• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're nerfing her damage so Zen doesn't just become dust the second Wodwmaker even looks at him.

One possible fix would be to lower base damage on her snipes by a third and increase her headshot multiplier to 3x. Body shots do less, headshots do the same as they do now, so body shots don't nearly kill most of the cast but you're still rewarded for headshots like you should be as a sniper.

I would be dust if widowmaker looked at me

image.php

nOoblet16

You can interrupt Reaper's ultimate with stuns or just kill him. Granted it's kind of a lame ult, but sometimes you just have to applaud a good ambush. Yes, he just pushes Q, but knowing when and where to do it is impressive.

It is, if a Reaper manages a team kill or even most of the team then its their fault really for:

1) Letting him jump on you unnoticed
2) Bunching up like that
3) Not interrupting/taking him out mid ult

L.O.R.D

can we start with the new name OT?

rP0Qhmb.png

Overwatch |OT3| Protect your fucking Mercy
or
Overwatch |OT3| No Mercy for cheaters,except for Mcree

Kito

Just had my favourite defence pub match of all time. Started off as 6 Symmetras. Then switched to 6 torbs at the payload's final few seconds, and pushed it back to the previous checkpoint. The map was glowing in surplus armour. :')

Uthred

Lucio's "mode" has no effect on payload from what I can see, handy way to test is to set up a custom game on Dorado with you as the sole attacking player. With healing mode on you have 4:00 left when you hit the first checkpoint, with speed mode on you also have 4:00 left when you hit the first checkpoint.

Checked point capture using custom game, one player, Nepal mapset, with speed mode and amp it up it took ~8 seconds to capture the point, with heal mode on it took ~8 seconds to capture the point.

darklin0

Banned
"Widowmaker is on our radar. We are discussing her. We have some internal experiments going to see if we can keep her viable while lowering the frustration threshold a little bit. Right now, this is just exploration. If something more comes of it, we'll let you know."

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745185102#post-2
Longer charge up time. Like it was mentioned before. The Sniper in TF2 lacked all the fancy stuff and he still could destroy teams. You can nerf her damage or make it easier to stop her but they would just hurt Widow as a viable character. A longer charge up would be the best balance honestly.

Arcteryx

Longer charge up time. Like it was mentioned before. The Sniper in TF2 lacked all the fancy stuff and he still could destroy teams. You can nerf her damage or make it easier to stop her but they would just hurt Widow as a viable character. A longer charge up would be the best balance honestly.

Personally, I'd rather see them change the charge mechanic to "hold to charge". That way you couldn't really spam mini-charges.

Ferrio

Banned

I wish people would stop comparing her to the TF2 sniper. Yes she's OP as shit compared to him, but so is everyone else in Overwatch compared to TF2. I never had to deal with a heavy jumping halfway across the map and smack me in the face.

Wow... failed an attack on Gibraltar... Didn't even make it to the very first checkpoint...

The first fucking checkpoint...

I'm sure it wasn't the fact that we were attacking and had both a Widowmaker and a Hanzo on our team...

Overwatch |OT3| Story Mode: Fuck the Red Team
Overwatch |OT3| No Mercy for Old Reapers
Overwatch |OT3| Flashbang, Fan The Hammer, Roll, Fan The Hammer
Overwatch |OT3| Where every characters is OP
Overwatch |OT3| Salt. Salt everywhere.
Overwatch |OT3| DEATH FROM ABO-- AUGH!
Overwatch |OT3| Heroes never di-- DIE DIE DIE
Overwatch |OT3| It's high noon somewhere in the world
Overwatch |OT3| Guess I'm playing support
Overwatch |OT3| "I still haven't gotten any legendaries. I'm so unlucky."
Overwatch |OT3| Ya'all got any more of them lootcrates?
Overwatch |OT3| The search for legendaries continue

I'm done.

EDIT: Okay now I'm done.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

You gotta consider Overwatch is a way faster game than TF2.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Does joining a game and losing within 30 seconds count as a loss? lol That has happened to me at least 10 times. It's fucking annoying.

Drame

Nailed some games down on PC. It's almost laughable just how much better fps's are on mouse & keyboard.

Had a quite funny moment too on Nepal. Was playing as Lucio and bonked one of the enemy team Pharah's to the pit right next to the point. That's cool.

...Then the same Pharah rocket boosted up and shot me down with a rocket of hers. The killcam had almost JoJo's "to be continued" meme look to it and got a good laugh from it!

Just did a KOTH where the enemy team was all Tracer and one Lucio... No problem, I've beaten that comp a dozen times, a few Winston's and a healer shuts that right down... My team of level 50+ people decides "all Pharah, the character with some of the slowest projectiles in the game, she counters Tracer" so they all spend an entire round literally hitting nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OT3 has to be White, White, Blue, White come on

darklin0

Banned
I wish people would stop comparing her to the TF2 sniper. Yes she's OP as shit compared to him, but so is everyone else in Overwatch compared to TF2. I never had to deal with a heavy jumping halfway across the map and smack me in the face.
Nope. They are very similar and to not compare them is dumb. When we compare them is to show contrast or how things were done differently so we can get more angles on how a nerf or buff could affect the game.

Are they different? Yes. When we compare them does it mean we want one to be the other? No.
You gotta consider Overwatch is a way faster game than TF2.
It's debatable. 12v12 makes it easier to grind the game to a halt in TF2 when you get to choke points. A good team can rofl stomp in a couple of minutes. In a 6v6, aka Highlander, you play matches at a similar pace as Overwatch. The biggest difference is that instead on relying on a medic to Uber for a big push, in Overwatch you have multiple people who can start/stop a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom