• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't account for the stun not lasting long enough to ensure a fan kill on Reaper, who McCree is meant to be a counter to.
I don't think I've ever died to a fan the hammer as Reaper since the patch. I'm not entirely sure that's necessary since McCree has far more midrange potential than Reaper, but I do think its odd that McCree has only 200 health. I don't really think roll is a very effective escape or intiation tool, so it doesn't make a ton of sense that McCree has the same health as Genji. As a character designed to counter flanking he should probably be more durable. He's going to get jumped on he should have the ability to recover from that.

So tired of cowardly Roadhogs

Both Roadhog and Dva regularly feel like they're just there in matches to act as tanky offense heroes who are headshot magnets. Dva with her huge headshot hit box and Roadhog by healing in front of an enemy.

FoxSpirit

Those statistics are wird, how are they generated? I mean, I often play 3 characters in a match, how do you get a w/l ratio and other statistics from there?

Just saw the -30% dmg nerf on Torb's turret for consoles coming post. That's huge, and even more for people who play a hero that has no problem with the turrets in the first place. I guess it makes sense because console users have to have their aim at the turret before peaking while on PC, we just peak and snap our aim at anything we see in a fraction of a sec and shoot.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think I've ever died to a fan the hammer as Reaper since the patch. I'm not entirely sure that's necessary since McCree has far more midrange potential than Reaper, but I do think its odd that McCree has only 200 health. I don't really think roll is a very effective escape or intiation tool, so it doesn't make a ton of sense that McCree has the same health as Genji. As a character designed to counter flanking he should probably be more durable. He's going to get jumped on he should have the ability to recover from that.

Both Roadhog and Dva regularly feel like there just there in matches to act as tanky offense heroes who are headshot magnets. Dva with her huge headshot hit box and Roadhog by healing in front of an enemy.

If you play roadhog and Dva and you're not flanking you're playing them wrong.

abundant

Just saw the -30% dmg nerf on Torb's turret for consoles coming post. That's huge, and even more for people who play a hero that has no problem with the turrets in the first place. I guess it makes sense because console users have to have their aim at the turret before peaking while on PC, we just peak and snap our aim at anything we see in a fraction of a sec and shoot.

It's like that, more or less, on consoles as well, as long as it's only one Torb on the team.

Not the peak and snap your aim obviously, but a single Torb should never be something you can't manage unless you're team is real bad.

Antiwhippy

As always, the only tanks who should actually tank front in is reinhardt. Every other tank is built to weave in and out of corridors.

Anyway have some good tips for how to move with Tracer? I can't ever stay alive long enough while other Tracer players can run circles around my whole team.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The McCree fix should have kept the power of Fan the Hammer, but made it less available to use. Just put it on a cooldown, or else take the free reload off the roll. Instead, they've made it sort of useless against any heroes with >200HP, most notably Reaper, who can vape away before all of the bullets land.

You can still get Tracers and Genjis fine, provided they get close enough and move predictably enough. And his left click is still fantastic, but simply not as reliable as Soldier's. Who also has a self-heal and sprint.

Mcree shouldn't be a Tank killer, agitator OK or pick of tank with low health
Reaper you can understand why he's a tank buster

Mcree suppose to humble Tracers and Genjis who sometimes flank and pick off support
Problem is players play him front line when he's suppose to be mid/back line covering everyone's rear

FTH needs a cool down, of certain seconds
You can do your combo of Bang > FTH > Roll > FTH but then FTH needs to go on like a 5 sec cooldown so by the time bang and roll are back up, so is FTH

Most players who play Mcree don't even use the regular fire of his pistol
All I see them is lie in wait or flank and hide and pick of 1 target at a time and always use High Noon from high vantage point behind enemy lines

Meanwhile Tracer/Genji or any flanker skilled enough has been causing chaos in your teams back line and your wondering why no ones here with you

Only once have I seen a Mcree shoot 6 bullets completely one by one from a far to take out a Torb turret, I as Soldier76 felt so confused, like Mcree has a regular fire

Not just FTH, I mean when player cards show up and if its a Mcree its always how many FTH eliminations he got

Gorillaz

Anyway have some good tips for how to move with Tracer? I can't ever stay alive long enough while other Tracer players can run circles around my whole team.
Memorize map layout and health packs. You definitely need to memorize health pack locations. Pace your self with the blinks too you want to have atleast one stockpiled.

GraveRobberX

Strafing

You almost want to DOT your enemy into submission
I blink ever reload, after 3 blinks burned, rewind
Repeat

Roadhog is the best if you can flank him not for elimination purposes but to feed your Ultimate
He's an Ultimate battery for you

So many Pulse bombs gotten when he's on the other side
Really helps level the playing field to insta remove a Torb camping his turret, netting you a double or a Bastion entrenched your team can't reach

Best is when a Zarya works with you and you tell them your Ultimate is ready, then your Hear "I'm going for...", just run in from behind, place bomb, rewind, multikill

X-Frame

It amazes me how many times I get put into a losing game that ends within 10 seconds.

That means that somebody would rather quit with 10 seconds left, and add to their leaving penalty, just to save 10 seconds.

Antiwhippy

Her shielding capability is too sporadic and short and she doesn't exactly have the biggest healthpool so you'd want to weave in and out of gunfights constantly.

At some point it's pubs and more things work than don't so whatever, but if you want to actually tank the only option is reinhardt.

Eric WK

Those statistics are wird, how are they generated? I mean, I often play 3 characters in a match, how do you get a w/l ratio and other statistics from there?

W/L is based on who you finish the match with. Everything else is based on time actually playing the hero.

So what's the deal with Hanzo?
Maybe it's only on consoles, but he can get headshots just by looking at you it seems. I get head shotted by Hanzo I'd say 2 or 3 times as much as I do by Widowmaker. He's a better sniper.
But the kill cam shows that people who use him aren't really aiming that well, sometimes they cant even see you but as soon as you're in their view they head shot you.
Is it an aim assist thing? I don't know a lot about this sort of technical thing, but I doubt it's all skill. If it were, I'd be getting killed all the time by Widowmaker as well.

mbpm1

So what's the deal with Hanzo?
Maybe it's only on consoles, but he can get headshots just by looking at you it seems. I get head shotted by Hanzo I'd say 2 or 3 times as much as I do by Widowmaker. He's a better sniper.
But the kill cam shows that people who use him aren't really aiming that well, sometimes they cant even see you but as soon as you're in their view they head shot you.
Is it an aim assist thing? I don't know a lot about this sort of technical thing, but I doubt it's all skill. If it were, I'd be getting killed all the time by Widowmaker as well.

Hit hitboxes on the arrows are enormous

He can aim at your chest and get a headshot

duckroll

Started learning Symentra and Zenyatta. Don't usually play support characters, but I use it's useful to diversify what I can play in this game. Friend's bugging me to learn Lucio too...

Vitanimus

Started learning Symentra and Zenyatta. Don't usually play support characters, but I use it's useful to diversify what I can play in this game. Friend's bugging me to learn Lucio too...

Lucio is fairly easy to learn imo. He seems pretty helpful just being selected. Symmetra is also situationally really good too, although her viability really drops off after certain scenarios on control or defense. I still can never really justify picking Zenyetta since his mobility is just too poor.

Edit: Sigh, another pug tale. Dropped into a midgame on Dorado on attack, with a Symmetra. We were losing pretty bad, so I asked why they were using Symmetra since we're attacking and got no response. We lost the match, and got a courteous "noob" message.

The McCree fix should have kept the power of Fan the Hammer, but made it less available to use. Just put it on a cooldown, or else take the free reload off the roll. Instead, they've made it sort of useless against any heroes with >200HP, most notably Reaper, who can vape away before all of the bullets land.

You can still get Tracers and Genjis fine, provided they get close enough and move predictably enough. And his left click is still fantastic, but simply not as reliable as Soldier's. Who also has a self-heal and sprint.

I dont think I've ever died to a McCree as Reaper post-nerf.

He's not bad, but its not a coincidence competitive play has gone from 1-2 McCree on every team to him being replaced by Reaper/Pharah/Solder almost entirely. His mobility and sustainability is so ass compared to them, and he no longer has the close-range damage to make up for it. Viable, but given the choice he's way down the list for DPS characters now.

Kito

Won a defence game with 3 Symmetras. A whole new meaning to 'if we work in unison, our defence will be impenetrable'. We patrolled the map and replaced missing turrets accordingly. Held onto our teleporters until one was destroyed. It was magic.

GraveRobberX

Won a defence game with 3 Symmetras. A whole new meaning to 'if we work in unison, our defence will be impenetrable'. We patrolled the map and replaced missing turrets accordingly. Held onto our teleporters until one was destroyed. It was magic.

Incoming -30% nerf, Symm too OP

18 Turrets!

Prelude.

Today I experienced the horror of playing with randoms on a Sunday.
Defense maps were absolutely a nightmare, no one but me capable of stopping the payload because everyone's either a bastion, hanzo, widow or torb.

On the other hand, I got this:
5B1dS38.jpg

Nothing better than getting punched to death by Mei.

R0ckman

Had a moron on my team arguing with me that getting kills was more important than controling the point. Most of the team listened to him so half the time our team was off point, looked at my gold on obective the 4 enemies always on point, and just left the match. Tgus was a king of the hill match btw.

Its okay to ignore enemies sometimes... Why dont people get this?

Nazo

I dont think I've ever died to a McCree as Reaper post-nerf.

He's not bad, but its not a coincidence competitive play has gone from 1-2 McCree on every team to him being replaced by Reaper/Pharah/Solder almost entirely. His mobility and sustainability is so ass compared to them, and he no longer has the close-range damage to make up for it. Viable, but given the choice he's way down the list for DPS characters now.

I've not played as or against a post nerf Mcree yet (since I'm on console) but wouldn't an easy solution be to slightly up the fire rate of his primary fire and maybe a 5% damage boost on it too? It would possibly make him slightly more viable by letting him participate in fire fights from range and still let his FTH be for flankers like Tracer and Genji.

Just started playing the game ryhe other night and loving it so far. Had loads of fun playing as soldier 76, junk rat and Lucio. Even tried a round of payload defender with torb to try out his turret. Super effective when you have a decent team to keep people off its flanks. Even got one of my first potg's where I was dead and my turret shot one person lol.
Psn I'd is d124 if anyone wants to party up! will be playing sporadically over the next week.

duckroll

I still can never really justify picking Zenyetta since his mobility is just too poor.

Zenyatta seems made for attacking on payload maps in particular. Paired up with good tanks, a well timed Transcendence can push through a full enemy team at one go and basically turn the match around.

XenoRaven

There's been some good advice here already, but I'd add that, with Tracer, your priority isn't always to get a kill. Sometimes you add a lot of value just by being a distraction, whittling down the HP of your enemies, and forcing them to heal/look for you, which takes their attention off of the objective. This obviously requires your team to take advantage of the opportunity. But still, I find myself a lot more successful on Tracer when I get myself out of the "kill kill kill" mindset, and just take potshots and annoy the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom