• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The longer you hold her primary fire, the more damage it does. If you can stay alive long enough, she can melt tanks down pretty quickly.

It helps we were at the first choke on Dorodo, and had to deal with two Roadhogs and a pretty good Widow.

Oh that. Though you meant like a buff zenyatta style.

Yeah her gun is insanely good for tight, close groups. I get multi-kills all the time sneaking up behind a group's pocket medic and then just melting everyone else. Great against lucios due to the lock on.

besada

Banned
It requires a team that knows what it's doing, but I love sticking behind a Reinhardt as Mercy and damage boosting the DPS characters firing from behind the shield and helping them survive flankers

In a perfect world you don't have to chase anyone down because everyone's working the same area except snipers, who are so good they don't need your help:)

I didn't believe you guys when you said no one knows to stand behind Reinhardt's shield. Last night I had a Hanzo standing next to me trying to take out a Widow. It looked so novel I knew I never saw anything like that before lol

Lesath

I didn't believe you guys when you said no one knows to stand behind Reinhardt's shield. Last night I had a Hanzo standing next to me trying to take out a Widow. It looked so novel I knew I never saw anything like that before lol

Yo it's sad how many turrets and Bastions my Mercy has to take out behind Reinhardt's shield. In a perfect world I'd just be damage boosting a McCree or Soldier 76.

Dalek

This game is quickly becoming for me an exercise in frustration. Everyone else in the game is at expert level and plays 10 hours a day, and I go on with an hour or two a night if I'm lucky-and my sole purpose for being there is just to be cannon fodder in someone else's Play of the Game video.

Zekes!

This game is quickly becoming for me an exercise in frustration. Everyone else in the game is at expert level and plays 10 hours a day, and I go on with an hour or two a night if I'm lucky-and my sole purpose for being there is just to be cannon fodder in someone else's Play of the Game video.

I've definitely played with some people way better than me, but even in those situations I still manage to have fun if my team is competent and if I choose a hero in which I can somewhat help.

I played Zenyatta for the first time since the beta and he clicked so much more with me now. I think it's 'cause I came to understand how his mechanics operate.

patchday

I think they talked about daily quests and stuff like Hearthstone but I might be imagining.

I actually hate daily quests. They are always lame and force you to play a role. Would be a bad idea in Overwatch since you can switch roles at will.

(dailies work great in Hearthstone but they suck in Heroes of the Storm and are a burden and a chore)

I actually hate daily quests. They are always lame and force you to play a role. Would be a bad idea in Overwatch since you can switch roles at will.

(dailies work great in Hearthstone but they suck in Heroes of the Storm and are a burden and a chore)

I want endless dailies to play support and tank so people will actually do that and I can play someone other than Zarya/Mercy

patchday

I want endless dailies to play support and tank so people will actually do that and I can play someone other than Zarya/Mercy

hm, yeah thats a valid point. I too get tired of playing Mercy 100%. Shes fun but dont want to be forced to be support.

But if I dont support what I've seen happen is someone acts like they will support and then change their class half way. I verbally told him thats not cool and had to take over support

Kinsei

Banned

I see tons of tanks online. Roadhog and D. Va in particular seem to be really popular. I would love to see some incentive to get people to play support. I always feel guilty picking someone else as I know 99% of the time no one else on my team will even if they are the last one to pick their character. I currently have over 6 hours of play with Lucio (I only got the game a couple days ago. Please send help) and most of that was because I felt forced to (But I love Lucio so it's not like I minded).

hm, yeah thats a valid point. I too get tired of playing Mercy 100%. Shes fun but dont want to be forced to be support.

But if I dont support what I've seen happen is someone acts like they will support and then change their class half way. I verbally told him thats not cool and had to take over support

At least you'll be appreciated during the card vote on most occasions.

Is there anything more satisfying than shooting another Pharah out of the sky? Take your punk ass back to the spawn room. It's not safe out here

Spinifex

I delay my pick in pub games and choose whatever is best suited to the comp. 90% of the time I play Lucio or Mercy as nobody goes support. The other 10% I choose something else and yep, inevitably, the initial support has switched over to Hanzo or Widow. FML.

Shouta

Man, I had so many teammates that couldn't play offense tonight, lol. Tank and Support can't do all the work. =(

On the bright side, I scored a 36 Elim game with Tracer. That was fun.

Dad

is there anything more satisfying than walking through an unassuming doorway and being mercilessly fried by symmetra turrets

What's going on? None of the heros are loading in my game (same with sound) and I keep getting massive lag spikes, basically making the game unplayable, even on low. WTF?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks for the fast replies
So that star will go up to 189

I think 1890 is level cap atm

Kinsei

Banned
Even more satisfying, hooking a Reinhardt trying to push you off

The most satisfying thing to hook is a Reaper or Pharah mid-ult. Pulling a Bastion in turret mode away from his team and into yours is also pretty awesome.

I love him, but man, I'd really like to play someone else sometimes. I really hope pubs are less annoying once ranked mode hits.

I imagine they will be. In my experience the players that ignore their team 9and as such never play support) tend to think they're the best at the game and will most likely exclusively play ranked leaving quick play and the brawls for the rest of us.

Jblanks

Everytime I see our healer as Zenyatta I just switch off tank, I aint staying alive with him (I know he can be good, but I haven't seen it).

Fugu

Everytime I see our healer as Zenyatta I just switch off tank, I aint staying alive with him (I know he can be good, but I haven't seen it).
Zen isn't a dedicated healer, that's why. He's a decent character but he can't keep anyone alive, much less an entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom