• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarburr

Finally getting over my anxiety with talking to teammates. Damn overwatch is so much more fun when you talking to new friends!

Btw. Zarya/Mercy combo is beast.

I've lost so many games tonight. My soul has been crushed into a fine paste and scattered upon my many corpses.

Overwatch gods, pls grant me victory from now on.
white white blue white.. spray spray icon spray..

Dupe, dupe, dupe, dupe. You know it's coming.

Heel

Honestly, I'd rather Blizzard delay competitive mode than ship a coin flip tiebreaker for payload. Haven't played, mind you, but seems like such a bad idea on paper. Just send it to a control map.

For those who have played it, how are you feeling about it?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
iz8eN7L.png
csDTy33.jpg

a8uGeYB.png

SOMEONE STOP BLIZZARD absolute madmen
Finally getting over my anxiety with talking to teammates. Damn overwatch is so much more fun when you talking to new friends!

Btw. Zarya/Mercy combo is beast.
I prefer Lucio for speed (chase) and both of you can shoot / control. Really good skirmishing combination.

Wimps

A lot of Widowmaker's I'm running into just sit back and snipe poorly. If its payload, they'll rush forward at like the last 60 secs just blazing away.

starting to dislike seeing her on my team.

Same here. And most of the Widow's seem to ignore the high ground. You can train wreck enemy pushes if you have a better position.

Anyone knows if the 1 hero limit will be enabled during comp. play?

Rize_21

That's what I got at lvl 27 and 75(yesterday), got the Stonehardt skin for lvl 50 too, can't complain about loot boxes here, got most of the cool cosmetic contents now.
Time to save for the next batch coming soon I hope!

Shouta

people are too stupid for this game.

I rip tire to scatter the opponents team and i run it into the wall to hold it, my team does nothing to try to pass the choke on hanamura, they just stand there. Like move motherfuckers the other team scattered we can go, but nope, that does not go through their tiny heads at all

Yeah, it happens a lot when I'm playing Reinhardt. We can't break their line but I hit my Earthshatter or shoulder tackle through the enemy to stomp them from clumping and no one follows up picking off the scattered folks up. Or worse, you're shielding all of the damage from enemy fire but they let a Mei through and don't kill her so you get frozen from behind, that's the entire point of his character, take your damage for you so you can get shots off.

Sorral

Yeah, it happens a lot when I'm playing Reinhardt. We can't break their line but I hit my Earthshatter or shoulder tackle through the enemy to stomp them from clumping and no one follows up picking off the scattered folks up. Or worse, you're shielding all of the damage from enemy fire but they let a Mei through and don't kill her so you get frozen from behind, that's the entire point of his character, take your damage for you so you can get shots off.

I played Reinhardt so much in the Beta that I stopped playing him in the full game after seeing how teammates are to him as a tank. A lot of people don't really take advantage of what a RH brings to the table. Block turrets and/or a Bastion damage, so teammates can destroy them? Nope. As you said about stunning people with Earthshatter, but not picked off.

I used Roadhog a lot, but now use Zarya and Winston instead because he is too big of a hitbox for med to long range heroes. Very rarely use Reinhardt over the other three like maybe the payload is at the last push and I wasn't on Winston already.

XenoRaven

My favorite is this classic while playing Lucio or Zen:

"My ultimate is ready!"

"Group up with me!"

*Team sort of loosely groups.*

*I pop my ult.*

*Team stands in front of the choke point and doesn't move.*

Like how much more obvious do you need to make it that it's time to try and push?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think my bad luck with loot boxes has ended.

2 legendary in the last two boxes.

One was Frogston and the other was currency but hey im not even mad since new skins are coming soon.

27239118103_aa4611a51d_b.jpg

4 Torbs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had three torbs, Widowmaker, mercy and someone (probably Bastion or a tank) on the opposite team on Dorado. I tried as hard as I can and managed to take their torb/mercy party of three guys with Pharah's ult, and no one pushed the payload from my team. I switched to Widowmaker and sniped the torrets after failing as Reaper at first. Again, my team got smashed and the other team was like "ez" on the main chat.

I could have went with a Rein+Widow+Mercy combo to take their torrets and have other tanks (Zarya or D.Va) push the payload. Torb obviously doesn't seem like something I would pick in organized groups, competitive or any sort of high level play; he works well on solo que though. Basically, any tricky character that requires coordination to beat does well on solo que because of the no fucks given on solo que.

On a side note, I was Rein on Volskaya defense, and a Hanzo was trying to snipe our Torb's torret in the middle which I was protecting. He was trying to snipe it really hard lol (kept on coming back via platforms and that same spot).

My favorite is this classic while playing Lucio or Zen:

"My ultimate is ready!"

"Group up with me!"

*Team sort of loosely groups.*

*I pop my ult.*

*Team stands in front of the choke point and doesn't move.*

Like how much more obvious do you need to make it that it's time to try and push?

I told my team that my ult (Pharah's barrage) is ready. I walked alongside our Reinhardt who pushed from the side and he pulled his shield off right after I used the ult; he just fucked off and let me die after I almost took down three enemies.

grimmiq

Some hero choices are just baffling to me..Like picking Torb on King's Row attack, and people switching from Hanzo to Widowmaker as if that would make a huge difference.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some hero choices are just baffling to me..Like picking Torb on King's Row attack, and people switching from Hanzo to Widowmaker as if that would make a huge difference.
I had to beg my last two Hanzo's to switch on Temple of Anubis: Attack and they only really bothered when we had like a minute and a half left and only one went to Tank while the other went to Widow. Sad!

Sn4ke_911

The next new hero better be a healer because this is getting ridiculous. When i'm not healing nobody does.

Lucio is already my most played hero, i want to play other heroes too ya know

fresquito

Yesterday I had my first competitive match. I picked Winston and two other guys picked him. I switched and they switched as well. They were basically counterpicking me, in my own team, for some reason.

You can not be a regular online player and still have any hope for mankind.

The next new hero better be a healer because this is getting ridiculous. When i'm not healing nobody does.

Unless it's a healer who heals by killing people or dying themselves, no more people will play them than do the existing ones.

Pachimari

I like Genji, Soldier 76 and Mercy and those are the ones I'm practicing with at the moment. It's really annoying being up against a Tracer though, unless you got Soldier 76's Ultimate ready.

Dalek

From my killcams it sure seems like other people must be having fun playing this game-they just land kills super easy. Not on my side though-everyone is a bullet sponge.

Blizzard

Banned
I need to stop solo queuing and only play when my friends are online before I end up frisbee'ing the disc out a window.
I lose most of my games (with hundreds played, I'm at like 47% instead of 50%, not even Blizzard's matchmaking can save me) but I feel like I win more soloing than grouping.

Then again, I've also had people who lose most of their games duo with me, and we promptly get wins. I'm the anti-lose-streak player!

Ramirez

Seen so much hero stacking tonight, the game is fucking awful when this happens for stretches at a time. Just no fun, win or lose.

Banzai

Unless it's a healer who heals by killing people or dying themselves, no more people will play them than do the existing ones.

Decent idea. Could be something vampire-like. You drain health from enemies by damaging them and then place Health packs around the maps from their blood. Or something.

I'm still interested in seeing what a support sniper would be exactly, though.

Sn4ke_911

mercy is plenty appealing tho

therefore it's impossible

Well obviously not for enough people.

Lets be real, not enough healers has always been a problem in those team based shooters, just look at TF2 for example.

I want to be good with Pharah but I am absolutely terrible with her.

Also, Zarya is a goddamn monster and people know it now. She's in almost every game lately.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

I get that or no one wants to tank. Had a few tonight where I went Mercy and another went Zenyatta with a Reinhardt tank on payload missions, though, which went insanely well for us.

Generally, though, it feels like a lot of people look at group comp similarly to an MMORPG where most folks avoid tanks and heals like the plague. I don't know it they assume it functions the exact same way in Overwatch, but they just seem to shy away in favor of Leroy Jenkins-ing everything (and failing).

Also, if there is one tank or healer in the group, the rest don't bother with the roles even if it does work to have a secondary person in those roles depending on the map.

fresquito

Well obviously not for enough people.

Lets be real, not enough healers has always been a problem in those team based shooters, just look at TF2 for example.
The problem is a bit deeper. It's not that there're no healers, the problem is that there's not a basic understanding of what the game is about. Like yesterday I had thiss team of retards playing with me at Nepal. We had a Mercy, I played Hog. The rest of the team were: Hanzo, Two Torbs and Bastion. I was on overdrive for 90% of the game, but still I could not win because it was basically impossible winning a king of the hill game with such a composition.

It's really upsetting. I have eyesight problems, thus my skills are limited, but I usually do my job. I wish I played with more people with eyesight problems instead of brain problems.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If there are no healers I just go zenyetta now.

Not optimal but fuck it, I want to have fun too. Plus most of the time it kinda doesn't really matter. Now that he can't be bodyshot to death he's much more viable.

Sn4ke_911

Because of his broken ass arrow hitboxes Hanzo has become my most hated hero.

Congrats.

tumblr_o6yclcXzdA1ruf33ro1_500.jpg

ekim

Competitive is depressing as hell.

I'm with you. But at least people talk more and take the game more serious but some people just don't get the "team" part in Teamplay. Mostly it's a problem of communication due to all countries playing on the same server and a lot of people (me included) have a shitty ping.

whoop, not sure where my jackal unbox went buuuuuuuuut hopefully its something bugged on the PTR cause I definitely unboxed that and its not in my inventory o_O

Comp is weird, though I guess thats how placement matches work. My pharra isn't up to snuff vs better players, basically sticking to junkrat and zarya. But we cracked a 2 bastion & torb setup on hanamura B, that felt good. Its really easy to harass bastions when the rest of the team doesn't roam and kill you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom