• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see how Reaper can be edgelord when Soldier 76 exists

IM THE ONE WHO DOES HIS JOB I GUESS DAT MAKES YOU THE OTHER ONE

Fjordson

Just wiped out 5 people with a Reaper ult lmao.

95% of my games are played healing as Glory or Lúcio, but it is fun to occasionally blow people up as DPS.

Edit: er..Mercy, not Glory lol.

LiK

Started playing Zarya again and it's hard to keep her alive with randoms. Might try to play her in a group instead.

Watched a dude get screamed at for playing Tor when we were on offense. He was laying down cover fighter with that sentry and putting in effort, but should he not be doing that? I always pick whatever class within the range of what the objective is. Is that the right way?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just wiped out 5 people with a Reaper ult lmao.

95% of my games are played healing as Glory or Lúcio, but it is fun to occasionally blow people up as DPS.

Mercy

Watched a dude get screamed at for playing Tor when we were on offense. He was laying down cover fighter with that sentry and putting in effort, but should he not be doing that? I always pick whatever class within the range of what the objective is. Is that the right way?

On offense you are usually on the move. A Tor on offense wont really have time or opportunity to setup a level 2 turret so you end up with a sub par range dps. Maybe on king of the hill maps after you win the ppint he can help maintain it, but in payload maps he isnt the best choice.

Blues1990

I'm hoping we get Halloween Costumes.

We have a good start with two of the heroes, at least. :)

viking-and-witch.jpg

spiritfox

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Sym needs a bit more HP on her turrets. People are getting too good at swatting them out before they can do anything.

The guy in the building across from me is playing Overwatch. The only way I can tell is by seeing Tobjörn's reload animation. The bastard.

He's sitting two inches away from the screen. Do people play like that?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe it's just me but I feel like Sym needs a bit more HP on her turrets. People are getting too good at swatting them out before they can do anything.

That's when you and your teammates pounce, murk them and then you place your turrets somewhere else.

I thought I was on the slow slide down into frustration and sadness with my games lately, but somehow in this last session I got matched into a bunch of really awesome games with friendly people and it's restored my faith in the game. So fun when you're with people who know what they're doing! Really close games and lots of good will.

Maybe just a side effect of playing with cool people, but it turns out that if you don't want to have to destroy turrets/Bastions all by yourself, an easy way to convince others to do it is to just be Reinhardt. I dunno if everyone gets the hint but it worked surprisingly well, even if it didn't win us the game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I am now a believer of the forced 50%. Just faced off against a premade that was really, really good. Salty af right now.

cory64

They should gain 1hp for every month a map's been out. But seriously, Winston or Widowmaker v. Symmetra is probably one of the true hard counters in the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If only my teammates know how to flank.

:(

That's kind of the thing though, place it in the main room in hanamura where most of the fighting will occur so either they're getting zapped while fighting your team, or they're taking damage from your team while they try to take out your turrets

Also don't afraid to jump into the fray. Close combat she holds her own on quite a few match ups, and once you get that beam fired up you can take out large groups really quickly.

I got a rare team that understood that you can push past the first gate on Hanamura.
They then proceeded to run through the building on the right and push towards B point, ignoring A point until I started spamming the f button on it.

i really don't know what it is about this map but i always get the teams that love to test my patience

Apathy

Check the arcade games in Hanamura.

Yeah i know, it's sarcasm, of course blizzard puts in their own worlds into their games, always have.

Holy shit are all Mei's so derpy? Holy shit either people don't know that their own team does different sounds for ults or people are just bad. Twice in one match our one Mei blocked off my rip tire, and one would have been a full team kill

Catdaddy

Lucio, Mercy and D.Va are my top three right now, been pubbing and we are always missing a support or tank.. I can't get potg with D.Va to save my life; nuked 3 to secure a cap and was in a 13 kill streak and it goes to a reaper..

One of the funniest potg was a torbjorn that killed 2-3 but over half his shots missed, kinda reminded me of that Doom vid a few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom