• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks; I guess I've been playing her fairly correctly then, flanking and then dropping back when she is out of the mech. I haven't really paid much attention to it, but does the damage matrix only block damage from where you're looking, and does it block all types of projectiles?

Yeah.

You gotta be looking at them.

But it blocks everything for that short time. None of junk rats shit gets by.

Also... I don't drop back when Im out of the mech... most of the time. I try to get in there and fuck their shit up, or distract them, or shoot at their snipers.

Bittercup

D.Va is great. She's my second most played character. Super fun to play and strong.
And I got my killstreak of 20 achievement recently with her.

Klyka

Banned
McCree is just not fun to play against, that's also a big problem.

He is basically a "no fun allowed" character.
Hitscan weapon that does huge damage + an ability that stuns the opponent which leads to an instant kill is just not something where you go "oh yeah,enemy McCree,let's go man, let's do this!"

You just roll your eyes and go "ugh, McCree again with the skill combo"

On another topic,I love the KDA you get in this game. Cause you know,it's kills,deaths and assists,not just kill death ratio.

I currently have a 35 KDA with Zenyatta while having 7 minutes played with him.
So weird,haha.

Well, that's what is good for Tracers, I mean, and if its hitbox is made too small against Tracers it'd be unfortunate. Who else is as good against Tracers?

I can get her with Roadhog's chain sometimes, but I just had a game where she dashed in, stuck me with her Ult on the back, Recalled away, and there was nothing I could do. Twice. So, probably not a definite counter.

Perhaps! But most people want to nerf the flashbang, sounds like.

It's just annoying when you see in the replay that he throws one behind you, at the floor some distance from your feet, and that's enough to completely stun you and someone else who was probably further away.

Maybe Fan the Hammer should be wildly inaccurate unless McCree stands still. I see a lot of players use it as their default damage method, and it works, instantly pouring bullets into someone.

Well, that's what is good for Tracers, I mean, and if its hitbox is made too small against Tracers it'd be unfortunate. Who else is as good against Tracers?

Haven't played much of him... but Solider 76?

If it's great for Tracers... I understand... but it's great on everyone... not just her.

ISOM

McCree is just not fun to play against, that's also a big problem.

He is basically a "no fun allowed" character.
Hitscan weapon that does huge damage + an ability that stuns the opponent which leads to an instant kill is just not something where you go "oh yeah,enemy McCree,let's go man, let's do this!"

You just roll your eyes and go "ugh, McCree again with the skill combo"

On another topic,I love the KDA you get in this game. Cause you know,it's kills,deaths and assists,not just kill death ratio.

I currently have a 35 KDA with Zenyatta while having 7 minutes played with him.
So weird,haha.

Yeah, I usually tip my hat to if an enemy player gets me but against Mccree nope. His stun, fan is about the most unskilled move in the game.

Zaventem

Holy shit finally got the die die die trophy, i kept playing him on KOTH because i though i would eventually get it there. Also Reinhardt's Storm, Earth and Fire is at 1.3% on PS4 for being that easy??? I did mine on 1 target and i'm certain it has to be in the correct order. I'm aiming for 60% trophy completion everything else will probably be luck from here on out.

Instro

Broke down and spent 10 bucks on loot boxes. At least i finally got a legendary skin lol. Never again though.

Unrelated, Winston is a beast on defense.

Jintor

yeah he can severely distract a concentrated push with beast mode since everybody almost always focus fires on him

this game is way too quick to drop out if there's not enough players before a match :(

Much like TF2 i tend to play units that work really well if there's a scrum of main players in there distracting everyone while I dash around being an annoying asshole or archer. if I'm alone I just get ganked, everytime :(

Has anybody got any performance experience playing in 4k with a 980ti?

I can imagine this game would look even more gorgeous in 4k, but hope the performance would stick to 60fps on a 1070 and a 980ti is the closest equivalent benchmark I can hope for at the moment :p

SlickVic

Don't know if this helps anyone else, but I finally found a solution to getting Overwatch running directly through Steam without needing to log into Battle net every time the game opens (which happens when setting non-Steam game shortcut to Overwatch.exe) or it just opening up Battle net instead of the game (setting shortcut to Overwatch Launcher.exe). Now I can just hit play in Steam and it directly loads up the game and logs me into Battlenet automatically. The slight catch is Battle net needs to be running for the solution to work, but I just keep it minimized in the tray at all times. Personally I just like having all my games launch through Steam for convenience (especially if I'm in Big Picture mode), though this should allow the Steam overlay to work in-game as well.

Anyways, I just followed this reddit guide which is pretty straight forward to creating a VB script for this purpose. The only downside to this approach is if you have UAC enabled in Windows every time you try to launch the game it will give a prompt to ask permission to run the script. Easiest solution is to disable UAC altogether, but if you want to keep it, there is a workaround to make an exception. This guide was made for doing this for Hearthstone but just as easily can be applied to Overwatch.

After following both guides, I can finally just launch Overwatch through Steam Big Picture without any apparent hassle.

Also, if anyone is looking for Steam grid images for the game, there seems to be a solid collection over here.

Might also help if Fan the Hammer had recoil. The more bullets in the chamber the more recoil. You should be punished for using it at 6 rounds versus 3, etc.

Nyx

Haha. He just reminds me too much of COD players.

Im sure he's fine tho.

It'll be a while before I sink my teeth into him.

He's my most used offensive hero, but that could be due to not having learned the others yet. With Reaper, Pharah or McCree f.e. my deathcount is way too high.

Rize_21

You know what?
When you destroy the mech as Mei using the cryogun, D.Va should just die with it(only if frozen before of course), would be really enjoyable, Blizzard please.

Had a lot of fun with Discord Gaf tonight we ended up going 9-1 or something like that.

I'm sad that I won't be able to play the game with them for a few days becasue I will be on vacation.

Jinjo

So what's a good counter against a defending team using 3/4 Torbjorn's?

Admittedly, our team slayed an attacking team using 3 Torbjorn's, as revenge they used 4 on us the next round lol.

Makareu

I have a small issue with the game on PC. My GPU usage in the menu screen is higher than ingame (and yes I have my framerate capped ).
It is not a big deal but it is annoying to have my GPU usage at 100% for no good reasons in the menu. Is anyone in the same boat, and is there a known solution ?

So what's a good counter against a team using 3/4 Torbjorn's?

Admittedly, our team slayed an attacking team using 3 Torbjorn's, as revenge they used 4 on us the next round lol.

Oh god. I dunno. I ran into a game earlier like that.

D.Vas ult can take out their turrets pretty easily....

Mei's would be great to block their blast to get the team in there.

Probably one of the snipers tho would do good work on them if they can be seen from a distance.

Junk Rat as well probably.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm getting more than a little tired of McCree's stun and Roadhogs chain working on me while Winston AFTER I'VE ALREADY PHYSICALLY MADE IT PAST THEM. It is absolutely insane that launching myself past a roadhog, I still get chained and pulled back into a cluster fuck situation.

Also, there are so many garbage McCree players that just do the combo. I had two earlier that gave zero fucks about the payload and just wanted to get sick combo killz.

Rize_21

So what's a good counter against a defending team using 3/4 Torbjorn's?

We had a match like this yesterday on Dorado, Reinhardt x Bastion get the job done against them, Bastion in tank mode annihilate a Molten core Torb.

Klyka

Banned
I'm getting more than a little tired of McCree's stun and Roadhogs chain working on me while Winston AFTER I'VE ALREADY PHYSICALLY MADE IT PAST THEM. It is absolutely insane that launching myself past a roadhog, I still get chained and pulled back into a cluster fuck situation.

Also, there are so many garbage McCree players that just do the combo. I had two earlier that gave zero fucks about the payload and just wanted to get sick combo killz.

On their screen,you were still there :)

Rad-

That's perfectly fine for someone like McCree. Your whole team can't be on the payload, otherwise one ult can fuck you up (also you only need 3 people there to max its moving speed). McCree is good at killing flankers and everyone else around.

Acidote

Queue solo. Join three fucking games in a row about to lose.

Blizzard should permaban people with a certain % of games left. And hit them in the face too.

ViviOggi

20 TICK LUL

Ken

Blizzard should permaban people with a certain % of games left. And hit them in the face too.

Hots has a frequent leavers get matched with other frequent leavers thing.

Bittercup

It's pretty annoying. Maybe give them a forced break after leaving too often. Half an hour wait time before they can join another game.

Hots has a frequent leavers get matched with other frequent leavers thing.
That sounds like a nice solution, too.

Zaventem

I literally just left 3 pre game matches back to back before they started with people picking symmetra on KOTH. Forced 50 is real, blizzard wants me to take that defeat.

LiK

Played against a group full of Symmetras and I couldn't get close to those teleporters for the trophy. Probably will never get it now. Should've gone full Winston or kept trying to snipe them.

My main worry if they change McCree (i have no issue with playing against them, personally, he is what he is) is that Tracers will have even more annoying dodging power. He's THE counter to Tracers right now and the hitbox size helps. Maybe specialized hitboxes per opponent?

If it wasnt for tickrate i would never die to mccree as tracer, s76 is much better counter

Acidote

Another game joined about to lose. There should be an option to NEVER joined mid game. This is no way to force 50% win rate.

Hyun Sai

My main worry if they change McCree (i have no issue with playing against them, personally, he is what he is) is that Tracers will have even more annoying dodging power. He's THE counter to Tracers right now and the hitbox size helps. Maybe specialized hitboxes per opponent?
They stated McCree damage was too high againt the tanks, so even if they nerf this, it won't change a thing against Tracers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom