• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

I agree, I never liked playing healers in MMO's, I am not goot at it

but I'm a decent mercy, I get legendary votes, if those mean anything

I just picked her because it seemed to be a good way to learn the game with a healer that sticks to his teammates.

but I completely fell in love with her, flying around in the heat of battle, find a good position to heal is just so much fun, you feel super valuable to the team and she has the most powerful ultimate in the game.

I wish she'd get another ability though

Haha sounds like me. :D

Another ability would be cool or something to make some more damage? Well her pistole can also kill shit, but somehow something is missing. I know what you are on. :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Actually been thinking for awhile now, but a recon style support class would be really cool. Like, take pharrah's air support style, but make it support? Travel through the skies in a glider like nausica, drop health in the style of supply drops, maybe bombs as an offensive skill, etc. etc.

BigDug13

Haha sounds like me. :D

Another ability would be cool or something to make some more damage? Well her pistole can also kill shit, but somehow something is missing. I know what you are on. :)

I don't get why Zenyatta gets a 50% debuff and Mercy only gets a 30% buff. Maybe if her buff was 50%, that would be pretty nice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Toblerone turrets are so bad just pick literally anything or 1 Rein shield if youre having trouble. Molten core is another story.
That might be useful to help me play Pharah better.
If you can find footage of some of the comp players using her it'll be good, but I haven't seen them stream Pharah.

Here's some reference gameplay, I had 3 good rounds to close the night out. Main thing is their sniper was bad and there was enough tankiness on the ground I could not have attention focused on me.
Forgot if it was you or someone else who asked me.

BigDug13

Probably because Zenyatta doesn't have any sort of escape and Discord falls off LoS

Yeah but zen can kill shit. He's as damaging as any other attack class if he can survive. His heal and debuff is autonomous to his ability to dish out damage. Mercy doesn't have that benefit.

LiK

Yeah but zen can kill shit. He's as damaging as any other attack class if he can survive. His heal and debuff is autonomous to his ability to dish out damage. Mercy doesn't have that benefit.

Yup, Discord along with his lock-on makes him pretty dangerous even against tanks.

peakish

If you can find footage of some of the comp players using her it'll be good, but I haven't seen them stream Pharah.

Here's some reference gameplay, I had 3 good rounds to close the night out. Main thing is their sniper was bad and there was enough tankiness on the ground I could not have attention focused on me.
Forgot if it was you or someone else who asked me.
Definitely booting up a custom game tonight to practice a bit. I'm bad at even remembering the conc blast, I need to build up some intuition for using it to get out of trouble.

Edit: I like how you went straight up to the Dva with defense matrix and punched her in the face at the end. With rocket jump ready to go, what is she going to do about it? I need to be better at thinking on the fly for that stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Mercy doesn't need that. Zenyatta can put a debuff on someone, but it has travel time and only effects one person. A Soldier 76 or any Sniper is going to pick out a Zenyatta instantly and you'll be dead before Discord even hits your target.

Where as Mercy can buff Bastion and wipe an entire group. Zenyatta can never wipe an entire group with his debuff

PatjuhR

One of my most irritating feelings playing this game is when we are on attack and we got two snipers (or heroes that supposed to take out turrets) that just don't do it.

We had a pretty good Reinhardt with his shield on the payload and we were killing the enemy fine, but we wouldn't progress because of two turrets and a bastion.

Ended up coming pretty close to victory because I also switch to Widowmaker to take down the turrets. But we didn't win it after all.

I just feel like reminding people that's your responsibility as a sniper to take down turrets.

Banzai

One of my most irritating feelings playing this game is when we are on attack and we got two snipers (or heroes that supposed to take out turrets) that just don't do it.

I know the feeling. It's the same when Reaper or Tracers don't try to pick off snipers or healers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh you know, whenever he snaps onto someone. I dunno what to call that.

Also, I don't like playing as Bastion but I really wanna get that 4 kill trophy and then I'll never play as him again.

Do you mean just the orbs or do you mean the attack? He does not lock on with his attacks, dues he?

Got 4 POTG in a row in this brawl. I think a lot of people just never play some of the characters because it seems like everyone is just way worse in these matches.

nOoblet16

I don't get why Zenyatta gets a 50% debuff and Mercy only gets a 30% buff. Maybe if her buff was 50%, that would be pretty nice.

Because Mercy's buff is 30% increase for one player against ALL enemies.
Zenyatta's debuff is a 50% damage increase for all players against one single enemy, that requires to be in LoS...and he is easy to take down.

Different things.
If Mercy's buff was 50% it would be far too OP considering she is a lot more difficult to take down than Zenyatta and also does not require LoS to the enemy.

LiK

Does anyone not think Torbens turrets need a HP nerf 150/300 is way too much.

Easy to take down with snipers. I think the distance they see enemies is too far and they also instantly shoot as soon as you even walk a pixel outta cover. It makes them too powerful.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Posted this last night but what the heck.

I suck at FPS game but love Overwatch because i can still do stuff like this in overtime :p

<3 Zarya - Sextuple Kill
How are you getting those "kills" while you're not even firing? Doesn't her ultimate just suck people like a vacuum into a small area? Or does it do damage as well? You get kills for anyone that dies while in it?

PatjuhR

Yea, maybe the only thing I would change is that they wouldn't turn so fast, because that's just pure bs sometimes.

But on the other hand I don't think they are OP so really nothing has to change about them. Yeah they are strong when Torbjorn ults, but it's his ult and easy to avoid.

Kinsei

Banned
How are you getting those "kills" while you're not even firing? Doesn't her ultimate just suck people like a vacuum into a small area? Or does it do damage as well? You get kills for anyone that dies while in it?

They were using her alt fire (the grenade thing).

PatjuhR

I also have complains about the consistency of Roadhog's hook.

I hooked a Lucio after he bumped out of bounds, but he didn't go down with me because of a minor obstacle that enemies normally go through when I hook them.

This is also the first time I hooked somebody while going out of bounds, so maybe it's not allowed? Anybody able to tell me?

kagamin

I got a nice POTG where I got a Mercy and Widowmaker with my riptire then i got a Pharah midair with a mine throw, finally a decent way for me to deal with Pharah as Junkrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom