• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorral

Because of his broken ass arrow hitboxes Hanzo has become my most hated hero.

Congrats.

tumblr_o6yclcXzdA1ruf33ro1_500.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/1M6XiEb

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Id say my two most annoying champs to face are Bastion and Tracer, I dont know how you kill a good Tracer, death of a thousand cuts, Bastion is just obnoxious as fuck.

I really dislike Hanzos hitboxes but you can Genji and mess him up pretty good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Weird...I have a pretty bleh W/L with Genji but on masteroverwatch I'm apparently #56 for score per minute.

Also fuck Torb stacks jesus christ.

Some hero choices are just baffling to me..Like picking Torb on King's Row attack, and people switching from Hanzo to Widowmaker as if that would make a huge difference.
Once you have your payload, plonking down a turret on top of it is sometimes pretty handy. We sometimes use it as a radar to know when to put my shield up, and when I could let it change. That mobile turret becomes your best buddy you can have as a Reinhardt in general. Turret won't run away from the objective, will always help push, and it'll shoot for you while you have your shield up. I don't know why people aren't making creepy fanfics about this pair-up.

Id say my two most annoying champs to face are Bastion and Tracer, I dont know how you kill a good Tracer, death of a thousand cuts, Bastion is just obnoxious as fuck.

I really dislike Hanzos hitboxes but you can Genji and mess him up pretty good.
I have the same issue with Tracer. I can't deal with a good one at all, in spite having looked up strats multiple times.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Once you have your payload, plonking down a turret on top of it is sometimes pretty handy. We sometimes use it as a radar to know when to put my shield up, and when I could let it change. That mobile turret becomes your best buddy you can have as a Reinhardt in general. Turret won't run away from the objective, will always help push, and it'll shoot for you while you have your shield up. I don't know why people aren't making creepy fanfics about this pair-up.

I have the same issue with Tracer. I can't deal with a good one at all, in spite having looked up strats multiple times.

Ive seen a few streams of people who main her and there is not a huge amount it seems you can do, its an issue where her movement is always a step ahead of reasonable reaction times, if she blinks behind someone then doing a 180 and firing before she blinks again is just not something you can do, even with anticipation. This is mitigated by the fact her damage is relatively low but still, theres not much counterplay.

Dragner

I embarrass myself any time I play reindhart. Is supposed to be an easy hero but my lord I suck at him...and is a shame because I have the stone skin that is gorgeous but Im so bad...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I embarrass myself any time I play reindhart. Is supposed to be an easy hero but my lord I suck at him...and is a shame because I have the stone skin that is gorgeous but Im so bad...

He's only easy if your team actually knows how to use him.

Also he's not that easy.

mollipen

Ya they need to find a way to make healers more appealing to people.

Healing is far and away my favorite job in team-based games, but I understand why it's hard to find people who want to fill that role. You don't get to be the "cool" people getting the kills, you get little glory and even less recognition for your hard work, and you're often the first scapegoat when something goes wrong (though I've run into that last one less in Overwatch).

But, you know, it makes me happy, because I almost never have to fight over Mercy with someone.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Never faced or played with a good team with Zarya + Hanzo ?

Surprising.
I get a surprising number of Hanzo's on my Team still and Zarya makes them NOT AS USELESS.
SHIELD IDIOTS, GET CARRY SOLO DAMAGE
WALK INTO CHOKES TO MAKE YOUR TEAM PUSH
SOLO GAME WINNING ULTIMATE
SAVE YOUR HEALER

balanced russian woman

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Problem is that without his dumbass hitbox why use him over widow?

He's already inferior in nearly every way.
I've ran into amazing Hanzo's 2-3 times and they can completely shut down a team if not dealt with. The effective damage burst from him at close-mid range with wall hack is very strong.
So this happened to my friend a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svqoo-UoicE

Why would you even use Pharah's ult that close to the ground?
It's good to mix it up since everyone usually looks up and sometimes you don't want the enemy to have more reaction time. Looks like they just aimed it downwards before trying to guide it up.

Rocketz

Loot box struggle has been real the past 10-15 boxes. White, White, Blue, White. Bunch of sprays and account icons. I think my luck has ran out.

I do have 1300 gold. I want to wait until the new character but I've really been eyeing the Sunyatta skin for Zen. Don't know if I want to wait or not.

zonezeus

Is it me or has matchmaking gone to shit? I don't really have balanced, even games anymore, it's either stomp or get stomped. It's getting really frustrating, I'm close to 55% win ratio so it's "get stomped" almost every match now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've ran into amazing Hanzo's 2-3 times and they can completely shut down a team if not dealt with. The effective damage burst from him at close-mid range with wall hack is very strong.

But there are better and more consistent mid-close dps characters.

More frequent wall hacks are nice though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
But there are better and more consistent mid-close dps characters.

More frequent wall hacks are nice though.
I mean, really, really good Hanzo's. The kind where jumping means you get headshot and often the kill feed is 50% them. "Hey we need to deal with that Hanzo'
Like I said, a rarity.

vareon

So this happened to my friend a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svqoo-UoicE

Why would you even use Pharah's ult that close to the ground?

"JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE" kinda creates people's expectations that she should shoot from up high where she got easily sniped by anything and the missiles took longer time to travel. She's best at medium range.

That video is hilarious because Pharah blew herself up though?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
In most of my games we need an extra damage dealer (Attacking class).
Any time I see a long range friendly defensive team comp I get worried.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Some dude bitched about a reaper hanging around me when I played Mei, I wasn't aware using teamwork was a bad thing.

Yeah, it happens a lot when I'm playing Reinhardt. We can't break their line but I hit my Earthshatter or shoulder tackle through the enemy to stomp them from clumping and no one follows up picking off the scattered folks up. Or worse, you're shielding all of the damage from enemy fire but they let a Mei through and don't kill her so you get frozen from behind, that's the entire point of his character, take your damage for you so you can get shots off.

Last night on Temple of Anubis, we were on attack and stuck at that first chokepoint with two arches. I switched to Winston and jumped right through and on the objective, set up my barrier and four of their team dropped back from the arches to the objective to kill me.

"Good!" I think. "That's enough distraction for my team to get through."

I see what they're doing while I'm waiting to respawn and they're all flapping about outside the arches trying to kill one Tracer buzzing around them.

-_-

This game, man. This game.

At ~6 AM in the morning, I get home from work, gingerly place my sweet ass Nike Flyknits by the door, grab a beer, and get to work on Overwatch. You see, at this magical time, every player online is complete and utter garbage. And the one true trashman of Overwatch is the sweet Swede, Torbjorn Lindholm. Nothing makes people saltier than some 21-year old man pretending to be a little kid in text chat, not using turrets, and still getting MVP.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any chance we'll see an Illidan-inspired skin for Mercy at some point? Or at least ethereal Diablo wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom