• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. It's a nice touch, and feels great when even the other team acknowledges you did a good job. =)

I was in a Gaf stack against a pub team where we went against a really annoying tracer who pretty much carried the enemy team. We told them that their tracer carried the team, and we got that annoyance a legendary.

Canucked

They see the red zone and they think since it's red it's bad for them so they run away

I've been in countless payloads where as Reinhardt (maybe with mercy or Lucio) where I push that thing across the map, and if were not there that thing doesn't move. The others are fucking scattered to the winds.

Also have pushed the payload as Mercy one too many times.

I don't know if you guys have ever tried playing the AI on hard-but it's so fucking ridiculous.

Hell on medium if you wait within 50meters of the enemy spawn that damn Zenyatta will show his perfect auto aim even when his vision is obscured by his teammates.

DrArchon

Fuck every single person that picks widow or hanzo and refuses to switch no matter what gametype it is or how bad they are doing. Attacking the objective? We must need a widowmaker! KotH? Hanzo needs to sit back and do nothing! That's a real help!

Can Blizzard bring back the able to avoid players again? Some people have no idea how to play the game and I don't want to play with those people ever again.

Totori Helmeow

Neo Member
How is Reapers spot now (in pubs and competitive) with the McCree nerf? Is he the prefered damage dealer or does he need a zarya? I dont have a lot of hours into Reaper so i don't quite get how he's suppose to play.

duckroll

If you don't want to play with bad randoms on your team, it's much easier to just form groups with people you know. If you absolutely want to play with random people, that's the luck of the draw. :p

So I tried out Lucio and he's super useful on King of the Hill maps. I was surprised. I didn't think he would be suited to my attitude at all, but once I got the hang of how you can just keep moving around the objective area while holding it, keeping your teammates healed, helping to knock enemies out if they get too close while everyone else just shoots them to death, it's pretty rad!

I'm getting so tired of butting my head into the wall trying to beat Torbjorn and Bastion stacks. When there's just one, I can handle it. When both or multiples - forget it. You just have to pray you rolled a team that can work together magically.

I actually would not be opposed to a Bastion nerf, to be honest. Or a new character that counters him hard - and isn't a high skill floor character like Genji. If an easy-to-use character was his foil, maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

Or maybe I just need to suck it up and learn Genji. I've never even tried. :p

Its off by default isn't it? I'd be amazed if most people knew it was there. But yep the same happens with me,clear turrets/bastion whatever and no one pushes
I don't think so, I never changed any settings and my kill feed has always been there since I started playing. It always annoys me when we kill 1 or 2 of them and I'm thinking we have the advantage and should push, but instead out team decides to just hang back and wait for those people to spawn, it's frustrating.

Grief.exe

I just got Torb Barbarossa skin. Bleh was hoping for Hanzo.

Getting Torb legendaries like

giphy.gif

eek5

I don't think so, I never changed any settings and my kill feed has always been there since I started playing. It always annoys me when we kill 1 or 2 of them and I'm thinking we have the advantage and should push, but instead out team decides to just hang back and wait for those people to spawn, it's frustrating.

I had to turn it on. Pretty sure it is off by default. No clue why though

Zaventem

Do you think official blizzard tournaments will be hero stacking of any limit? They've said countless times that's how they envisioned the game to be played but balancing around that seems like a nightmare to me.

I had to turn it on. Pretty sure it is off by default. No clue why though
Really? Guess I just don't remember turning it on. I'm guessing I turned it on day 1.

On another note, I am in LOVE with Roadhog, his hook is soooo good and he's so much fun. I've had lots of fun with pretty much all the tanks so far and they are probably my favorite characters. The only tank I can't get good at is Reinhardt, I don't know why. Whenever I use him I just get destroyed. Although it could be that I just pick him when I have a crappy team, but either way I have a lot of fun with the other tanks, mainly Roadhog and Winston.

duckroll

Do you think official blizzard tournaments will be hero stacking of any limit? They've said countless times that's how they envisioned the game to be played but balancing around that seems like a nightmare to me.

There's no need to worry about that imo. If we're talking about official tournaments, they're meant to be high level. High level players don't whine about stacking, they just work on countering. If you're a tournament-tier team and you can't handle a stacking gimmick team, what good are you?

LiK

If you expect randoms to play your way or play well then you're doing it wrong. Maybe play in a group where people actually work together more often. Even just one or two extra buddies can make a difference. Better than 100% randoms.

abundant

There's no need to worry about that imo. If we're talking about official tournaments, they're meant to be high level. High level players don't whine about stacking, they just work on countering. If you're a tournament-tier team and you can't handle a stacking gimmick team, what good are you?

Pretty much. The only reason to ban hero stacking in pro level tournaments is to make it more entertaining to watch since more heroes would be played.

R0ckman

Does anyone leave defend payload missions where everyone goes right to the doorstep? It always equaled steamrolls in my games. Specifically the ones where its a capture point first.

Permanently A

I really like Reinhardt, so much I bought a legendary for him, but I've really soured on playing him because people don't want to stay behind the shield. Everyone always wants to push up.

Does anyone leave defend payload missions where everyone goes right to the doorstep? It always equaled steamrolls in my games. Specifically the ones where its a capture point first.

No cause im the first one at the attackers doors. I love doing it on Kings Row, Hanamura and Dorado

Translation?:
Does anyone leave games ( Payload - defense) when they see their entire team over extending?

XenoRaven

I think he's talking about when the defending team sets up all their defensive resources outside the attackers' spawn and have no resources on the point.

This happens to me most often on Numbani where my team pushes up too far, they get picked off, and it's basically a free point cap.

R0ckman

Had a match where my team was having issues pushing on attack in double cap, one guy on our team asks why we have a symmettra on last 10 secs.

"Because I'm bad at video games."

"DEFEAT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom