• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

It is hilarious how long you can solo contest a point as mei.

Only if the other team has no Pharah/Junkrat/Roadhog/McCree/Lucio/Zarya. Or if they're only sending 1-2 teammates at a time due to lack of coordination. Really the best solution to a solo Mei on the point is sheer numbers. She can only really attack one person at a time, and she doesn't do well with explosives. But yeah against the right team you can be there all day every day.

BigDug13

Just use Lucio's blast to shove her stupid ass off the point and off the map.

That works on like one map right? And only when she's not locking herself away fro you by alternating her abilities. I've seen Mei turtle up alternating full duration cryo heal and locking herself behind a wall into a corner of the contested area.

Rad-

So does Winston need a buff or am I just not doing this right?

I don't understand what situations to use him in. His shield is just not as effective as Reinherdt's. His gun has the great benefit of passing through shields, but its time to kill is really pathetic. He's no hard counter pick to Heroes with shields despite that gun's main trait. I've tried rushing in, jumping behind to flank people but again that gun is not very effective. And his ult, beside bailing you out before death, really isn't the game changer other ults are.

Only time I've been effective with him was on a 4 Winston team, and that was more due to the chaos and the fact that the gun is actually effective if you've got more than one going. Any tips?

Winston is probably the best koth hero in the game after Lucio and well, McCree (because McCree is just great in everything). I think when Winston clicked with me was when I started learning when to create chaos with him and when to stay back/tank with him. I see him as a tank/disrupter hybrid. He's also great against all the squishies and does surprisingly good overall damage when you are in a big enemy crowd (because his gun damages everyone). It also helps that there are many koth maps where you can push enemies off the cliff with his ult.

In payload I generally think Reinhardt is the better choice but if the enemy team has a good Widowmaker and/or a lot of squishy characters then Winston is a great choice again.

Luigi87

lol, when I got a PotG as Pharah, and my friend went and watched his highlight from the match narrating why he felt he should have got it as McCree

Satch

Banned
BRO I SWEAR TO GOD IF I GO THROUGH ONE MORE PERSON AND GET MY BODY TELEPORTED BACK TO A KILL POINT I SWEAR TO GOD BRO FIX IT BRO IM SICK OF IT BRO I WASNT EVEN THERE ANYMORE BRO HOW DO I DIE THERE BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BigDug13

Wait, lucio's pushback affects his teammates?

Not when's she's frozen though is it?

Yeah I had to decipher that one. Maybe he used his push to put the opposing Reaper back in front of Lucio's Reinhart shield which allowed the Lucio to safely shoot the Reaper dead.

That works on like one map right? And only when she's not locking herself away fro you by alternating her abilities. I've seen Mei turtle up alternating full duration cryo heal and locking herself behind a wall into a corner of the contested area.
Ilios is really easy to knock people with Lucio. So is Nepal. For each of those maps 2/3 variations allow for easy push backs. Lijiang isn't quite as easy for me, but it still works.

There's a reason he has like a 150% pickrate on KOTH.

BigDug13

Ilios is really easy to knock people with Lucio. So is Nepal. Lijiang isn't quite as easy for me, but it still works.

There's a reason he has like a 150% pickrate on KOTH.

Also because it's tough for squishy healers to survive KOTH. Lucio is basically a necessary pick if you want healing in KOTH.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol @ Junkrat

CkJyu48WUAASxHo.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I had to decipher that one. Maybe he used his push to put the opposing Reaper back in front of Lucio's Reinhart shield which allowed the Lucio to safely shoot the Reaper dead.

Oh yeah, I thought he meant he pushed the reaper so that the reaper can kill behind rein's shiled.

BRO I SWEAR TO GOD IF I GO THROUGH ONE MORE PERSON AND GET MY BODY TELEPORTED BACK TO A KILL POINT I SWEAR TO GOD BRO FIX IT BRO IM SICK OF IT BRO I WASNT EVEN THERE ANYMORE BRO HOW DO I DIE THERE BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't take teleporters anymore unless I see the Sym putting in work

Canucked

Oh my fucking god you god damned Widowmaker and Pharah players.
I do not care what the fuck you are doing or what kind of dramatic posing you are doing flying around, if your god damned feet are not on the ground you are not scoring the objective and when it is 99/99 overtime you need to get your ass off of the roof tops and stop flying around and get your fucking feet down.
AAAAAAARRRRRGH

I was mercy today for a bit and once we started to win everyone got cocky and left the control point. I was killed watching a Pharah fly away. It was stupid of me to stay, but it didn't occur to me that absolutely everyone decided to lone wolf for kills when we were in control.

R0ckman

How can you tell if someone has slight aim bot assistance? Even yesterday people had great difficulty fighting me one on one as Tracer but in some games its like they know where I'm going before I blink. I fought a VERY good Tracer once and even they were not this accurate.

Do they bust out the bots when they start losing? Had a match with a group that wasnt too hard at first but they busted out bastion (my group was not organized so that was bad enough) they attached Mercy to the bastion and hid, tried to kill the Mercy but she was hitting me with almost every shot despite moving wildly from side to side even as I was blinking around her and as I said before it was like she knew where I was blinking to before I got there. I got revived there so I didn't get to see the kill cam.

We were not steam rolled for most of it as we got the payload half way through the map then suddenly everything went to hell. It was a group game, maybe they were just off the first half of it but they were using the same guys the whole way through so I don't know.

Basically this is what I am talking about. Turtle, build wall, survive for ten seconds then turtle again.

Also I get the fan art now of her just freezing people and point blank blasting them in the face as she just stares at you dead eye. Have had it happen to me and been doing it a lot tonight. Just stands right in front of helpless people.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Basically this is what I am talking about. Turtle, build wall, survive for ten seconds then turtle again.

Also I get the fan art now of her just freezing people and point blank blasting them in the face as she just stares at you dead eye. Have had it happen to me and been doing it a lot tonight. Just stands right in front of helpless people.

She needs to see the faces of the people first up close just to feel alive.

MGrant

I mean, if you're trying to 1v1 Mei and you're not a McCree, Zarya, or Reaper who knows what they're doing, you're gonna have a bad time. Fight her from a distance or switch heroes. The turtling isn't THAT good.

charsace

I see.

Yeah, not into Sym/Bastion/snipers for KOTH

He has the potential to one shot a small portion of the roster, and to hook combo some more, but not to the extent where he's OP.

A small portion? He one shots all offensive heroes, all defensive heroes, all support heroes, and Dva when she's outside of her mech. I the time it takes for the whole hook to play out I can take a bathroom break. The heed shot after the hook is easy to line up.

Apathy

serious had a group do 6 soldiers was awful and i leave, to queue into another group, i end up again against the same group now doing 6 meis, fuck that, no, there needs to be a limit even in quick play, this is all kinds of stupid

this is what's going to kill this game if this is allowed, people are fine with 1 annoying character not 6 of them

Blues1990

Edit: lol @ Junkrat

CkJyu48WUAASxHo.jpg

I love that the dude cosplaying as Junkrat has a doughnut pool float that is modeled to resemble a tire. And we need Reaper wearing a Hawaiian shirt & straw hat (and wielding super soakers in place of his shotguns) as an alternative costume.

JTripper

I love that the dude cosplaying as Junkrat has a doughnut pool float that is modeled to resemble a tire. And we need Reaper wearing a Hawaiian shirt & straw hat (and wielding super soakers in place of his shotguns) as an alternative costume.

I'm hoping someday we get alt costumes for everyone that are just completely absurd like Hawaiian Vacation Reaper.

Rokam

This game and destiny both suffer from the same problem, plopping you in a game in progress and giving you no progress towards your ult/super.

Blues1990

I'm hoping someday we get alt costumes for everyone that are just completely absurd like Hawaiian Vacation Reaper.

We're sort of there with some oddities, such as Mei dressing up as a fighter-fighter or Soldier 76's stunt rider outfit. But I would also like it if fans could vote for what costumes could be incorporated into a future update.

1upsuper

Hey, so I'm trying to find all of the costumes that come with alternate voice lines or other subtle changes. Here are the ones I know of so far:

Okami Hanzo - different voice line for his ult and the dragons become wolves
Valkyrie Mercy - talks about Valhalla
Devil Mercy - "Heroes never die...for a price."

I assume the palette swap of each of the above costumes has the same effect, though I am not positive.

Are there any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom