• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i know, it's sarcasm, of course blizzard puts in their own worlds into their games, always have.

Holy shit are all Mei's so derpy? Holy shit either people don't know that their own team does different sounds for ults or people are just bad. Twice in one match our one Mei blocked off my rip tire, and one would have been a full team kill

Among the many things I learned today: riptires can CLIMB WALLS. I don't know if they can climb Mei walls, but I'd be kind of surprised if they couldn't. Hold Jump to climb.

So far my favorite moment I've had in this game has to be jumping into checkpoint B in Volskaya Industries as Nerd Rage Winston and just swatting a Hanzo right off the map. That or zipping around as Tracer and getting a Reinhardt so pissed off he charged at me and completely whiffed, so I ended up taking him out solo.

Oh my god, I just about died laughing. That's awesome.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Sym needs a bit more HP on her turrets. People are getting too good at swatting them out before they can do anything.

I feel like Symmetra's turrets are great if the rest of the team is holding the position well. My turrets usually last a pretty long time, but only if my team has set up a good defensive position. If the payload is in motion or something, the enemy is too coordinated (usually) at that point and can just pick off any turrets they see.

Of course, I love doing things like putting turrets right above doorways or in awkward places, and then getting people to chase me into their own doom, so.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I love when I get into a good pub with some real synergy and then get dumped right out of it after we win.
9MJfiJn.png

Right?

I'm usually playing with GAF and I swear, one set we'll be killing it.. all of us hyped, feeling confident.. Next map we get a different group and they are like MLG tier. I mean we're good, but fuck it seems the other teams coordination is off the charts. :lol

Among the many things I learned today: riptires can CLIMB WALLS. I don't know if they can climb Mei walls, but I'd be kind of surprised if they couldn't. Hold Jump to climb.

Hooooly shit.

My Pharah game is weak. I need to do better with the verticality but I'm very inconsistent with her. I can have an amazing game, serving justice like no ones business then the next game, I can't keep her alive for 10 seconds.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, people didn't know rip-tire climb walls?

You guys didn't see all the POTG that's basically him sneaking a rip-tire behind the wall?

Apathy

They can and do, but not when the mei puts a wall inside the room on the side with stairs right near point 2 of gibralter cause it blocks off the whole place

Speaking of Riptire, fuck Riptire. That shit lasts way too long. I was on Nepal getting in with Mei and I hear a Riptire coming so I wait till it gets close and jump into my ice sanctuary. This dude literally does a lap around the control point to waste time for my ice shell to run out and when it does he's right there and kills me
7IxBlwd.png

Am I the only one who wishes they change symmetras E completely? If you read her comic she can make bridges made of light. I want her to do something like that in game

lunlunqq

What the fuck is wrong with me???? After all the rage and frustrations from playing with brain-dead imbeciles, I'd rage-quit the game, come into this thread and get cracked-up with a few funny pic/vids, then go right back into the game again!!! My life is ruined for sure. :mad:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's kinda impressive to see how far along the game was when they revealed it. Just watched the Blizzcon 2015 reveal video and all the characters they show pretty much have the same abilities as they do today and the maps shown are pretty much their final versions.

spiritfox

Speaking of Riptire, fuck Riptire. That shit lasts way too long. I was on Nepal getting in with Mei and I hear a Riptire coming so I wait till it gets close and jump into my ice sanctuary. This dude literally does a lap around the control point to waste time for my ice shell to run out and when it does he's right there and kills me
7IxBlwd.png

I did that once to a Mei.

Fuck Mei.

They can and do, but not when the mei puts a wall inside the room on the side with stairs right near point 2 of gibralter cause it blocks off the whole place

O-oh. Um. Well then.

Fuck Mei.

My Pharah game is weak. I need to do better with the verticality but I'm very inconsistent with her. I can have an amazing game, serving justice like no ones business then the next game, I can't keep her alive for 10 seconds.

Soldier 76 and Widowmaker will fuck your shit up. McCree too if he catches you on the ground. Maybe the bad games just have some of them in it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What the fuck is wrong with me???? After all the rage and frustrations from playing with brain-dead imbeciles, I'd rage-quit the game, come into this thread and get cracked-up with a few funny pic/vids, then go right back into the game again!!! My life is ruined for sure. :mad:

giphy.gif

cm1j

Neo Member
Over 200 games ons PS4 and only a single disconnect! Wait time for queues is amazing never over 20 seconds.

What a game

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
7IxBlwd.png

You can shoot it and destroy it, it only has 100hp. Couple good shots and it's gone.

7IxBlwd.png

Your teammates let a rip tire ran around for like ten seconds without ever shooting at it...?

yeah. Is this a known issue?
I'm not sure if it's "known," but I've had that bug certainly. Like at least a couple times.

I've been looking at the social menu after the game, the next match started, and the screen was all dim on the hero select screen. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly. But all you need to do to fix it is go back into the social menu, click around a tab or two and exit back out. Should fix itself immediately.

I've ran into a bug like twice now where the killcam/POTG/highlight just breaks and gets stuck in the sky. It fixes itself after a restart at least but it's annoying.

ElyrionX

That goddamn sniper's perch at the starting attack point of King's Row is the worst idea ever. Every idiot who instapicks Widow plants his ass on that damn thing and never comes down. It's like a 5v6 right from the start.

Your teammates let a rip tire ran around for like ten seconds without ever shooting at it...?

It was the Nepal point against that cliff. They were inside so they only would have seen it rolling passed the 2 openings. Anyway this spiteful fuck wasted all that time and killed me. Blew his load on just me when he could have got a team kill.

That's a hater

patchday

wow my win rate has went up dramatically since I've started maining support & tanks. I can pilot a really good Mercy

McCree though. Man we were tied with enemy team. McCree hits his ultimate and blew us all to hell. Felt kinda cheap as hell. What would this game be like with ultimates like that I can only wonder

I suppose thinking back our Mei could've erected a wall (if we had one I forget) or Reinhart should've setup his shield cause we knew which direction McCree was coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom