• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewfonse

Playing on XOne, Torbjorn is my self esteem boosting character. Lost 4 straight as Mercy because teammates run away from you and don't protect you? No problem, Torbjorn to the rescue with a 27 kill streak. I only bust him out when I go on a dry spell. The facts.

Satch

Banned
Four people on my team picked torb and then the server closed for an unexpected error

God is on my side

Edit: nvm... We managed to win

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
People who pick Torb on offense didnt have fathers in their lives growing up, only explanation for such fatherless ass choices

The fuck kind of saying is this?

I use him, most pubs use him stupidly but if your a smart Torb on Attack, hell KOTH you can be good

You just need good teammates to help set you up, then they're rewarded with +75 armor

Case in point:
WKijdjgl.jpg

I maybe fatherless, but he left me a legacy to overcome naysayers who say douchebaggy things

Nazo

The fuck kind of saying is this?

I use him, most pubs use him stupidly but if your a smart Torn on Attack, hell KOTH you can be OP

I agree, I have a couple of friends who use him to great effect on KOTH maps. They've single-handedly won us the game more times than I can count just by switching to Torb.

LiK

Just heard about the Torb nerf on consoles. Good.

People who pick Torb on offense didnt have fathers in their lives growing up, only explanation for such fatherless ass choices

i played with two randoms who were Torbs on Offense on Anubis and they won the match for us. It was pretty amazing how good they were with their strat. They were grouped together when I checked.

Zemm

There is nothing more painful than having a lack of dps on your team. I did something like 17k damage on solider with 70% kill participation in one attack round but it felt awful to play because I was almost the only one actually doing any damage. We had 3 dps classes too but a lot of people have no idea how to output damage it feels like. Felt like the worst type of WoW raids where half the DPS are alt-tabbed or AFK.

I feel like Tracer is the only character who can only be countered by being outplayed, rather than having an actual counter. She's not going to be nerfed and she's not as high-impact as Genji, but it sure gets tiresome.

Apt101

Wow the bizarre lag compensation in this game. I was airborne with Pharah and actually killed two people when I was suddenly warped back to a previous location and had to watch a kill cam of me being ultimated. Ten, maybe fifteen seconds ago? For fucks sake Blizzard get your shit together. This is embarrassing.

Canucked

Was talking with mayor bout that too. Type of people to question why june 20th is such big deal

This may not be a legit strategy, but I find Junkrat is a good counter for her. If she's buzzing around I just throw everything. Traps and mines for when she wipes in and volleys for when she zips away and if she wins then hopefully she'll run over my bombs which she often does in public play.

I know people hate spam-monster junkrats but it kinda works for her.

Firebrand

I think I've had enough of this game for now, last few days have been mostly losses. Winrate plummeting especially with tanks as people rarely pick them. And no commends even when we win. :eek:) /whine

I did get this as a consolation:
I like the band aid spray in there, very symbolic lol.

By the way does it matter at which distance you get hooked / hook someone? Is the stun duration fixed from when the hook first lands? Cause I feel it's very inconsistent when I have time to react with iceblock / shadow walk etc, and when they just shoot me before I can get an ability off.

Canucked

I think I've had enough of this game for now, last few days have been mostly losses. Winrate plummeting especially with tanks as people rarely pick them. And no commends even when we win. :eek:) /whine

I did get this as a consolation:

I like the band aid spray in there, very symbolic lol.

I'm getting tired of the same old thing every match. Turrets on defend, snipers on attack. Maybe one healer or tank but rarely both. No one touching payloads. And then when it's time to switch from attack to defence, people drop out so the search for a new attack on payload begins again.

The game needs a new mode and maps already, but I may have overplayed. I'm sure most aren't as burned out as me.

Getting real sick of people begging for healers when they are %100 unwilling to be them. And when someone does finally pick a healer, the complainers backseat heal, or act as if they should have a pocket healer all game.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The fuck is up with matchmaking

We win as Defend on Numbani, next round is Attack for us (round was Temple of Anubis Attack before, so we were going to swap), the game goes into searching and places me in a Kings Row Attack with like 35 secs to go...

Seriously?

This game forces this 50-50 bullshit
If 1 team gels even for 3 games, break them up, reinstancing, no fun allowed

Also love 11 people ready, searching for 1 player, close lobby

KJ869

Reinhardt: Too much of the game revolves around either shooting AT Reinhardt's shield or THROUGH his shield, depending on your team. I would reduce his shield health by 200 (for a start) and possibly increase his movement speed penalty while his shield is up.

If you realy feel like this, just try lucio or junkrat for a moment. No more reinhard problem.

Is there a way you can tell what was the highest rank you achieved with certain character on master overwatch? For example last I checked about a week ago I was ranked 1050 with mccree. Haven't used him since patch. Now I am at 1650. So I was wandering if I was even higher ranked before the patch. Is there anyway to find out?

Also been trying out soldier 76 now. Damn this guy is a beast. My blizz tag is flickers#1848. And man after playing only 40+ matches with soldier I feel like I am climbing the ranks way faster than I ever did with mccree.

It's not Reinhardt himself that's the problem so much as peoples' reluctance to attack him or flank him. They just back up and hope that the other team dies on their own. You need to disrespect Reinhardt, especially as Roadhog.

Canucked

Nerfing Reinhardts shield removes half the point of him. He can't attack or barely move while using it, and there are a ton of enemies who can counter that tactic.

He's a great character with a coordinated team be can easily be taken down solo by so many people.

Nerfing Reinhardts shield removes half the point of him. He can't attack or barely move while using it, and there are a ton of enemies who can counter that tactic.

He's a great character with a coordinated team be can easily be taken down solo by so many people.
I agree without the shield he got nothing. He will just be another mccree after nerf.

LiK

whoa, people wanna nerf his shield? it's not that great anyway. i think it goes down too fast if he doesn't have a good team to back him up.

Zemm

console players just do not go after the objective on attack. like, no interest whatsoever.

Unfortunately this is not just a console problem. The amount of players I see too afraid to push through the archways on Hanamura or just onto the objective in general is crazy. The amount of soliders/Hanzo's/Widow's I see standing outside the objective when in overtime is even crazier, too afraid they're going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom