• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manoko

Both on score/min (performance).
Europe, PC.

Lucio:

RRomeN9.jpg

Junkrat:

2ETdE3r.jpg

Pretty proud of myself, especially since I've been kicked from a group lately after they had a defeat with me.
Didn't feel like it was my fault.

R0ckman

Haha this thread looks like a MOBA thread. When in doubt, it's always someone else's fault you lost.

You'll eventually realize you aren't as good as you think you are in your mind. You're not Seagull being held back by random pubs or a bad Hanzo/Widow/Mei. You're just as bad as they are.

I thought this too until I was keeping payloads in overtime by myself for minutes while my team kept wiping.

All these Reinhardt posts are just reinforcing my deep belief that Reinhardt is a crutch that makes teams weaker unless both the Reinhardt and the whole team is very good.

Playing well with a Reinhardt is hard. Doing the right things against a Reinhardt is very easy. Not to mention that Reinhardt is countered by the exact characters who are already pubstompers!

Play somebody with better offense. Anybody can push the payload. You can push it faster if the enemy team is dead first.

Reinhardt is one of my favorites to play as but sometimes my team just does nothing to support.

Just played a match where I was Reinhardt and pushed the payload like 80% of the way by myself just shielding. Did have fun occasionally breaking away and scaring the shit out of Widowmakers in their nests by sneaking up and around and charging them down into the fray, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Heh, just got the "Smooth as Silk" Achievement and don't even know how.

2016-06-0619_53_28-ovuqjbf.png

LiK

Way too many randoms do the death chain thing. GROUP UP YOU IDIOTS. Stop running into the enemy team by yourself and keep dying. You're no hero.

Trickster

You get a backfill 400xp and 250?xp for finishing the match. Been in those myself...not that bad for a minute of doing nothing..

It should be more like 1000 xp or something imo. I've tried getting under 700 xp for a match i got into at the end, not worth it imo

Manoko

Way too many randoms do the death chain thing. GROUP UP YOU IDIOTS. Stop running into the enemy team by yourself and keep dying. You're no hero.

I hate when this happens, I always say in chat to group up and not run one at a time but nobody listens.
I guess I need to play more to have higher MMR.

Interfectum

Lots of people in that Battlefront meat grinder mentality. Just keep throwing yourself at the enemy and eventually they'll be pushed back! lol

Played a game this morning with a troll symmetra on our team.

It was the night market for lijiang tower. She set up her teleported on the edge of the map facing death. She probably got 4"kills" from that thing alone.

Sorral

I thought this too until I was keeping payloads in overtime by myself for minutes while my team kept wiping.

Yeah, I was thinking in a similar shit until I played Payload modes a lot more. It is so damn dumb to watch it unfold and I started to just leave at the heroes selection screen with bad team comps for Payload.

I really just want KOTH matchmaking preference already. It is a lot more fun and more people actually work on the objective.

Hasney

It was the night market for lijiang tower. She set up her teleported on the edge of the map facing death. She probably got 4"kills" from that thing alone.

Damn, should have done that in my last game. My defense team was 3 Tors and 2 Bastions so I just went Mei and icewalled their attacks when I could. Fuck these boring ass teams.

Yeah, I was thinking in a similar shit until I played Payload modes a lot more. It is so damn dumb to watch it unfold and I started to just leave at the heroes selection screen with bad team comps for Payload.

I really just want KOTH matchmaking preference already. It is a lot more fun and more people actually work on the objective.

Hnnng yes, I've realised KOTH is by far the best mode and it's not even close.

Kyne

anyone having that first world problem where too many people you know have the game?

like damn. Work friends/normal friends/brother+friends/online friends...

dunno how to pick who to play with.

LiK

That gives them kills? They need to fix that. No wonder the trolls do it. Probably hoping for a POTG

You should hear the shit my wife says about our random Reinharts we play with when she is Mercy.

"Where the fuck are you going...? You realize, I'm not going to follow your, right?"

"I guess we're just going to observe the objective from this safe distance over here."

"That's right, drop your shield... it's not like you have 3 teammates shooting from behind you from safety. But you really wanted that flame strike to whiff, huh?"

"Turn the fuck around!"

"Fuck this guy, I'm switching to Lucio..."

I wont play Reinhart because I get it even worse. D:

Lmfao!!!! I usually think this but never say it haha

Team is for your whole team including any randoms you were matched with while Group is your private in game party. I think auto join will auto switch the channel for you, if both are set to auto join group chat will supersede team chat. You can manually switch between channels under the social menu.

Hmm okay, I had it backwards. So Group takes priority over Team. Make sense. Thanks.

Just started playing Zarya for the first time the other night, she's my new favorite.

When I play Roadhog make sick MLG plays, Zarya wins games. Both are awesome.

Same, incredible character. Having spent a considerable amount of time with her over the weekend I feel like a well played Zarya can impact a game like few others. Playing with her alongside a Roadhog is ridiculous.

If anything, buff the damage boost. I feel like it's better for me to teamshoot behind reinhardt's shield than it is to boost one of the players most of the time.

Yeeeeah I'm basically damage boosting 100% of the time I'm not healing, but I don't have any good sense of how much it helps. I read somewhere it's a 30% damage boost, is that right? That seems like a lot, I guess?

Sorral

I leave every game that has a Widowmaker in it.

Just can't take it anymore.

I started to see how bad they really are once I played on Genji to his strength a lot more by flanking snipers. That moment when you reflect their mercy charged shot is just mmmmmmmmmm then proceed to come a lot closer and watch them dance-jump. There's always that person that picks widowmaker at the start every single time regardless of what's going on.

Any double sniper team is instant leave for me on selection screen. Yeah, I guess I am starting to sound like a dick, but tbh if they don't care about their teammates, then why should I care about them?

vypek

I have this strong feeling that I'll never get that one.

You can get it different ways. Either by popping up into the air with her using her grappling hook and then a headshot, hitting jump and fire at the same time for a headshot or by walking off a ledge and getting a headshot

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What are the characters skins that have differents lines of dialogues? I mean there is the obvious Mercy or Hanzo, but what else?

The pirate costume of Torb change his Hello line to "Ahoy matey!" sometimes for example.

Grief.exe

Same, incredible character. Having spent a considerable amount of time with her over the weekend I feel like a well played Zarya can impact a game like few others. Playing with her alongside a Roadhog is ridiculous.

I've been trying g to refine my game with her, so been playing non-stop the past few days. One thing I've taken away from the experience is she's basically an essential part of the game, she just slots in to so many compositions, the ult combos well and is one of the best in the game, and she truly swings the outcome of the match with her shields and damage.

I leave every game that has a Widowmaker in it.

Just can't take it anymore.

At least on PC, she's becoming top tier due to the sheer amount of damage she's able to output.

Has to be played aggressively , not for K/D otherwise she's useless.

B.O.O.M

Happiness is when: You play Lucio and just when an enemy Reaper starts doing his ULT, you push him...and he ULTS all the way to his death screaming die die die lol Glorious

LiK

Zarya is a gamechanger especially for clutch wins with her super. She can basically suck up the enemy teams and someone else can destroy them with their own super.

Sorral

On this Zarya talk, every time I hear her say her Ult line, I hear it as "I'm going to get Thomas's deal!" referencing some foodchain which is what someone said in this thread or OT1. Can't unhear that man

Prodigal

Banned
So even if I'm really good at sniping, should I just avoid the sniper characters so my teammates don't leave when I pick one? I wish they didn't get such a bad rep but whatever lol.

R0ckman

Yeah I'm not even really trying to brag, it was all around horrible, the enemy team sucked and my own team mates were horrid, it was overall a terrible experience, I get this sort of rush when I get an evenly matches battle and enjoy it even if I lose, but most games are just bad all around.

A lot of the times I die in payload over time holds is from a junkrat lucky shot.

Manoko

On this Zarya talk, every time I hear her say her Ult line, I hear it as "I'm going to get Thomas's deal!" referencing some foodchain which is what someone said in this thread or OT1. Can't unhear that man

I hear "I'm going for the Torb' nest steal"...

Owzers

The worst Rein feeling is when your shield breaks and you realize not only are no enemies dead, but there was never anyone behind you fighting with you.

my favorite games with reinhart are with a healer, maybe a bastion on the payload or a soldier 76 around the payload/shield, and a couple attackers going around picking people off.

but usually it's terrible games of people doing random things.

LiK

So even if I'm really good at sniping, should I just avoid the sniper characters so my teammates don't leave when I pick one? I wish they didn't get such a bad rep but whatever lol.

Man, pick whoever you want. I'd rather have a good sniper than a player playing some shitty alt.

Sorral

I was talking from my general experience of going against them lately. They die over and over, don't contribute to the game, and don't change when I make it part of my flanking game to not let them snipe in peace.

At least Hanzo got that Dragon Ult that will clear a point/Payload. I don't leave on single sniper games anyhow, so play what you want really.

Yeah I'm not even really trying to brag, it was all around horrible, the enemy team sucked and my own team mates were horrid, it was overall a terrible experience, I get this sort of rush when I get an evenly matches battle and enjoy it even if I lose, but most games are just bad all around.

A lot of the times I die in payload over time holds is from a junkrat lucky shot.

Yeah, just standing for a moment to see how your teammates go die one by one. Looks so bad :/ spamming group up and they just keep going forward by themselves.

Blizzard if you're reading this, then please give us some matchmaking preferences to pick some maps over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom