• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly tired of Hanzo and Widow in every QP game now. I'm much happier with a 6-stack just because we rarely play them, lol. Seriously, even when we have a 5-stack, the lone random plays Widow or Hanzo only. It's like clockwork. Altho that doesn't prevent the enemy teams from having one. :[

Yeah, QP games are much better when we have a 6-stack. And even then some games might not that good because the enemy team decides to pick stupid characters even having a 6-stack too :\

I created another account so I can practice new stuff in comp without the fear of performing badly and having my ranking decay significantly, because right now there's just no good place to practice besides comp. Having to gain 25 levels is super boring though...

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I think the cooldown should start as soon as you drop the bubble, but that's it.

This would be too strong, I think; giving Winston any more shield uptime than he currently has would make good monkeys incredibly tough to take down.

I'd like to see his jump pack do 25-ish more damage on landing, personally. Would really boost his efficacy when diving on Tracers, Genjis, and supports, but wouldn't meaningfully change his matchups vs. tanks and Reaper.

Mrgamer

My take on overwatch so far as a new player currently at level 80 1st prestige.
Solo queing on comp is soul destroying managed to get a high season of 2895 sr on season 3 also my first season,diamont is far reaching :(.
The amount of selfish players is too dam high and people without mics higher.
Everyone wants a tank and a healer but won't run one.
But the game is still fun, running with selfish players forced me to get better with most heros.
Love hate game for sure.

komaruR

Yeah, QP games are much better when we have a 6-stack. And even then some games might not that good because the enemy team decides to pick stupid characters even having a 6-stack too :

I created another account so I can practice new stuff in comp without the fear of performing badly and having my ranking decay significantly, because right now there's just no good place to practice besides comp. Having to gain 25 levels is super boring though...
It was quite a pain. Luckily I did that during Halloween when me and my friends was doing the junkenstein revenge.
Wonder if we can get a 6stack alt on ps4 so that deranking in comp won't effect randoms in our team. Well other than giving the other team free wins even tho they might not be up to stuff lol.

Just wanna be able to play with one of my friend in silver or wanna experiment with trying to get back to your original rank from bronze lol.

I'm honestly tired of Hanzo and Widow in every QP game now. I'm much happier with a 6-stack just because we rarely play them, lol. Seriously, even when we have a 5-stack, the lone random plays Widow or Hanzo only. It's like clockwork. Altho that doesn't prevent the enemy teams from having one. :[
Does this mean I can't bust out my
somehow effective
joke Widow anymore?

Solo queing on comp is soul destroying managed to get a high season of 2895 sr on season 3 also my first season,diamont is far reaching :(.
But the game is still fun, running with selfish players forced me to get better with most heros.
Love hate game for sure.

Worst is when a person picks a tank/support at the start but before the door opens switch out to their preferred hero.

Love hate game for sure.

It's weird too because playing support and tank is actually quite fun. Mercy is pretty boring and Rein can be as well, but other tanks and Ana and Zen are really fun to play.

Worst is when a person picks a tank/support at the start but before the door opens switch out to their preferred hero.

That's dumb but from my experience it usually happens when someone picks Rein and then sees that no one else picks a support or vice versa. Playing tank when you have no supports or playing support when you have no tanks is often a nightmare.

LAM09

Love hate game for sure.

I hope be making the same mistake in S4. Too many people play what they want and do their own thing, instead of working as a team.

Ambient80

I wouldn't mind them at all on my team if either of them had any sort of synergy with other heroes. I guess Hanzo sort of does, but he's super reliant on basically Zarya's ult. Widow I feel like has absolutely zero synergy with other heroes, which means she tends to get played away from the group and not helping with the objective.

Yeah, QP games are much better when we have a 6-stack. And even then some games might not that good because the enemy team decides to pick stupid characters even having a 6-stack too :

What's the alt account? I may try to do the same.

Also if anyone thinks plying Mercy is boring. You ain't playing Mercy quite right

Ultra LTTP on this. Finally caved and ordered off Amazon. How n00b friendly will my starting experience be? I usually avoid playing multi games this far after launch. Something about overwatch just keeps calling me.

Skii

havent played Genji in ages but his ult hit reg still feels off

Yeah it's still really bad. Like it averages at least 1 no-reg slash every ult it feels like. I once got 1v1ed by a Mercy whilst using dragon blade because I had 4 non-reg slashes in a row. Anyone who's familiar with this knows that you're not actually missing the slash. You see it hit and the animation for it hitting goes off but the enemy receives no damage.

I dont think it'll ever be fixed because that means a Genji buff and there would be riots if that happened lol.

Jellie

Ultra LTTP on this. Finally caved and ordered off Amazon. How n00b friendly will my starting experience be? I usually avoid playing multi games this far after launch. Something about overwatch just keeps calling me.

Depends on which hero you pick. Would recommend Soldier to start with since he's the most simple. Head to the practice range or practice against AI to get the feel of over heroes. You should be matched up with new people until around rank 20 although you might end up against smurfs too (people who have another account).
I honestly don't mind Hanzo players so long as they regularly provide sight. It lets me play a lot better.
Sights when your team has a roadhog is so valuable.

jviggy43

Just be patient and dont get frustrated with learning. There is a lot for you to pick up on and with everyone pretty much knowing the ins and outs it will be a little harder to pick up. With that said its a great game so I'd recommend watching some introduction videos on the characters to get an idea of mot only what playstyle you want but also how the other characters function

Also dont you dare think about maining hanzo or widow

You're going to be playing against players of low skill level because of matched MMR, but during non-competitive games it's could be a bit off so you might be playing against some tough opponents. There are no penalties to losing a quick play game though besides poor stats and absolutely no penalty whatsoever to losing an arcade game so just have fun in those modes. There's a bit of a learning curve as you not only need to know how to play characters but also how to fights others, but focus on having fun first.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've been researching the hell out of it the past day or so. I'm going to check out the intro vids to get a feel for who will suit my style the best.

Gorillaz

Think I might run sombra a bit more in season 4 now that I had a few more hours of playing as her and it seems like the "hate" for the character has also died down a bit more.

I still think tracer in some regards can do what she does "better" but in certain matchups I'm starting to like sombra more as the disruptor

It was quite a pain. Luckily I did that during Halloween when me and my friends was doing the junkenstein revenge.
Wonder if we can get a 6stack alt on ps4 so that deranking in comp won't effect randoms in our team. Well other than giving the other team free wins even tho they might not be up to stuff lol.

Just wanna be able to play with one of my friend in silver or wanna experiment with trying to get back to your original rank from bronze lol.

Yeah we should try that. When I play with my main account I usually try to be a good teammate and pick what the team is lacking (support and tank obviously lol) even though I really like to play offensive heroes, I rarely instalock someone and I'm always one of the last to pick a character. In this account I won't really care, I will play whatever I feel like to and try new stuff in a more "serious" environment. If the other teammates don't want to fill the gap it's fine by me.

What's the alt account? I may try to do the same.

I'll add you guys later.

KanameYuuki

So tired of so many good Widowmaker, and so, as they say, f you can't beat them join them, only problem is that I've always been awful sniping, so this will be a difficult ride.

Gorillaz

Dvas are everywhere still
on console
but for the most part it's a Rein and Hog world with some zarya sprinkled in

Nobody knows how to play winston tho which is kinda hilarious. Miro thankfully keeing hope alive.

komaruR

You gonna have fun for the first 20levels matching with new players that are under lv20 too (unless theres smurf or new player grouped with a veteran friend). Best to enjoy it and have fun. Once you hit near 20, the hidden match making ranking system will start match you with players that are within your skill and for the most part have atleast some experience. By that time, watching certain yt'er guide could help learn route/tips/playstyle for you.

Yeah we should try that. When I play with my main account I usually try to be a good teammate and pick what the team is lacking (support and tank obviously lol) even though I really like to play offensive heroes, I rarely instalock someone and I'm always one of the last to pick a character. In this account I won't really care, I will play whatever I feel like to and try new stuff in a more "serious" environment. If the other teammates don't want to fill the gap it's fine by me.

I'll add you guys later.
Lol totally didn't think that we would need to get an alt just to practice heroes in a comp setting.
But then I guess it's better to get a 6stack alt so we don't hurt any randoms rank lol.

Jellie

I still see DVA regularly on PC. She's still pretty strong if the enemy doesnt have a Hog. But I'm guessing I won't see many in competitive.

Gets absolutely shat on by Zarya again thankfully. Hate having her on my team when I'm Zarya since she eats up my charge with her DM but love facing them. Especially since most of them still think they can play her pre-nerf style.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've been researching the hell out of it the past day or so. I'm going to check out the intro vids to get a feel for who will suit my style the best.
The game will feel like a random crapshoot at first because you have no idea what everyone can do, but that feeling will pass.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like you should be able to leave comp games without penalty if you are on a team with Widowmaker and the other team is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom