more, about how getting snapped back to something you dodged is not a big deal.

Because it's not something that didn't hit you, it's something that due to a combination of latency on the other person's end and possibly tickrate (latency is far more likely than tickrate though, if it's more than a fraction of a fraction of a second worth of 'snapback' it's 100% latency). Like, if they flashbang you when you're there on their screen and the server agrees 'yeah that wasn't bullshit, even though your ping is high fam' then you're going to be stunned. If that person had 0 ping and 1000 tickrate, they would've stunned you too. So the correct outcome was given.

Even that video that keeps getting posted is a dude with 700 ping, like...why the fuck would you think that's related to tickrate, if you want to show the effect of tickrate you want as close to 0 latency as possible.

20 tickrate is an AT MOST (like, if the action occured the next millisecond after the tick happened) like having 50 ms between when an event occurs and when your client receives it. on average 25 ms.

Someone with a 30 ms ping is actively making you feel like you got bullshitted more than the tickrate is, that's how inconsequential it is (Also, tickrate wouldn't have changed what happened to you, it just would've changed how many miliseconds it takes before your client realizes it happened. If you get shot you still would've gotten shot, you just would've not been behind the corner yet on your end).

The fact that people bring up tickrate that probably have never even heard the term until this '20 tickrate lolol' bullshit started is telling. The tickrate has a near 0 effect on your ability to actually do anything in the game, it occasionally makes you go 'bullshit I was behind a wall' or something, but A) latency does that VASTLY more noticeably. B) Whether you 'think' you were behind a corner or not is pretty irrelevant when the server is deciding what actually is happening, like it has no impact on the results of the actions taking place, just the perception of them. It might as well be the latency equivilent of 'if a tree falls in the woods'. The classic "I got shot behind the corner" or "hooked behind the corner" would have 100% the same outcome whether the tickrate was 1000 or 5.

One thing I noticed about matchmaking is if you are on a losing streak in solo queue and getting tilted is that you shouldn't leave the lobby after every game. This game snowballs a lot even with even skill and is dependent on map and picks so next round can be totally different. The team line ups will almost always change as well.

Blues1990

Your friend...not very smart.

That "butch, lesbian strong woman" is one of the best characters in the game and certainly the most underrated tank. Zarya's my fav character.

Edit: I feel too strongly about that butch lesbian statement. Correction: your friend is a dumbass.

It's a bit unfair to claim that he's dumb, all because of how he feels towards a fictional character or what he said. He knows Zarya is a solid tank character. He just doesn't like her appearance.

And we're done.

I was hoping for a more concrete response instead of you immediately dismissing everything I just said. :/

Hex

Banned
I have been amazingly fortunate with Legendary boxes...
Junkrat - Hayseed and Jester (Bought Jester with coin)
Hanzo - Lone Wolf and Okami
Pharah - Rain Dancer (Jackal is purple)
Reaper - Mariachi
Roadhog - Islander
Soldier 76 - Stunt Rider 76, Daredevil
Tracer - Punk and Ultraviolet
Zarya - Cybergoth
Zenyatta - Sunyatta (I think I bought that one too)

It's a bit unfair to claim that he's dumb, all because of how he feels towards a fictional character or what he said. He knows Zarya is a solid tank character. He just doesn't like her appearance.

/

Not unfair at all, because if he sees a girl/ woman that looks like that then we know what his first impression is and that is dumb.
Assuming someone is butch lesbian based on appearance is rather bigoted.

R0ckman

I notice a lot of players do not counter pick and actually hunt down the characters they are strong against. I go Winston and do stalker level chasing to Genji, Widow, and Mercy but I notice if they have a D.Va they dont have her hunt me down, or when she notices, I've already collected my kills and just throw down a sheild for her to shoot at and leap away.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got my first legendary skin and it's for Tracer, my main. Excellent! The Mach T.

My favorite skin of hers is Posh.

AcAnchoa

For all the fun I had this week these past two days have been a nightmare thanks to constants lag spikes and disconnections. I thought it was related to WiFi, but now I'm using an ethernet cable and the problems continue. It's been really frustrating.

Sorral

This lag compensation shit is starting to get to me.

Worse than fucking CoD. I block on my screen but not in the killcam so many fucking tkmes. Gdi I shouldn't let it piss me off but here we are.

Blues1990

Not unfair at all, because if he sees a girl/ woman that looks like that then we know what his first impression is and that is dumb.
Assuming someone is butch lesbian based on appearance is rather bigoted.

In either case, I feel like this discussion has already been derailed, so I'll just get back to the point.

So long as you're contributing with helping out your team and securing victory, then I don't see why it's a big no-no if someone wants to play with a preferred character or two (hell, even just one). I know the point of the game is to get familiar with the cast and adapt to the playing field whenever it's appropriate, but not everyone can do it. Hell, it wasn't until I reached level 20 that I decided to try to get better with the other heroes, aside from my mains being Lucio, Zarya, Mei, & Pharah.

Twookie

This lag compensation shit is starting to get to me.

Worse than fucking CoD. I block on my screen but not in the killcam so many fucking tkmes. Gdi I shouldn't let it piss me off but here we are.

yeah, it's my biggest gripe I have with this game, and it's making me more frustrated every time it happens. Like, when I die in a dash and my body will fly across the map but on his screen I didn't dash at all so I died right in front of him and my body would stay infront of him. so fucking annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom