• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

Everytime I get on the brink of quitting the game when there's no group to play with, I get KOTH and enjoy playing the game again.

Please Blizzard, let me play it when I please. I beg of you.

Tried a few times and it's dead for EU console players that's for sure.

I never feel any anger during KOTH, unless it's a widowmaker that doesn't get on the point to hold time when everyone is running back

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Honestly a lot of the time it feels that this game doesn't want you to have fun and it just feels like a grind. I don't know if this is some sort of Blizzard design that people are used to and expect.

a grind towards what?

Xeteh

I'm a little upset that I had a match with a Zarya where I played Lucio and I never once got shielded but I saw Zarya shield Mei 5 times and each time was pointless because she went into Ice. I really wan ted to yell at him "Stop shielding your waifu and shield the guy healing you goddammit!" Semi-rant but I wanted to get it off my chest.

Sometimes its painfully obvious who is queued up with who. The Mercy that rarely heals anyone else other than the one person etc.

Honestly a lot of the time it feels that this game doesn't want you to have fun and it just feels like a grind. I don't know if this is some sort of Blizzard design that people are used to and expect.

Unless you're a compulsive "gotta catch them all" cosmeetics type of player what is there to grind for.

I play. Cause its fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
100% spray collection complete and becoming the person in the top 100 of most time spent playing Bastion.

lofty goals. jokes aside, the game didnt have a "progression" system for the longest time in beta. And people cried a lot. Now it has a "progression system" and its a grind. Welp. I remember when you played games for, I dunno, the games.

I dont understand this generation #getoffmylawn #itsallCOD4sfault

Sorral

Everytime I get on the brink of quitting the game when there's no group to play with, I get KOTH and enjoy playing the game again.

Please Blizzard, let me play it when I please. I beg of you.

Tried a few times and it's dead for EU console players that's for sure.

Me too! I feel like tweeting them a bunch of times about it... Man, KOTH is just way more fun than payload with randoms. Even if you lose, it doesn't feel bad/unfun.

a grind towards what?

I never get this complaint. You paid for all of the non-cosmetic items in the game, anything else isn't a grind, it's optional. You don't need the skins and highlight intros; they're just perks for progression. You are in no way forced to grind out anything.

eek5

So is discord the best way to get a group of Gaffers going? I was on there yesterday and it seemed kind of dead.

I just add everyone that posts in the LFG room then send them group invites or req group invites when I sign on. Has worked OK for me.

ExVicis

Sometimes its painfully obvious who is queued up with who. The Mercy that rarely heals anyone else other than the one person etc.
Maybe that was it, but it would have been nice to get even one. At least one when they're right in front of me and can see I'm being pursued

I'm personally still completely in love with the game. Maybe that's because I wasn't in the beta, maybe that's because my time with Team Fortress was incredibly brief but any complaints I have are super minor. I did get legitimately angry last night for the first time, though, during a 4 game losing streak when my team was insanely out classed, me include by the opposing teams. That is a part of me I'm trying to improve. No reason to get angry at being out played.

lofty goals. jokes aside, the game didnt have a "progression" system for the longest time in beta. And people cried a lot. Now it has a "progression system" and its a grind. Welp. I remember when you played games for, I dunno, the games.

I dont understand this generation #getoffmylawn #itsallCOD4sfault

People actually want pointless levels. They actually want people to be punished for leaving a server when they are not have fun because it means it takes them longer to unlock the next spray or something. I just don't get it. Too old maybe. This game just needs more game modes and different things to do in my opinion. Chasing stats and cosmetics is miserable.

Skii

How am I supposed to use Reaper? I use his L1 attack and I literally don't understand what it's supposed to do. I'm so confused. I know R1 is a blink ability.

Moonlight

Banned
Got Scarecrow Junkrat off my latest lootbox. It's probably my favourite skin for him out of the two legendaries, but I stiiiill don't like playing Junkrat.

How am I supposed to use Reaper? I use his L1 attack and I literally don't understand what it's supposed to do. I'm so confused. I know R1 is a blink ability.

L1 is invincibility, you dont take any damage.
You can float away from battle which is cool cause in that form you can pickup health packs.

eek5

Flank people, shoot them in the back of their heads. Right before you die use L1 and run away.

Grief.exe

My integrated graphic card is not supported i think. I thought it was going to run at 30 fps at least, i didn't buy it console because i hate aiming with controller but i wanted it so bad..... FUCK

Perfect excuse to build a new pc!

Doesn't even need to build a new PC, just needs to slotnin a cheap GPU.

The 750 ti performs better than the PS4 in multiplatform games and I've seen it frequently on sale for ~$100.

Lol

Don't known what it is on console, but there is a button you press when you choose a character that explains their abilities.

Rhaknar

MFPallytime ‏@MFPallytime 21m21 minutes ago
♥ Overwatch (Gameplay) - Widowmaker Makes Me Feel Old, Slow & Bad.: http://youtu.be/Oljl9nWOpLM?a via @YouTube

I know that feeling pallytime ;_;

vocab

I wish the sound in this game was better. Yes the ult audio queues are fine (widows is bugged), but god damn the directional sound in this game is terrible. Footsteps are too quiet most of the time, above and below direction doesn't exist in this game at all. Hell, some of the feed back on damaged going out/received is piss poor. I had a reaper with me, and a dva flow above and behind me and shes gunning me down, and this reaper just keeps walking. In any other game id get help, but you can barely hear her machinegun.

Xeteh

Got Scarecrow Junkrat off my latest lootbox. It's probably my favourite skin for him out of the two legendaries, but I stiiiill don't like playing Junkrat.

I love playing Junkrat, he's a blast. I got his Fool legendary skin and I fucking hate it, I'm very tempted to buy one of the 250 credit ones and never look at Fool again. Jealous of your Scarecrow!

Got a slight Roadhog addiction going on right now. Great for most team comps and goes against all the heroes pretty well.

27407660782_fbc06bf7a7_b.jpg

27472146386_de4eccceed_b.jpg

maouvin

I wish the sound in this game was better. Yes the ult audio queues are fine (widows is bugged), but god damn the directional sound in this game is terrible. Footsteps are too quiet most of the time, above and below direction doesn't exist in this game at all. Hell, some of the feed back on damaged going out/received is piss poor. I had a reaper with me, and a dva flow above and behind me and shes gunning me down, and this reaper just keeps walking. In any other game id get help, but you can barely hear her machinegun.

What? No way. What are you playing with? Did you enable Dolby Atmos on the soud settings?
I can hear footsteps and shooting clearly. Can even hear when DVa is eating my shots with her barrier (and not at point-blank range only).

Got a slight Roadhog addiction going on right now. Great for most team comps and goes against all the heroes pretty well.

Slight.

Codeblew

ffs are you serious blizzard.

Just got thrown into a game, see a near immediate defeat screen before even picking a character, then get 0 xp and get thrown back to main menu to restart search for a game

Fucking give people a proper xp reward when you throw them into the middle of a game

This happened to me 2 games in a row. Join... Defeat. Join... Defeat. 0XP both times and a waste of about 5 minutes. I hope they don't count as losses on my record because that would be even more bullshit.

You get a backfill 400xp and 250?xp for finishing the match. Been in those myself...not that bad for a minute of doing nothing..

Not if you join right at the defeat. You get zilch, nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom