• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
all aboard the e3 hype train

f9UfGR8.gif

Just changed jump to L3 and I honestly can't believe this wasn't default.

gonna try this

i tried putting jump on L1 before but i just couldn't get used to it.. primarily because i had to move the L1 to something else .. but with L3 there is nothing else to move around

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
OT3 has to be White, White, Blue, White come on
Okay yeah I think this wins.

Alternatively for something more helpful since apparently half the cast can flank on every single map, people need to learn how TO TURN AROUND EVERY FEW SECONDS.

Seriously. Also people need to learn to listen in this game, there are so many audio cues and tells. So many kills from just standing still and hearing someone walk up.
I do appreciate the game having individual hero senstivity/control settings

Tracer moves like a slug compared to Scout. Pharah moves like a slug compared to Soldier
Yeah but Pharah doesn't have damage falloff on her rockets which is pretty awesome. Dealing 120 instead of 25 is great.
Also if you haven't been using the jump -> kinetic -> rocket jump combo to travel 50m instantly HORIZONTALLY you should. Widows can get fucked everyday.

gonna try this

i tried putting jump on L1 before but i just couldn't get used to it.. primarily because i had to move the L1 to something else .. but with L3 there is nothing else to move around

I would be afraid of this.

I tried putting crouch on L3, and I just found myself accidentally crouching all the time.

So I would imagine accidental jumps would happen just as much.

Sorral

Hanzo and his tree logs.... instant tracking turrets... sigh

They take out the enjoyment out of the game. Gotta fucking counter that shit on all maps.

I would be afraid of this.

I tried putting crouch on L3, and I just found myself accidentally crouching all the time.

So I would imagine accidental jumps would happen just as much.

maybe it could be an issue with some characters but accidental jumping doesn't sound like a bad thing for a characters like lucio to me

i just really want to get something working where the jump button isn't X.. it just feels like I'm playing the game wrong that way.. can't even wall skate

What time of day does the weekly brawl switch over?

I'm ready for something new.

so what's a good reason to crouch. i don't think i ever use it in the game

Your footsteps are muted to the enemy team so they don't hear you coming up behind them, or on the other side of the wall.

Baliis

You don't make footsteps I believe, use it to move in doors so someone doesn't hear you around a corner. I've also had luck occasionally crouching behind the payload just to make myself a little smaller if I'm desperate to live.

Edit: move around in close quarters rather

HoodWinked

It's really good for pushing the payload I do it all the time to hide behind it as a healer

I've also seen some sniper vs sniper battles use quick crouching instead of moving left and right

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crouching reduces the sound of footsteps. Everyone has different. Zenyatta makes NO NOISE moving either way. Clearly a flanking class.
Wait can you break this down for me. You jump then kinetic blast the ground then rocket jump?

i think he means jetpack
JUMP, fire kinetic downwards, IMMEDIATELY hit Rocket Jump.
The 'speed' boost of rocket jump applies to the HORIZONTAL travel of kinetic.

You travel about 2 tracer jumps in a 45 degree angle. You get from spawn to the right widow perch on Kings Row in 1 second. Don't know how I played without it.

I really should be streaming since I can't find video of it. Every Pharah does it in comp play -> Barrage though.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Overwatch OT 3: A Popular and Critically Acclaimed Game

That will really upset all the Gaffers who are somehow salty about Overwatch's success.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This game keep going back to Windowed every goddamn day I start it up for the first time, no matter how many times I turn it back to Fullscreen.

Really annoying.

Rizzi

I want all the people who win, and then shit talk the enemy team to kill themselves.
This includes people who just go "EZ".

An actual good player using McCree is awful, just impossible to deal with, kills everything in one combo where you are rendered useless in a stun.

Being stunned is one of the worst game mechanics ever as there is just nothing you can do about it.

Haines

Banned
gonna try this

Elite controller solves all these problems.

It's the only way to play console overwatch.

Arcteryx

This game keep going back to Windowed every goddamn day I start it up for the first time, no matter how many times I turn it back to Fullscreen.

Really annoying.

alt+enter fixes it (at least temporarily), but yea, I've had that non-stop for the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom