• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can probably own the buildings on either side of the Well on Ilios and those are pretty important.

Ehhhhhhh

I don't like trying to nest up spots my team can't hit from the point. Turrets are just too vulnerable and too low-damage. Sure, you'll take out a couple of people who just don't pick up on them fast enough, but after that they'll just keep blowing them away faster than you can place 'em. Better to be make sure your team can take advantage of the slowdown and surprise effect, even while they're contesting.

Fair enough fair enough. Though I really don't run into any trolling with either, though I'm mostly the one playing them.

Like, I can clearly see the troll potential of both, but I haven't ran into either.
Mei's troll potential actually probably isn't as bad as Sym's.

Dickbutts placing teleporters in shitty locations are the worse.

Depends on the map, honestly. Stuff like Control Room on Liajing Tower and the Well on Ilios just flat-out lacks any good turret spots. At most you can annoy them. But on Night Market? Lawd almighty. Those turret spots are worth being at a slight disadvantage in the first team fight.

Actuall control room is a very good symmetra map. Lots of good places to hide the teleporter and some nifty little places to put turrets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So does Winston need a buff or am I just not doing this right?

I don't understand what situations to use him in. His shield is just not as effective as Reinherdt's. His gun has the great benefit of passing through shields, but its time to kill is really pathetic. He's no hard counter pick to Heroes with shields despite that gun's main trait. I've tried rushing in, jumping behind to flank people but again that gun is not very effective. And his ult, beside bailing you out before death, really isn't the game changer other ults are.

Only time I've been effective with him was on a 4 Winston team, and that was more due to the chaos and the fact that the gun is actually effective if you've got more than one going. Any tips?

You are supposed to jump on the backline and harasd squishies like healers or widows who think they are safe in their balconies. You are not supposed to be in the front line like Rein or Roadhog. Use the bubble shield and then "dance" in and out as you dmg squishies. Use his ult to disrupt groups by pushing people around.

Actuall control room is a very good symmetra map. Lots of good palces to hide the teleporter and some nifty little places to put turrets.

Hmm. It's been a while since I last tried her there. Will have to give it another shot.

We can all agree that she's pointless on Sanctuary, tho, right?

Which one is Sanctuary again?

Also, about shields: do they reduce damage at all or just function as regenerating HP?

The Nepal map with the pit around the edge of the point. You can "own" that little hideaway, but it's not very useful; nor is setting stuff up in the galleries overlooking the point. All the action happens on that platform and the stairs in front of 'em, and it's just too tough to keep up your turrets where they can be used.

Just regenerating health, yeah.

I don't understand what situations to use him in. His shield is just not as effective as Reinherdt's. His gun has the great benefit of passing through shields, but its time to kill is really pathetic. He's no hard counter pick to Heroes with shields despite that gun's main trait. I've tried rushing in, jumping behind to flank people but again that gun is not very effective. And his ult, beside bailing you out before death, really isn't the game changer other ults are.

Only time I've been effective with him was on a 4 Winston team, and that was more due to the chaos and the fact that the gun is actually effective if you've got more than one going. Any tips?

Na Winston is pretty weak. I'm gonna guess by your icon, you cry cause he wrecks genji.

Winston is one of the best characters in the game on both offense and defense and he dominates in King of the Hill.

You need to focus healers, snipers and others with low health like Tracer since your auto aim gun makes it easier to deal with her. Go behind enemy lines and distract and peel. It's okay if you die if it takes the focus off the rest of your team coming in behind. You won't beat Reapers, Roadhogs or McCrees despite your HP so dont go for them by yourself. On people with more health, your goal is to harass or distract, if someone starts running then you've won since its very difficult to get away from Winston due to his low cooldown on his jump. You can get in and get out of situations easily and use your shield to bob and weave in combat. His shield doesn't serve the same purpose as Reinhardts, because you can attack while the bubble is down.

His ult is amazing. Drastically reduces the cd on the leap and makes it do so much more damage, heals you to double your full health instantly and makes it so you can smack Mercys away from their targets and totally disrupt the enemy teams. Try and knock people into a corner so they are really fucked. By yourself it can fail to be useful other then as a distraction but with people picking off the ones you are flinging out of formation then it can be quite the tool. On maps where you can knock people off the edge like Ilios or Nepal its also quite useful.

Wintson makes me weep as Symmetra. He wipes out my carefully crafted turret placements just by looking at 'em funny.

Tho I can win a 1 v 1 with him, so that's fun.

The Nepal map with the pit around the edge of the point. You can "own" that little hideaway, but it's not very useful; nor is setting stuff up in the galleries overlooking the point. All the action happens on that platform and the stairs in front of 'em, and it's just too tough to keep up your turrets where they can be used.

Just regenerating health, yeah.

I see.

Yeah, not into Sym/Bastion/snipers for KOTH

Are you saying he can't one shot a large portion of the roster?

He has the potential to one shot a small portion of the roster, and to hook combo some more, but not to the extent where he's OP.

JTripper

Wintson makes me weep as Symmetra. He wipes out my carefully crafted turret placements just by looking at 'em funny.

Tho I can win a 1 v 1 with him, so that's fun.

Who-is-this.jpg

HowZatOZ

Banned
I really, really hate pubs that refuse to change from their sniper dps class when we are getting smashed at the objective. You aren't doing shit when you have to stand so far away to be safe and they are bum rushing us hard.

Dreavus

The worst thing about being killed by Hanzo is watching the kill cam confirm that it really was bullshit every time

Playing Hanzo is like transforming the game into a parody of real life where people are playing Overwatch except periodically they unexpectedly die from like cancer or traffic accidents and everybody just has to carry on around it.

The arrows are cancer.

Seriously. I don't know if it's the hit box or what but every time I look at the shot that killed me, it just looks like a lucky shot Hanzo got while he was vomitting arrows at that choke point. Every single time. I don't get that sense with any other character!

I think I need to play him a bit myself to see how it feels.

I've used Winston to great effect especially when delivering a payload. I rarely go one on one with other tanks as Winston unless I'm surrounded by teammates. Usually I go after support characters like Torbjorn, Mercy, Zenyatta, Tracer etc. Hop in, disrupt, set up a shield and hop out. I like to use his jump to get behind opponents and use his weapon to down folks.

Getting behind Bastions, jumping up on high areas and getting the drop on unsuspecting Widowmakers or even if they do notice I'll get her attention off my teammates.

His shield is so important especially when delivering that payload. It saves previous seconds that my team could be under fire and help us win.

maouvin

Just had the weirdest couple of games yet.

One, my entire team was purposely avoiding the objective. Like, seriously. Not even exaggerating.

Also, on that Payload map city where Omnics and Humans live together in, can't remember the name, this happened:

They had TWO snipers.

TWO.

THEY WERE ON OFFENSE!

Hollywood. Offense. Team was 3 lvl 20-30 (me included) and 3 lvl 50-70. The latter group all picked snipers. For the whole match.
I still don't get how we lost (didn't even cap A) with such high level players, but that's what happened.

Hex

Banned
Oh my fucking god you god damned Widowmaker and Pharah players.
I do not care what the fuck you are doing or what kind of dramatic posing you are doing flying around, if your god damned feet are not on the ground you are not scoring the objective and when it is 99/99 overtime you need to get your ass off of the roof tops and stop flying around and get your fucking feet down.
AAAAAAARRRRRGH

Zomba13

I finally got a potg as Lucio earlier. It was me and a D.Va fumbling around killing a single Mei after she whiffed and ult. It was my worst potg yet.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The worst thing about being killed by Hanzo is watching the kill cam confirm that it really was bullshit every time.

Playing Hanzo is like transforming the game into a parody of real life where people are playing Overwatch except periodically they unexpectedly die from like cancer or traffic accidents and everybody just has to carry on around it.

The arrows are cancer.

A lot of people dont know this but DONT TRUST THE KILL CAM. It recreates the moment, but it doesn't replay it so its kind of inaccurate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A lot of people dont know this but DONT TRUST THE KILL CAM. It recreates the moment, but it doesn't replay it so its kind of inaccurate.

I keep saying this and people keep ignoring it. Not to mean that Hanzos dont shoot a million random arrows mind you

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One of the funniest POTG I've seen that's not mine (because I had some pretty funny stinkers) was a widowmaker sniping pharah's justice rains.

And that's it.

LiK

Man, the Sunday night groups are brutal. Went up against one group who was organized and used their supers together. Ugh

Luigi87

When you misfire Pharah's concussive blast and it pushes a Reaper mid-ult into your team and you all die and lose the game.

17014850312_9b55faa838_o.gif

I've made a similar mistake... An ally Roadhog was about to chain kill an enemy Reaper (last point in Temple of Anubis) in Overtime, but I, as Lucio, not thinking used my right-click to push Reaper back, out into safety, in which he ult'd and, uh... we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom